Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro Social League Mon/Tues 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Des wrote: »
    Where are Bar Real in the league?

Does it look like iChina got new players, or do you reckon Bar Real were down a few?

Fúck it, iChina better not be iBrazil now.

i heard they signed a new chinese lad called win one soon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

i heard they signed a new chinese lad called win one soon. :)

Is he the brother of Dublin's new gah manager Win Sam Soon?

racist jokes ftw.

astro have updated the site with full results - 1/3 of the way there, we are joint second, behind on goal difference....des, if its level at end of year, is there a play off for first spot or goal difference? both the teams above us have had 9 and 10 goal wins. we missed out by getting a W/O perhaps against the dodgers. we need to hit somebody soon for a 5-0/6-0 to catch up on them, our defence is the 2nd best in the league also.

8 TUE NOV 25 Boardeaux 4 2 Perrem Design Hardware
    8 TUE NOV 25 Coffin Dodgers 0 5 The full irish
    8 TUE NOV 25 Glenwood Rovers 0 1 Ravenhill
    8 TUE NOV 25 I-China 2 2 Bar Real
    8 MON NOV 24 Oak Tree Press 2 0 Coca Cola

7 TUE NOV 18 Boardeaux 3 0 Coffin Dodgers
    7 TUE NOV 18 Coca Cola 0 2 Bar Real
    7 TUE NOV 18 Glenwood Rovers 1 0 The full irish
    7 TUE NOV 18 I-China 1 9 Ravenhill
    7 MON NOV 17 Oak Tree Press 2 0 Perrem Design Hardware

6 TUE NOV 11 Coca Cola 0 3 Ravenhill
    6 TUE NOV 11 I-China 1 3 Glenwood Rovers
    6 TUE NOV 11 Oak Tree Press 5 0 Coffin Dodgers
    6 MON NOV 10 Bar Real 2 1 Perrem Design Hardware

5 TUE NOV 4 Bar Real 0 0 Coffin Dodgers
    5 TUE NOV 4 Oak Tree Press 0 1 Boardeaux
    5 TUE NOV 4 Perrem Design Hardware 0 3 Ravenhill

4 TUE OCT 28 Oak Tree Press 3 3 The full irish
    4 TUE OCT 28 Ravenhill 2 1 Coffin Dodgers

3 TUE OCT 21 Coca Cola 3 5 The full irish
    3 TUE OCT 21 Coffin Dodgers 0 10 Glenwood Rovers
    3 TUE OCT 21 Perrem Design Hardware 2 0 I-China
    3 MON OCT 20 Ravenhill 0 0 Boardeaux

2 TUE OCT 14 Bar Real 0 1 The full irish
    2 TUE OCT 14 Coffin Dodgers 4 1 I-China
    2 TUE OCT 14 Glenwood Rovers 2 0 Boardeaux
    2 MON OCT 13 Perrem Design Hardware 2 2 Coca Cola

1 TUE OCT 7 Boardeaux 5 1 I-China
    1 TUE OCT 7 Glenwood Rovers 4 4 Oak Tree Press
    1 TUE OCT 7 Ravenhill 3 1 Bar Real
    1 MON OCT 6 Coffin Dodgers 0 3 Coca Cola

Good work Ed.

Cheers

and while im at it, here is the table -
    P WD L F A GD PTS
    1 Ravenhill 7 6 1 0 21 3 18 19
    2 Glenwood Rovers 6 4 1 1 20 6 14 13
    3 Boardeaux 6 4 1 1 13 5 8 13
    4 Oak Tree Press 6 3 2 1 16 8 8 11
    5 The full irish 5 3 1 1 14 7 7 10
    6 Bar Real 6 2 2 2 7 7 0 8
    7 Perrem Design Hardware 6 2 0 4 7 12 -5 6
    8 Coca Cola 6 1 1 4 8 14 -6 4
    9 Coffin Dodgers 8 1 1 6 5 29 -24 4
    10 I-China 6 0 1 5 6 23 -17 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Shouldn't be worrying about goal difference. Winning it outright is what we should be at. Very important we continue the winning run next week!

some news that could threaten our run.......

dan and mick are off to dubai for 10 days so missing next game. Ciaran took a bad knock on monday night and can barely walk. looks like he will be out for a while. hopefully not tho. and i think a few players like gav and derek said they were not able to play mondays before...

so, we maybe short this week...des, worth sending the texts now early incase we are missing a few? like these always 2 or 3 lads missing and we could be 4 or 5 more down...is mark injured? karl? larry? Daryll? they missed the last night.

Ravenhill drew against the Full Irish. And Glenwood drew against Bar Real. Excellent

thats excellent news.

our next 3 games will now decide if we can challenge for this league or not.

oak tree press are now second after beating Glenwood, pity it wasnt a draw but still, at least the others are all beating each other. OAK tree play ravenhill next week, we play Glenwood, so its going to be very interesting after next week.

our next 3 games, Glenwood, Oak Tree and Full Irish will determine our season. if we get 9 points here, i feel that the league is ours to lose.

massive massive games coming up.

