Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis Walsh girlband revealed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

As it turns out, they've been "Persuaded" to give up the name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Judging by their assets (their voices included ;)), I'd imagine they are going to be very successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 yvonne1979

Nothing like a bit of nepotism. Wifey in the band.
    All too familiar in Ireland. Cast the net a bit wider..... you never know what you might find.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Have they changed the name to Blunderland yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3130794/X-Factors-Louis-Walsh-to-launch-TV-show-with-girlband-Wonderland.html
    X FACTOR judge Louis Walsh is planning his own TV music reality show.
    He will team up with Westlife pal Kian Egan to launch a new girlband called Wonderland.

The two-part series will follow the five girls - who include Kian's wife and ex-Hollyoaks star Jodi Albert, 27 - as they try to crack the charts.

And Louis, 58 - the man behind Boyzone, Westlife and now JLS - confidently predicted: "Wonderland will definitely be the biggest girlband in the world come the end of next year.

"These girls really have something special." Compared to TV juggernaut X Factor, Louis Walsh & Kian Egan's Next Big Thing will be a telly minnow screened on ITV2.

But Wonderland won't be Louis's first act to have an ITV2 reality show - X Factor twins John and Edward Grimes already have one called Jedward: Let Loose.

Just like Boyzone and Westlife, all five Wonderland members are from Dublin.

More than 3,000 hopefuls attended the first audition there - with Sharon Condon, Corrina Durran, Leigh Learmont and Kasey Smith finally being picked to join Kian's missus in the line-up.

Silver-haired Louis added: "It's great that the girls have an ITV2 show already."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Jesus...what Ireland needs, another failed "pop" group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

wonderland me hole, CS lewis would be turning in his grave. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

The Ad for the show has arrived:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B48sn-s_bsE

also, new pics from their photo shoot are up on the website:
    http://www.wonderlandofficial.com/

I have to say i was shown the photo-shoot picture shortly after it was taken and was convinced it wasn't them... they look very differant now after all the polishing up celeb style :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I still think Wonderland is a comical name for all the wrong reasons. Sounds like a band that has come straight out of the 90's camp pop scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The tv show starts tonight on TV3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzj2OYgbzno

The ladies debut song & video is here.

Wonderland's debut single and video -Not A Love Song

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Strange, I didnt realise they were aiming at the US Country music market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Do not like the song or the video, both extremely bland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The nepotism remarks towards Jodi Albert always make me laugh. The guy has a chance to be involved in creating a new band. He has a very attractive wife who can sing to a decent level. Why wouldn't he put her in the band? Would anybody do any different in the same situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

barrackali wrote: »
    I'd imagine they are going to be very successful.

Imagine away..it will never happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wonderland's debut single and video -Not A Love Song

I love the song and they look great.Good luck to them :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Lots of Nadine and Cheryl clones in there....TONS of slap, utter tosh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Lots of Nadine and Cheryl clones in there....TONS of slap, utter tosh!
    I can't remember the last time I saw a girlband not wearing a load of make-up so your point is irrelevant unless cave-women started girlbands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

The nepotism remarks towards Jodi Albert always make me laugh. The guy has a chance to be involved in creating a new band. He has a very attractive wife who can sing to a decent level. Why wouldn't he put her in the band? Would anybody do any different in the same situation.

I'm sorry but Jodi Albert looks like the other band members sad old auntie clinging on to her youth.

And she also looks like she has had some plastic surgery or other. A nose job? And/Or botox?

I'm sorry but Jodi Albert looks like the other band members sad old auntie clinging on to her youth.

And she also looks like she has had some plastic surgery or other. A nose job? And/Or botox?

She is a good looking woman, if this is a sad old aunt I need to meet more sad old aunts.

