Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Annoying Father Ted Character?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Mrs Doyle: There's always time for a nice cup of tea. Sure, didn't the Lord himself pause for a nice cup of tea before giving himself up for the world.
    Father Ted: No, he didn't, Mrs Doyle!
    Mrs Doyle: Well, whatever the equivalent they had for tea in those days, cake or something. And speaking of cake, I have cake!
    Father Ted: No, thanks, Mrs Doyle.
    Mrs Doyle: Are you sure, Father? There's cocaine in it!
    Father Ted: WHAT?
    Mrs Doyle: Oh, no, not cocaine. God, what am I on about. No, what d'you call them. Raisins.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 betsyboo

I went through phases with each character, when it first started I adored Mrs Doyle, then I found her a tad repetitive and annoying so I moved onto Dougle....who I still love!He is the one character who's jokes/sayings I can still remember. Father Jack never really amused me, father Ted went through phases of good and bad times too. I loves his banter with Dougle, it was a very father/son relationship I felt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The Don wrote: »
    She did have some great lines:

Mrs Doyle: "I'm so excited. Taking on three bishops all at once. I can't wait."

0:31 - 1:27 Classic Mrs. Doyle scene! :D

And of course, the "cocaine-raisins" quote Stark mentioned.

After Ted, Mrs. Doyle was my favourite character! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Fr Jack was a crap character. Can't see how he contributed to the show at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Jeapy wrote: »
    Fr Jack was a crap character. Can't see how he contributed to the show at all.

"More water"

• Advertisement
Advertisement