If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the current 'offers' for boardies ?

Options
  • 07-10-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Are there any special offers from RS available to boardies ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

My god it seems ages (it IS ages) since I have posted here - Fishfoodie to answer your query about Richer Sounds offers for Boardies - we are working on the mother & father of offers.

As some of you may be aware we occassionally (about every 2 years) have an 'open box' sale - this is when we clear out all our 14 day exchange items and ex-display items and it ALWAYS produces a huge queue of people some of whom queue for hours to get the real deals - well we intend to restrict this years 'open box' sale to Boardies this year and to launch it online on a
    1st come 1st served basis to Boardies at the end of October.

We have already started work compiling the list and we will be able to release it over the next 2 weeks. The deals are always special - put it this way - we don't expect to make money on our open box deals! We will keep you posted!

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Excellent John!

I could do with a new receiver ;)

We will post a 'teaser' list of about 20 pieces with projected prices within the next 24 hours or so - but we will only sell 'em all on a one day Boardies launch which will be open to all to see that its a fair 1st come 1st served sale - should be around the end of October.....

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Where is this going to be?
    If its Belfast, we've got to book accommodation! :)

S.

No - no panic about accommodation! it will be a 'Virtual' sale - we will release the list only on Boards.ie and then Boardies can reply openly online only to say which bits they want to purchase.

That is the fairest way for everyone - Hey I may even get organised soon and work out exactly how it's going to work!

Of course this will be in our Commercial interaction thread - so all you guys & Girls will have to worry about is to make sure you are sat in front of your PC when we release the list and be quick on the keys.......

Details soon....

• Advertisement

Any update on the virtual sale?
    The anticipation is killing us! :)
    Well, perhaps not the anticipation, but the wife might, depending on whats in the sale, and at what prices......

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

I could do with an Onkyo 876 so fingers crossed that you had some on display recently....

Boardies - apologies for the delay - but here are the 1st 10 or 11 items - selected at random for the Boardies only open box sale.

Please note that we intend to release these all in one go and we will not under any circumstances sell these at this time - it is our intention to list all open box items at one time (provisionally Thursday October 30th on Boards.ie) and to sell them openly on a 1st come 1st served basis online in public so everyone can see we are being fair!

Cambridge Audio S30 Black Speakers – Retail was £119.95/€150 – as new – 1 pair only – Now £49.95/€59

Philips 20PFL4122 – 20” LCD TV – Retail was £270/€329 – no box, but all bits – Now £119.95/€149

Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blue ray DVD – Black Retail was £299/€375– Original Box – Now £159/€199

Marantz PM4001 OSE Amplifier - Black – Boxed as new – Retail was £229.95/€289 – Now £119/€149

Marantz CD5001 OSE CD Player – Silver – Boxed as new – Retail was £229/€289 – Now £109/€139

Soundstyle Z2 speaker stand in Silver – Slightly scratched base – Was £69/€89 – Now £39/€49

Marantz SR5500 – AV Receiver Black – Boxed – Was £350/€440 – Now £99/€129

Onkyo TXSR606 7.1 AV Receiver – Black – As new – Was £399.95/€500 – Now £279/€350

Teac AG790 Stereo receiver – No Box – Was £149.95/€189 – Now £79/€100

Marantz PM6002 Amplifier Silver – Boxed as new – Was £249.95/€329 – Now £185/€229

Cambridge Audio 340R AV receiver – Boxed as new – Was £270/€339 – Now £130/€1159

Panasonic TX26LXD70 - 26" TV - was £599/€750 (believe it or not!) - Now £299/€389

That's just a taster - we have about 150 items including lot's of TV's /AV amps/ Speakers etc - these are all items that have been on Display but they are mainly units that have been returned by Customers under our 14 day exchange deal - ie they have only had a maximum of 2 weeks use.

Most of the items will be supplied with our standard warranty and as ever the 14 day exchange policy will apply!

However I can do a boards deal for today! I have just got a small quantity of the Panasonic DMC FX33 8.1 MPDigital cameras which I can do on a Boards only special at £89.95/€114.95 - with £4.99/€5.99 delivery - the cheapest I can find this online is £119!

Once again its a small quantity so it's 1st come 1st served! you can email us to sales@richersounds.ie and we will contact you by return,

Thanks as ever Boardies,

John Mc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I soo need a receiver to pump 5.1 to my 360 and that cambridge has 2*hdmi so dvd + 360 connected to it would be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

That Onkyo 606 would be nice. Can't wait for the sale!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Do you have much of the open-box stuff on display?

Im going to your shop tomorrow to pay & collect my Panny th50pz81b

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

This sounds cool.What time on Thursday the 30th will the ye be releasing the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Cambridge Audio 340R AV receiver – Boxed as new – Was £270/€339 – Now £130/€1159

Wow that Euro price is a hell of a mark up!!

Only kidding JohnMc, I know it's a typo.

Some handy bargains to be had.

Hey God's toy - you know we have to make our money somehow....Its almost as bad as a Marks and Spencers Euro markup! (ooops apologies) We are still listing furiously for the 30th - hopefully we will make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭piaget

Picked up 2 of those Panasonic cameras this week from John Mc.
    Excellent bargain as always. Looking forward to the sale, Xmas is coming to me hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Is the list still going to be published on Thursday and if so do you have any particular time in mind? Either my boss or my wife is going to go ballistic if I sit glued to boards all day Thursday

Yeah can we make it at least 7 on thursday evening so everyone is home from work and ready on their computers for the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

If i can make a suggestion John i'm dubious about a 'fastest finger wins' system for the sale. While some of us (myself included to be honest) can make myself available for when the list is launched most probably can't be online at that exact minute.

