Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your fav rosemantic line from a movie???

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Girl: "Whatcha wanna marry me for?"

Guy: "So I can kiss you any time I want"

Sweet Home Alabama...so cheesy, but who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

My all-time absolute favourite, Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Holly: I'll never let anyone put me in a cage!
    Paul: I don't want to put you in a cage, I just wanna love you.

Gets me every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 BAM!

sar84 wrote: »
    Had to look up the exact words to this, but i love the bit in Love Actually where the guy stands outside the door with sheets of card:

[on sheets of poster board]
    Mark: With any luck, by next year - I'll be going out with one of these girls.
    [shows pictures of beautiful supermodels]
    Mark: But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth - To me, you are perfect - And my wasted heart will love you - Until you look like this
    [picture of a mummy]
    Mark: Merry Christmas

Me too me too!!! Well up every single time! How sweet is he???

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

It's not a line from a film, but you know that film Say Anything with John Cusack, where he's standing outside the girls room with the boom box??

I love that scene, it's so sweet. I want it to happen to me some day......haha!

Yes! I agree, and the lyrics in the song do the talking: "In your eyes, the light, the heat - I am complete....". Love that movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Not from a movie but theres an episode of Lost where Penny and Desmond finally get to speak to each other after three years...

DESMOND: I love you, Penny. I’ve always loved you. I’m so sorry. I love you!
    PENNY: I love you too.
    DESMOND: I don’t know where I am, but —
    PENNY: I’ll find you, Des —
    DESMOND: I promise —
    PENNY: No matter what —
    DESMOND: I’ll come back to you —
    PENNY: I won’t give up —
    BOTH: I promise. I love you.

Its just so sweet. You have to see it to fully get the sense of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUc5XlvNe9Y

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Sangre wrote: »
    'was it raining? I hadn't noticed'

I always enjoy saying that to a girl if she points out the rain and its the two of us. I then try and see how long I can stare in her eyes.

Oh Please... :eek:I love soppy movies but that is probably the worst line in History... and the fact that its being said by Andie McDowell makes it even worse.. that girl just can't act!

maple wrote: »
    I bloody hate that Jerry McGuire movie, you complete me, my hole. :rolleyes:

Anyway my fave line from movie The Notebook, where Noah and Ally are standing on the dock and he tells her that its not over and then he grabs her and kisses the face off her. I like it because its passionate and raw and also because Ryan Gosling is a big dirty ride. :D

+100000000,000000000,00000000,00000:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

jobucks wrote: »
    Oh Please... :eek:I love soppy movies but that is probably the worst line in History... and the fact that its being said by Andie McDowell makes it even worse.. that girl just can't act!
    Thats kind of my whole point. Especially funny when you say it after you've already made a comment about the rain.

oooo oo what about this one, can't believe I nearly forgot it.

"No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."--Rhett Butler

ahhh

Sangre wrote: »
    Thats kind of my whole point. Especially funny when you say it after you've already made a comment about the rain.

mmm ok so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭A_M101

From the Virgin Suicides when Trip is looking back on his time with Lex.

"She was the still point of the turning world".

But he left her, the pr*ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

A_M101 wrote: »
    From the Virgin Suicides when Trip is looking back on his time with Lex.

"She was the still point of the turning world".

But he left her, the pr*ck.

Yeah, the absolute prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

From "My Name Is Earl" when Randy professes his love for kathalina - "I wanna squash bugs for you and lift you over puddles" pure genius :D

"Woman of the house!, Wheres me tae?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I'm a One Tree Hill sucker.. I love Brooke and Lucas
    Lucas: " Brooke! I'm sorry. What you did with Chris...it's okay."
    Brooke: "It's not. It can't be. It's too much to forgive."
    Lucas: " Well, that's too bad...because I forgive you."
    Brooke: "You can't"
    Lucas: "I just did. So you're gonna just have to deal with it. I'm the guy for you, Brooke Davis. And I know I hurt you last time we were together, but...
    Brooke: "I love you."
    Lucas: "I love you too, Pretty Girl."
    Brooke: I wanted you to fight for me! I wanted you to say there is no one else that you could ever be with and that you would rather be alone than without me. I wanted the Lucas Scott from the beach that night; telling the world that he's the one for me.