101648068.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F59797CC82134B45A5BD2834F8CFF2A68CA9BFA9832584C1F6F06BF04B24B4128C

No she cant or also cant act

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No she cant or also cant act

I didn't say she was Mariah Carey. She can sing to good enough of a level for a girl band. Once you have 1 or 2 strong singers, the rest are just harmony. Her acting is OK for her level. She is not going to play Desdemona or Lady Macbeth anytime soon, but she is as good as most English TV actresses.

I thought she was funny enough in Respectable. Although I am easily swayed by a good looking brunette :pac:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0862615/

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a307768/wonderland-wont-alienate-female-fans.html

Jodi Albert has said that Wonderland will not "alienate" female fans by doing revealing photo shoots.

The singer - who is married to their manager, Westlife singer Kian Egan - told the Daily Star that the 'Not A Love Song' group want fans to see them as "their mates".

"Our aim is very much to make songs about women for women," Albert said. "We want girls to see us as their mates and be the kind of girls they could get drunk with or have a girly night in with.

"We love getting dressed up, like we have done on today's shoot, but we're not into really showing off acres of skin. The last thing we'd want to do is alienate female fans."

She quipped: "Before we had our hair and make-up done today, we looked more like Aerosmith - we were all in our baggy jeans and rock T-shirts."

Meanwhile, her bandmate Sharon Condon added: "As women it's in our nature to be sensitive. If any of us are sad or down, we'll give each other a chocolate bar and a cuddle. I'm on hand with the vitamins if ever any of the girls get colds or run down too. We really love each other."

The group's Introduction To Wonderland EP is out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It will crash and burn. I tells ye it will crash and burn.:pac::D

You'd still roide the lot of them, though!

I'd imagine the girls are devastated after giving so much to their project.
    Perhaps another label will take them and make them a much more current act.

http://www.herald.ie/news/louis-defiant-as-wonderland-dumped-by-their-record-label-2872149.html
    Louis defiant as Wonderland dumped by their record label

walsh_pic_959743t.jpg

By Melanie Finn

Friday September 09 2011

Girlband Wonderland have been sensationally dropped by their record label.
    However, co-manager Louis Walsh (below) has said they should feel "very proud" for trying their best to make the group a success. Speaking from his holiday home in Miami, he confirmed the news to the Herald -- and said the girls shouldn't feel too devastated about what happened.
    "They had some great songs, they could all sing and they worked really hard. They tried to do something different and it's just a shame it didn't work out. But people haven't heard the last of them," he said of the Irish group.
    News that Mercury Records had decided to drop them after just one album was greeted with shock by their fans, who inundated them with messages of support.
    Members Kasey Smith, Leigh Learmont, Sharon Condon, Corrina Durran and Jodi Albert were put together after a series of nationwide auditions held by Louis and Westlife's Kian Egan.
    However, there was huge speculation about the future of the band after former Hollyoaks babe Jodi got pregnant with her first baby in July.
    She always insisted that her impending motherhood wouldn't get in the way of the band's future -- and performed on stage with her band-mates last month.
    They have been busy promoting their self-titled debut album and performed a string of dates over the summer.
    Lucky
    She said in interviews how she had been "really lucky" with her pregnancy and that she hadn't experienced much nausea at all. She and Kian are expecting their first baby on January 1, 2012.
    The happy couple met while she was touring with her previous group, Girl Thing. They married in a spectacular ceremony on Turtle Beach in the Caribbean in May 2009, after five years together.
    Last night Wonderland was still listed on Mercury Records website, but on their own site, it stated how they had no forthcoming gigs.
    They were formed in July 2008 and were unveiled on the Late Late Show shortly before they nabbed a record deal. Their co-managers spent years making sure they were polished performers before they released their debut single Not a Love Song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'd imagine the girls are devastated after giving so much to their project.
    Perhaps another label will take them and make them a much more current act.

http://www.herald.ie/news/louis-defiant-as-wonderland-dumped-by-their-record-label-2872149.html

Sad news, hopefully they will still be touring this album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I doubt Louis will continue with something which is not finding a fan base. He's no good at girlbands.

Anyway isn't Jodi pregnant?

Advertisement