How about after the list is published we all get a chance (say 24hrs) to express an interest in what we want and then you go off and pick a 'winner' at random for each item. They then have a limited period of time to pay up or it goes to the next person who expressed an interest. Hey you might even be able to offer some deals on similar equipment for the 'losers' ;)

Just trying to be fair to all boardies and give us all a decent chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,066 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Bluehair wrote: »
    How about after the list is published we all get a chance (say 24hrs) to express an interest in what we want and then you go off and pick a 'winner' at random for each item. They then have a limited period of time to pay up or it goes to the next person who expressed an interest.
    This is a very good (and fair) suggestion. I hope JohnMc takes it on Board! :D

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    This is a very good (and fair) suggestion. I hope JohnMc takes it on Board! :D

I agree too. Hopefully John agrees. Most probably he would put a set time to respond regarding items offered- thereafter it automatically gets offered to a second person, and so on.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Have to be carefull of people registering multiple accounts tho just increase their chances.

Will their be a limit of one item per boardsie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Bluehair wrote: »
    Just trying to be fair to all boardies and give us all a decent chance :)

Can't agree more. Those of us that have limited web-access are at a disadvantage when it comes to 'first to reply'. Besides, I think you'll agree that most boardsie's are decent sorts and Bluehair's suggestion is fairest and most equitable way to get a bite of the RS cherry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Bluehair/John Mc - I agree sounds like the fairest way.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Don't like to go against the flow here, but I don't think it's realistic to expect Richersounds to effectively hold a raffle for each item where more than one person expresses an interest in buying it, especially considering the suggest number of items in the sale (150 items + according to John).

I understand that people want to see some element of everyone getting a chance at something they want, but these guys are running a business, it's not the Lotto, and there are practical limits to what they can undertake in administrative terms - it could take forever for them to get things actually sold, with people "bidding" into things, not following through, offering to the next person etc.

Boardies are already getting exclusive first access to the sale items, which is a pretty big deal, compared to trotting up to Belfast and taking your chance in the queue in a normal sale.

I think it would be fair for Richersounds to tell us in advance what time the sale is going online - Now-ish would be a good time to do that, hint, hint....

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

The Ritz wrote: »
    Don't like to go against the flow here, but I don't think it's realistic to expect Richersounds to effectively hold a raffle for each item where more than one person expresses an interest in buying it, especially considering the suggest number of items in the sale (150 items + according to John).

I understand that people want to see some element of everyone getting a chance at something they want, but these guys are running a business, it's not the Lotto, and there are practical limits to what they can undertake in administrative terms - it could take forever for them to get things actually sold, with people "bidding" into things, not following through, offering to the next person etc.

Boardies are already getting exclusive first access to the sale items, which is a pretty big deal, compared to trotting up to Belfast and taking your chance in the queue in a normal sale.

I think it would be fair for Richersounds to tell us in advance what time the sale is going online - Now-ish would be a good time to do that, hint, hint....

Ritz.

gonna have to agree with this lads, provided there's a time given (around lunch ;) ) that seems pretty fair to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

The Ritz wrote: »

To be fair, and bearing in mind the limited numbers who frequent this board, I don't exactly see them being swamped with dozens of people interested in each item. There really isn't any more administrative work involved than would be anyway. In fact it's even easier since if people don't follow through (and some may not anyway) they'll automatically have a name of who is interested next. Odds are there'll only be multiple interest in 'big ticket' items anyway and even then it'll probably be a toss up between a few people.

Honestly I don't even see them shifting most of the stuff on here. No doubt lots of amps, receivers, lcds etc will move but otherwise I suspect they'll end up doing a bricks'n'mortar sale regardless. Interested and all as we might be this particular board often has tumbleweed blowing across it :)

Personally it's no issue to me, i can hover on the forum all day tomor :D but I'd still rather see a fairer way to all boardies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Any time before 8am or after 7pm would be great.

Oh how I loathe Websense.

Is this going ahead or not.Would be great to know what is happening.

Boardies, apologies for the delay - believe it or not we really are busy - what recession???

OK we will post the open box sale details at 9PM tomorrow, Thursday evening - we have had a good think about it and we think that this is fair as we don't want Boardies getting sacked for hogging the PC during work hours!

We will post one long list on this forum and we will take the 1st offer on each product only from Boardies - this is an exclusive sale for Boardies!!!

If you would like to purchase something we would ask you to post on this forum and book your item - we will contact you by PM and give you contact details over the following 24 hours and you can contact me or my team personally to discuss payment. If you PM us we will not book the item for you as we have to be seen to be fair and above board (ie).

So to recap - 9 tomorrow evening we will upload the list and we will monitor it for the following days - I am available all Thursday evening until midnight online and on the phone if I can assist and I am also available all day Friday.

If yuo guys are interested in something and it looks like it's gone - please post a request and we will do our best to find you a second one or do a mega deal on a new model!!!

Hope that covers most things - drop me a line if I have forgotten/screwed up/annoyed you all!!!

Thanks as ever Boardies!

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

John,

Thanks for the update :).

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.