Lucas and Brooke fight in the rain:
    Lucas: "The difference? The difference is I love you, Brooke. I want to be with you, not Peyton."

Brooke: "But why? I need to know why."

Lucas: "Because you kink your eyebrow when you're trying to be cute.Because you quote Camus even though I've never actually seen you read. Because you miss your parents, but you'll never admit that. And because I've given exactly two of these embarrassing speeches in my entire life and they've both been with you. And that's got to mean something, right? And because we're both gonna get pneumonia. But if you need to hear why I love you, I can go on all night."

Brooke: "You did pretty good."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

More favorite lines from "When Harry Met Sally" - can really relate to these (the story of my life!)

"
    Harry: The first time we met, we hated each other. Sally: No, you didn't hate me, I hated you. And the second time we met, you didn't even remember me. Harry: I did too, I remembered you. The third time we met, we became friends. Sally: We were friends for a long time. Harry: And then we weren't. Sally: And then we fell in love. ""
    Sally: Three months later, we got married. Harry: It only took three months. Sally: Twelve years and three months. Harry: We had this - we had a really wonderful wedding. Sally: It really was. "

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

maple wrote: »
    I bloody hate that Jerry McGuire movie, you complete me, my hole. :rolleyes:

Anyway my fave line from movie The Notebook, where Noah and Ally are standing on the dock and he tells her that its not over and then he grabs her and kisses the face off her. I like it because its passionate and raw and also because Ryan Gosling is a big dirty ride. :D

I usually hate romantic films, but even I bawled through The Notebook! Although I admit I still found the scene in 'Just Friends' quite funny where they're at the cinema watching The Notebook, and everyone is crying through it, and Ryan Reynolds's character is like "This is SO GAY"

Oh, and I have hated Tom Cruise for years, so Jerry Maguire has never done anything for me. You complete me? *slap*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

There are so many! A few of my favourites....

We'll always have paris. - Casablanca

New lovers are nervous and tender, yet smash everything- for the heart is an organ of fire - The English Patient

If you ever looked at me once with what I know is in you, I would be your slave.-Wuthering Heights

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. - To Have and Have Not

Mistletoe can be deadly when you eat it. But a kiss can be even deadlier when you mean it. - Batman Returns

Dan: You think love is simple. You think the heart is like a diagram.
    Larry: Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist, wrapped in blood! - -Closer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

......If you ever looked at me once with what I know is in you, I would be your slave.-Wuthering Heights

I had forgotten this one. I absolutely love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JennyBee

"I came across time for you,Sarah, I love you , I always have"....

....Terminator! Most romantic line AND hottest love scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Girl: "Whatcha wanna marry me for?"

Guy: "So I can kiss you any time I want"

Sweet Home Alabama...so cheesy, but who cares?
    +1
    Truth is, I gave my heart
    away along time ago,
    my whole heart,
    and I never really got it back.
    Also Sweet Home Alabama
    Sam: I love you Molly. I always have.
    Molly: Ditto.
    [last lines]
    Sam Wheat: It's amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you. See ya.
    Molly: See ya. Bye.
    Ghost

Makes me cry, well almost cry, which is as close as it gets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Also:
    #

Ben: ls this true?
    Andie: Ben, please.
    Ben: ls this true? Or are you just trying
    to sell magazines?
    Andie: l meant every word.
    Ben: Well, where you going?
    Andie: l have an interview.
    Ben: Yeah, in Washington. l know. Where you going?
    Andie: Ben, it's the only place l can go and write what l want to write.
    Ben: No, l'm not buying that. You can write anywhere. l think you're running away.
    Andie: Why don't you save your mind games for your next bet, okay? l am not running away.
    Ben: Bull****.
    Andie: Excuse me?
    Ben: You heard me. Bull****.
    Taxi Driver: Hey, lady, what do ya wanna do?
    Ben: Take the lady's luggage back to her place. She has alternate transportation.
    Andie: You callin' my bluff?
    Ben: You bet l am.
    They walk to bike
    Andie: Oh look, our love fern!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

In the Sex and the City movie, Mr. Big emails Carrie saying,

'I know I screwed it up, but I will love you forever.'

Advertisement