Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis Walsh girlband revealed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Is this the band from X Factor who got voted out, who were called "girlband" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Nope...
    Group of girls in a "band" who still haven't named themselves -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Aileen1983

Jodi, the girl who is going out with Kian from Westlife is in the band - such a coincidence!!!! I doubt the selection process was very fair at all

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Just watched it there, in the groups sections someone is painfully out of tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

I doubt they'll ever break into the music section of boards. They shall linger here in the celebrity section for a couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

^ exactly

I though they were fairly ****. Nobody's going to buy that single. They need a good poppy, dancey song. And the Jodi one got sing loads on her own even though she definitely isn't the best in the group, I wonder why :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

^ exactly

I though they were fairly ****. Nobody's going to buy that single. They need a good poppy, dancey song. And the Jodi one got sing loads on her own even though she definitely isn't the best in the group, I wonder why :rolleyes:

I don't think they'll be releasing that song they sang on The Late Late Show. I think it was like what Walsh did with Boyzone. It was just to showcase them, make them known to the public and create a little hype about them. I'd say the song was chosen to show their vocal abilities. That's all.

Girls Aloud fired Walsh coz they thought he was doing a bad job. We shall see how he manages these girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sysbase

That's hilarious they will probably do well. I'd guess with a name like Louis Walsh behind them001_cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Any chance we could get the plonker to look up the definition of the word "band" before unleashing the next lot of ****e to insult our ears ????

Bands play instruments; vocal groups can (usually) sing.......

Louis' Losers can do neither.

Support REAL Irish talent, not manufactured "celeb" rubbish.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Ginny wrote: »
    Just watched it there, in the groups sections someone is painfully out of tune.

Jodie Albert

• Advertisement

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/article2190300.ece
    The fivesome have not been named yet - but rumours are rife they are to be called BREASTLIFE

Still no name

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

JP Liz wrote: »

No name
    No talent
    No songs
    No releases
    No tours
    No money
    No future

:cool:
    Just gives the rest of us something to blow outta the water
    :cool:

oh yeah.... the day of us broke-folk is a comin....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Dear God, this band is like a party political broadcast on behalf of Walsh/Egan. I'll give em two top thirties and then back to the day jobs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Aidric wrote: »
    Dear God, this band is like a party political broadcast on behalf of Walsh/Egan. I'll give em two top thirties and then back to the day jobs.

Just like legendary load o shiite SIX!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_(band)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I'd love Ronan Collins to have a pop at them like he did about 6. It was the best 15 minutes of radio I've ever heard hearing Louis Walsh flip the lid and come across as the bitter little poxbottle that he is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He'd never do us a favour and do it again, god knows we could do with a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hannah-j

ugh i wish he'd just stop trying to make nobody's into celebs

just lik the last post

"5 strippers trying to make it onto tv" i mean the irish have enuf 2 worry about other that our rep ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 songbomb

word on the grapevine is that the girls are signed up and ready to rock.......interesting to see what comes out now......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mememe!

Theyre were on the cafe on rte this week and compared to the late late performance do we think they are much improved?? Couple of months practice and methinks these girls may be talented afterall...

Heres a link...skip forward to about 3.20

http://www.rte.ie/tv/ttv/thecafe/thecafe_av.html?2516086,null,243

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

I don't mean to be nasty about them, I'm sure they're nice girls but they just don't look like they have what it takes at all....look at Girls Aloud and The Saturdays - they have it all, they're the perfect girl bands. I don't think this new band has the looks or appeal that those two bands have.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jaino

I wonder where Leanne Moore went?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 percyblue

The music business seems so much harder to break these days. like even 5 years ago, everyone knew what was number 1 in the charts. Today?????
    Wish them well, but I think the market is saturated with boy/girl bands

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

Urgh Jodi Albert wrecks my head she has no class ! She is WAY too old to be wearing a belly top and she always wore wildy inappropriate mini dresses to the Westlife weddings. I know a guy who was at the christening of Nicky's kids and Jodi turned up in a tarty OTT red outfit they were all mortified !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 slyhands

All you people are a jealous bunch of sour bitches,

These girls are ****ing deadly and have clearly more talent than any of them other **** girlbands like the saturdays or girls aloud. Jealousy is a horrible thing,
    just coz these girls are goin for it and can sing and are Irish!!

****ing twats the lot of ye are!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So what are the girls up to these days? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

slyhands wrote: »

These girls are ****ing deadly and have clearly more talent than any of them other **** girlbands like the saturdays or girls aloud. Jealousy is a horrible thing,

Which one is your sister?

Not really... I wish anyone luck trying to get into the music industry. Not an easy task really... Whatever about Girls Aloud (1 good vocalist out of 5) they dont match the talent of the Saturdays.
    And they shouldn't put themselves up for that. They should be trying to be differant, whoever picked both songs they have performed on TV thus far should be shot - both songs they were given to sing were just lifeless crappy songs that Mariah would be hard pressed to make interesting..(with all her high notes and dolphin speak)
    They need to be very careful how they go forward - Bubble G just launched (new group) and as i sat in for those auditions there i seen the 3 irish girls who are in the group.. They can really sing, they can dance and they are fabulous....
    Louis group now have mega competition, but not from the Saturdays....

Also, Louis hasn't a good track record with managing girls.. . But i do wish them luck - Hopefully they get the attention and help they will need to be a success :)

• Advertisement

Not all are Irish and not all can sing *coughs* Jodie Albert - she is only in the band because of hubby Kian

Advertisement