Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your fav rosemantic line from a movie???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Renny

From In A Lonely Place:

"I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Sangre wrote: »
    'was it raining? I hadn't noticed'

I always enjoy saying that to a girl if she points out the rain and its the two of us. I then try and see how long I can stare in her eyes.

Vomit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Damnit you beat me to it! Not only my favourite romantic scene but my favourite scene of all time from any movie. Love it!

First thing I thought of when I saw the title of the thread!
    cson wrote: »
    Titanic isn't romantic, he makes her promise she'll never let go and then when he gets all Mr Freeze on her, she lets go the dirty pirate hooker!

She lied!

LOL too right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Moonstruck.
    Ronny wrote:
    Come upstairs. I don't care why you
    come. No, that's not what I mean.
    Loretta, I love you. Not like they
    told you love is and I didn't know
    this either. But love don't make
    things nice, it ruins everything, it
    breaks your heart, it makes things a
    mess. We're not here to make things
    perfect. Snowflakes are perfect. The
    stars are perfect. Not us. We are
    here to ruin ourselves and break our
    hearts and love the wrong people and
    die! The storybooks are bull****.
    Come upstairs with me, baby! Don't
    try to live your life out to somebody
    else's idea of sweet happiness. Don't
    try to live on milk and cookies when
    what you want is meat! Red meat just
    like me! It's wolves run with wolves
    and nothing else! You're a wolf just
    like me! Come upstairs with me and
    get in my bed! Come on! Come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Vomit!
    Im not trying to woo them I'm trying to freak them out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

"Gimme some sugar baby!"
    Evil dead. Army of darkness.
    Or:
    "This is my boomstick."
    Same movie.
    Not a dry eye in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Pretty Woman - 'What happens after he climbs up and rescues her?' 'She rescues him right back'

I'm such a sucker for that movie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

loulou79 wrote: »
    You complete me:)

OH DEF YES!! i have actually used that line on one of my ex's. can't remember which one though:D

Damnit you beat me to it! Not only my favourite romantic scene but my favourite scene of all time from any movie. Love it!

ya i did love that film but the guy who i thought was my soul mate brought me to see it first and broke my heart a few years later so haven't been able to watch it since. shame:(

rugbug86 wrote: »
    From Notting Hill - I'm just a girl, standing in front of a guy, asking him to love her.

oh yes. i haven't seen that film in years. must watch it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

From Frankie and Johnny

Johnny trying to get a song played on the radio

Now, there's a man and a woman. He's a cook. She's a waitress. Now, they meet and they don't connect. Only, she noticed him. He could feel it. And he noticed her. And they both knew it was going to happen. They made love, and for maybe one whole night, they forgot the 10 million things that make people think, I don't love this person, I don't like this person, I don't know this- Instead, it was perfect, and they were perfect. And that's all there was to know about. Only now, she's beginning to forget all that, and pretty soon he's going to forget it too.

mollybird wrote: »
    ya i did love that film but the guy who i thought was my soul mate brought me to see it first and broke my heart a few years later so haven't been able to watch it since. shame:(

Watch it over and over and over again until you don't associate it with him anymore. It works! That's too good a movie to let a smelly boy ruin it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Watch it over and over and over again until you don't associate it with him anymore. It works! That's too good a movie to let a smelly boy ruin it for you.

Or watch it with a non smelly boy and i'm sure watching it with him will wipe away any bad memories.:cool:

Or watch it with a non smelly boy and i'm sure watching it with him will wipe away any bad memories.:cool:

Definitely, associate it with someone new;) How very dare he ruin that film for you!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

From When Harry Met Sally _ sort of sums up my love life "i came here tonight because when you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody< you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

I bloody hate that Jerry McGuire movie, you complete me, my hole. :rolleyes:

Anyway my fave line from movie The Notebook, where Noah and Ally are standing on the dock and he tells her that its not over and then he grabs her and kisses the face off her. I like it because its passionate and raw and also because Ryan Gosling is a big dirty ride. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

"All these years, all these memories, there was you. You pull me through time."

For anyone who hasn't seen The Fountain, i really suggest you watch it. A stunning film and an amazing story of the cost of love.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Hhmmm, never heard of this Notebook movie, must check it out.

I've never cried at any movie except King Kong. Animal cruelty is so upsetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Molly30

rugbug86 wrote: »
    From Notting Hill - I'm just a girl, standing in front of a guy, asking him to love her.

+1....my favourite line ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dragan wrote: »
    "All these years, all these memories, there was you. You pull me through time."

For anyone who hasn't seen The Fountain, i really suggest you watch it. A stunning film and an amazing story of the cost of love.

That is one bizarre film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Can you use a paraphrased poem? In Four weddings and a funeral, when the guy quotes Auden at his boyfriend's funeral:

He was my North, my South, my East, my West. My working week and my Sunday rest. My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song, I thought love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now, put out every one. Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun. Pour out the ocean and sweep up the wood, For nothing now can ever come to any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

I love that poem....so sorrowful but so beautiful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

loulou79 wrote: »
    You complete me:)

That makes me feel ill.
    From Top Gun
    Kelly mc Gillis toTom Cruise
    Take me to bed or lose me forever!!!!!!!!!!

I quite like that one.
    Renny wrote: »
    From In A Lonely Place:

"I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me."

Good, but maybe a little too intense.
    CathyMoran wrote: »
    From When Harry Met Sally _ sort of sums up my love life "i came here tonight because when you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody< you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"

This is the winner for me.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I have many...

City Of Angels - I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.

The Notebook - I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul and to me, this has always been enough.

Meet Joe Black - Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever..
    and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you.

Muc Ado about Nothing - I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest.

Runaway Bride - I guarantee there’ll be tough times; I guarantee that at some point, one, or both of us is gonna wanna get out of this thing; But I also guarantee, that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life... because I know in my heart, that you’re the only one for me."

I'm a hopeless romantic!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

kraggy wrote: »
    As Good as it Gets (Jack Nicholson to Helen Hunt)

"You make me want to be a better man"

This one works for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

"Spread those thighs honey,this frikken bell needs ringin'

John Hardwood in "Bored in Boston"

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones Diary:

I don't think you're an idiot at all. I mean, there are elements of the ridiculous about you. Your mother's pretty interesting. And you really are an appallingly bad public speaker. And, um, you tend to let whatever's in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences... But the thing is, um, what I'm trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

It's not a line from a film, but you know that film Say Anything with John Cusack, where he's standing outside the girls room with the boom box??

I love that scene, it's so sweet. I want it to happen to me some day......haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

stovelid wrote:
    Can you use a paraphrased poem? In Four weddings and a funeral, when the guy quotes Auden at his boyfriend's funeral:

He was my North, my South, my East, my West. My working week and my Sunday rest. My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song, I thought love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now, put out every one. Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun. Pour out the ocean and sweep up the wood, For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Definitely by far one of the sweetest and saddest moments in a movie. Its a wonderfully acted scene by Hannah as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

"You complete me"

or "you had me at hello"

+1

Advertisement