Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you liked cooked liver?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Liver cooked with onions

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Chicken, duck, veal and lamb - yay!
    Pork and beef - nay!
    Horse - neigh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Rolled liver stuffed with oinion stuffing and wrapped in smoked streaky bacon and cooked in the oven. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Love it. With fried onions, mash and a bit of gravy. Mmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

The smell of it alone is enough to make me gag. Tastes awful and salty to boot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Rolled liver stuffed with oinion stuffing and wrapped in smoked streaky bacon and cooked in the oven. Yum.

I will be trying this very soon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

mmmmmmmmm liver mmmmmmmm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

One of the few things that predators leave alone after gutting their prey is the liver. malignant dumping ground for all the shíte in the body. Ugh horrible.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

There was that show years ago called 'Doug' on Nicklelodeon, And an episode were hes trying to get the courage to eat liver and onions to impress that bird down the road 'Patti'.

That turned me off it...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    There was that show years ago called 'Doug' on Nicklelodeon, And an episode were hes trying to get the courage to eat liver and onions to impress that bird down the road 'Patti'.

That turned me off it...

Never mind liver, she would have been really impressed if he ate pork chop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

javaboy wrote: »
    Never mind liver, she would have been really impressed if he ate pork chop.

Wasnt that the dog? :D

There was a lad in my primary school that looked like Doug Funnie, we used to hum the theme whenever he walked past.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Wasnt that the dog? :D

Yep. :D

Why was everybody in that cartoon all sorts of funny colours? There were purple and green people along with your more conventional peaches+browns. Mad stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Liver & onions is very tasty but I havent had it in ages.
    Tastey lamb's liver, coated in flour and spices and gently fried with onions and mushroom..../drool

You're making me bloody hungry now Thaedydal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've never really had time to enjoy the liver, I have to eat my kill quickly before the other scavengers find me. Never had it cooked, sure I only have paws how could I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I haven't had it in years but I like it. Different strokes for different folks I'm guessing.

Btw I had a dog called Porkchop, named after the one in the show! Very, very angry dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, I don't remember if I've ever had it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

A treat for the Lamb Liver Lovers.

http://www.glashaushotel.ie/osten-bar.aspx
    New Hotel behind the square in Tallaght. Go down and Click on the A La Carte Menu.

Seared Lambs Liver, Goat's cheese Mash, Buttered Greens & Pink Peppercorn Jus. @ 14.95

It was lovely! The Pink Peppercorn sauce is a nice tasty dark gravy type sauce. They do a mean sausage and mash too :) But not as nice as the glorious Sausage and Mash that The Bank pub on collage green do. It has yet to be surpassed in terms of Mash (with bits of bacon in it), The best gravy in Dublin all combined with Super tasty Sausages.

I am now starving :(

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

Just something I came acroos over the last few days. Liver seems to be like marmite!

you either like it or hate it! I ate some recently and it does have a unique texture but I think it is lovely!

So do you hate it or love it?
    Try it BBQed, in a skewer. Make sure it's not too dry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Love it, especially fois gras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

javaboy wrote: »
    Yep. :D

Why was everybody in that cartoon all sorts of funny colours? There were purple and green people along with your more conventional peaches+browns. Mad stuff altogether.

It was the birth of political correctness.

I like liver, but I can see why so many people find it disgusting. It has a very distinctive taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I love it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭and2

used to get liver and bacon in a golfclub restaurant, delish..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭Archeron

I love liver. Although, I bought a kilo of it about two weeks ago, and I completely forgot about it. Sadly, in that time, the plastic bag it was in burst, and all of the blood (which is now really gone off) leaked out and filled one of those plastic sliding containers in the bottom of the fridge.

I opened it and it was about 2 inches deep in blood, and there were actually sausages floating around in it like little boats! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hate the stuff, kidneys too (taste like piss)...I eat duck liver paté the odd time, but there's enough garlic in it to drown out the taste of the liver, plus it hasn't got that grainy texture. Heart is about the only internal organ I'll eat (knowingly)...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I love liver. Only have it about 1 - 2 times a month though.

Oh and I also LOVE marmite!

Hmmm.

/ Runs off to make a marmite and liver sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Wibbs wrote: »
    One of the few things that predators leave alone after gutting their prey is the liver. malignant dumping ground for all the shíte in the body. Ugh horrible.
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

There's three main types of liver sold in butchers shops, lamb, cows (beef) and pork liver. I only eat fresh pork liver that's been recently killed because that's what I like (my local butcher kills his own farm pigs) . The fresher it is the nicer it is. Stuffed sheep's hearts are something we'll all have to get a likeing for if this recession kicks in, and shin beef and oxtails yeuck!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Wibbs wrote: »
    One of the few things that predators leave alone after gutting their prey is the liver.

I'm no expert but I don't think that's true at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah I seem to remember a documentary on discovery channel about this nutter who lived as part a wolf pack for a while and the liver of a kill was considered the prime bit of meat for the alpha. Him being the alpha of course having previously cooked the liver, wrapped it in plastic and stuffed it back in the carcass of the animal before dragging it back to the pack :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Just something I came acroos over the last few days. Liver seems to be like marmite!

you either like it or hate it! I ate some recently and it does have a unique texture but I think it is lovely!

So do you hate it or love it?
    ever have BBQ liver YUM

Advertisement