• Advertisement

OAK tree play ravenhill next week, we play Glenwood, so its going to be very interesting after next week.

GRAND SLAM MONDAY!!!!

ravenhill won. they are on 9 games, 2 more than us with 7 points more. we really need to beat them, no other outcome. its a disgrace how they have 2 more played than anybody else. coffin dodgers have 10 played....f*cking farce. and also, as i said to a few of you, the ref told me that last weeks game was called off at the request of one of the teams (must be them) and not cos we were told to call it off......c*nts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ravenhill won. they are on 9 games, 2 more than us with 7 points more. we really need to beat them, no other outcome. its a disgrace how they have 2 more played than anybody else. coffin dodgers have 10 played....f*cking farce. and also, as i said to a few of you, the ref told me that last weeks game was called off at the request of one of the teams (must be them) and not cos we were told to call it off......c*nts.

Ravenhill are the team to beat, but we can't drop points against anyone else as I cant see Ravenhill dropping many more points (if any).

Martin you can correct me here but...:D

If we win all of our remaining games we end up on 49 Points.

If Ravenhill win theres (exluding the game against us) they will have 47, or 50 if they beat us.

If we draw and both teams win all of their remaining games we end up on 47 and they end up on 48 :eek:

Too sick to check if that's correct but I'll trust ya ;) We should remember that we've never lost to Ravenhill in 5 meetings so we hold a hex over them. They're quaking in their boots I'd imagine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Ravenhill are the team to beat, but we can't drop points against anyone else as I cant see Ravenhill dropping many more points (if any).

Martin you can correct me here but...:D

If we win all of our remaining games we end up on 49 Points.

If Ravenhill win theres (exluding the game against us) they will have 47, or 50 if they beat us.

If we draw and both teams win all of their remaining games we end up on 47 and they end up on 48 :eek:

worth pointing out that if Oak Tree Press win all their remaining games they will also end up on 47 points, still all to play for in this league ;)

42 points will win the league IMO. the teams are too close for some body to win all their games.

42 points will win the league IMO. the teams are too close for some body to win all their games.

I'd tend to agree. At this stage anyone of 4 teams could win this league, the head to heads will count for a lot but every other team in the league is capable of drawing or even sneaking a win against any of those 4.

Even the coffin dodgers and iChina could take points from some of the "Big Four" ;) if they get complacent, but particularly the likes of Bar Real and Coca Cola are probably better than their results suggest to date and will have the chance to trip up some of the teams with their eyes on the league title.

Nothing from last night's game. Called off maybe?

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Nothing from last night's game. Called off maybe?

It was cold, but not freezing last night.

Quite balmy today, for december.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Des wrote: »
    It was cold, but not freezing last night.

Quite balmy today, for december.

Word of the day! :D

• Advertisement

last night was perfect night for astro, me dan and mick were playing in tallght and surface was perfect. no reason for the game to be called off, they probably just didnt update their scores. theres 3/4 teams that dont and then the league update them themselves 4/5 days later...

lads, see our fixtures have changed? des/mikie, can you update the thread if not already done?

looks like ravenhill lost 1-0 so if we win our games in hand, we can go joint top, as they can, so could be a 3 way tie at the top. we still have all the other teams to play.

its wide open, could be interesting if we match their results for rest of the season and then we play the last 2 games when everybody else is finished.

actually make that a 4 way tie possibly as full irish won too. this could be very interesting and is great for us as each team can possibly beat each other and maybe dropping points is not a major issue. 2 massive games coming up against full irish and up next, its oak tree press.

Interesting stuff alright. 4 teams essentially level with Glenwood two points off that. Any one of 5 teams are in with a shout. Last ten games are going to be interesting!

Glenwood won last night. They're a point ahead of us now though we've two games in hand on them.

ravenhill played 2 lost 2 scored 0 while I was away..:mad:

coincidence? I think not. Normal service shall be resumed next week (if I make it back in time!) :D

Iago wrote: »
    ravenhill played 2 lost 2 scored 0 while I was away..:mad:

coincidence? I think not. Normal service shall be resumed next week (if I make it back in time!) :D

at least thats some good news for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we played oak tree off the park for the majority of the game last nite and ended up loosing 5-1, they picked us on the break and got 3 goals in the last 15 minutes when we were chasing the game.

that leaves us 5th, but still the chance to go 2nd if we win next week and our games in hand.

Ravenhill lost again last night!! Oak Tree Press are favourites now!

first flight was cancelled, second flight was delayed. Missed the game as a result. No hassle though, win our last 6 games and I still think we'll win the league ;)

• Advertisement

Here's how it stands at the top after last night:

1 Oak Tree Press 26 (Played 11)
    2 The Full Irish 23 (Played 10)
    3 Ravenhill 23 (Played 12)
    4 Glenwood 21 (Played 11)
    5 Boards 17 (Played 10)

So games in hand won and we're 6 points behind a possible leader. So we need a team to lose 2 or more games. Our goal difference is very poor now in comparison to the others so that's not great! Can be done but will take some luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement