Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you liked cooked liver?

Options
  • 05-10-2008 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Just something I came acroos over the last few days. Liver seems to be like marmite!

you either like it or hate it! I ate some recently and it does have a unique texture but I think it is lovely!

So do you hate it or love it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Like most people, I've never really thought about it too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

Only if Its yo're ma's

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tried it once or twice in small doses. It has a very strong taste. Like leg of lamb, but with a stronger after-taste. Sheep's heart is where it's at these days :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i like liver with fava beans and a nice chiante

• Subscribers Posts: 16,567 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

not really, but more than raw liver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I ate duck liver (as in a scantly cooked slice of it) in China by accident, wasnt pleasant :(

My grannies seem to eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i like liver with fava beans and a nice chiante

I suggest you eat the brain of a spelling teacher next.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,567 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Fad wrote: »
    I ate duck liver (as in a scantly cooked slice of it) in China by accident, wasnt pleasant :(

i'm picturing a scantily clothed chinese chef cooking duck liver. certainly not pleasant

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

*gulps, then backs away*

(I'm training to be a teacher, for anyone who didn't know)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

copacetic wrote: »
    i'm picturing a scantily clothed chinese chef cooking duck liver. certainly not pleasant

Yeah i probably could have phrased that so it wouldnt invoke such imagery, however whats dont is done and i ll be damned if im gonna edit it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭suspectdevice

marmite, liver, kidneys....all the same, either love them or hate them. i like them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

marmite, liver, kidneys....all the same, either love them or hate them. i like them

I like you. Well your user name :D

I have my reasons :(

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭suspectdevice

I like you. Well your user name :D

I have my reasons :(

i'm being stalked in a cooked liver thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I ate Lamb's Liver it was definitely a strong taste, I didn't really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Liver looks like a big floppy wet slug when raw. Cooking does nothing to improve its appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

As a child I loved it. I didn't really think about what it was though. I haven't had it in about 15 years though I'd say. The thought of it is quite gross now...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've never tried it. I might have a nice big plate of it with some onions once my solid gold house and rocket car arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I hated it as a child and then Mom stopped buying it.

I do drink Cod Liver Oil as a supplement and I'm indifferent to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Hell yeah!

Foie Gras FTW!!!

Nyom Nyom!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's absolutely vile. Hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tastey lamb's liver, coated in flour and spices and gently fried with onions and mushroom..../drool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Liver and onions with brown sauce and champ. Now that is a dinner. I love all those unusual things like lamb's liver and sheep's heart etc. Nice n tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Definitely wouldn't say I like it but have eaten it in the past just 'cos I know its good for me....wouldn't order it off a menu mind. Still its a bit better than heart....chewy. Like steak & kidney pie though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I love how you specified cooked liver! Otherwise, we couldn't be sure if the people replying "yes" liked their liver cooked or raw. And I for one would not be able to sleep without knowing that essential detail. So many people do eat raw liver, after all.

Anyway I hate liver (cooked or raw) , but my Dad loves it (cooked). Always orders it (cooked) in restaurants if it's on the menu. (That's COOKED liver now, not raw liver. Just to be clear on that.)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I like it.

Apparently on the continent it's traditional to induct a new hunter by feeding him a slice of raw venison liver from his first deer while it's still warm. Meant to be quite delicious actually.

Roast venison heart is also meant to be exceptionally tasty, but I haven't tasted it yet myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

liver (cooked) was one of the things I hated most as a kid.. used to chew it a bit, then leggit into the toilet to spit it out..

havent tried it for years.. not much chance its gonna happen..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Tannylan wrote: »
    Only if Its yo're ma's

It's not funny anyomre ye ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Liver, rashers of bacon and mash in a red wine gravy, beaudy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

fried liver and onions......... bootiful...
    my mum cooked it to perfection. crispy and gorg......:)
    and tomato ketchup i may add......:eek:

Advertisement