Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis Walsh girlband revealed

Options
  • 02-10-2008 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Louis Walsh has made the final decision on the line-up of his new one million Euro girlband. As predicted his co-manager Kian Egan got his girlfriend Jodi Albert into the group. The final five are Kasey Smith, Corrina Duran, Sharon Condon, Jodi Albert and Leanne Moore. Sadly, original member Michele McGrath got the elbow...

Louis Walsh and Kian Egan have finalised their fab five females set to take-on Girls Aloud and the Pussycat Dolls in the Pop charts. With their youngest member 18 year old Kasey Smith and their oldest member 25 year old Jodi Albert from England, the line-up is now rubber stamped and in the bag. At least we think it is...

Controversially, Westlife’s Kian Egan was hardly going to axe his own long term girlfriend from the band. But in fairness to Jodi Albert she is a very talented vocalist. Jodi's original co-star in the band, Michele McGrath, got the chop after getting to the last eight, narrowly missing the final draft. Ah, poor Shelly-belly.

Another band member of the yet unnamed group is 22 year old Corrina Durran from Clondalkin in Dublin. We don't know much else about Corrina at this stage other than she gave one of the strongest auditions in The POD back in July.

23 year old Leanne Moore from Limerick is another one of Louis' luscious ladies. Some of you might recognise Leanne as the winner of You're A Star 2008, she also had an Irish No. 1 single in Ireland in June with the song On Wings.[/FONT]

The last member of the line-up is 23 year old Sharon Condon from Dublin. Sharon is another singer which caught Louis Walsh's eye in the You're A Star competition...

So that's your final five folks. Jodi Albert, Kasey Smith, Corrina Durran, Sharon Condon and Leanne Moore... But somehow, we don't think we've heard the last of Michele McGrath and her connection with this band. If we know Louis Walsh, there's always a surprising final twist to keep the press on their toes. So, we’ll wait until their Late Late Show unveiling in 3 weeks time before we completely write her off.

So there ya go!

oh well, he'll be ragin when he sees im not in it :)

www.myspace.com/oraclegurl
    shameless plug
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

You need to attach the images to your post. Also, would recommend you preview posts before you submit them.;)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

koth wrote: »
    You need to attach the images to your post. Also, would recommend you preview posts before you submit them.;)

blah. live dangerously i say!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I am so surprised that his girlfriend got in :eek:

Not.

Oh and look. Half of them are from You're a Star. Surprise.

woops...

Leanne Moore aint in it, [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Leigh Learmont is the final one :)
    [/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

[FONT]I'm Delighted.[/SIZE

• Advertisement

togster wrote: »
    [FONT]I'm Delighted.[/SIZE

Haha amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

woops...

Leanne Moore aint in it, [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Leigh Learmont is the final one :) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Phew. And here I was thinking Walsk embarassingly put two You're A Star contestants into his group. :pOne's enough.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Are Sharon Condon and Leanne Moore both from Your A Star?

Why is god awful Jodie Albert in the band she cant sing

JP Liz wrote: »
    Are Sharon Condon and Leanne Moore both from Your A Star?

Why is god awful Jodie Albert in the band she cant sing

Yep Leanne Moore won it, and Condon was the one the judges bigged up as the winner until she got eliminated.:pac::D

000146d90cdr.jpg

YAS06LeanneMoore2.JPG

C55610~Jodi-Albert-Posters.jpg

• Advertisement

louiswalshbandlineup.jpg
    Update 8.30pm 30th September: Leanne Moore confirmed as NOT in the line up.
    Update 8.40pm 29th September : Quite possibly the Mirror (and therefore this post) has jumped the gun and this lineup may have put Leanne Moore in, when it should be Leigh Learmont. Will update again when more information to hand.
    Lous Walsh’s new €1 million girl band lineup was revealed in the Mirror today.
    Are these the new Girl’s Aloud? From left to right they are:
    Sharon Condon: Finalist in the RTE talent search competition, You’re A Star. She was hotly tipped to win the competition outright but was beaten by fellow band member Leanne Moore. 23 year old Sharon lives in Co. Kildare but is originally from Dublin.

Corinna Duran: 22 year old Corrina is being dubbed as the “Nadine” of the band - with striking good looks and a powerful voice.
    Jodi Albert: Jodi, at 25, is the oldest member of the band and is well known for her role in Hollyoaks. She is currently engaged to Kian Egan, one of the Westlife boys.
    Kasey Smith: 18 year old Casey is the youngest member of the group and has done some fashion modelling. She is from Dublin.

The band’s first single will be released before the end of the year. No name for the band yet

It will crash and burn. I tells ye it will crash and burn.:pac::D

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It will crash and burn. I tells ye it will crash and burn.:pac::D

Here's hoping. It's an embarassment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Great,thats just what the world needs, another five strippers posing as singers on MTV.

These ladies make their big Debut tonight on The Late Late Show with Pat Kenny...

I hope it goes well for them - i'm going to endure Pat to get a look & listen :D
    Best wishes women!

Apperantly they are performing
    "When the Stars Go Blue"- (a cover) and it will be their first single.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Louis Walsh butchering another good song! Iontach!!

The original is by Ryan Adams and it's a wonderful song.

Louis Walsh should be shot though.

No wonder Louis put no effort into his X Factor female band contestants

Jodie Albert cant sing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A million euro girlband?Big deal.
    He's either incredibly stingy or he doesnt think they're going to go anywhere.You dont launch a completely raw band for that amount of money.

Lord,

I'd luv someone to invest 1 million squid in my career!
    Great oppertunity for them really... lucky people, just hope the music they are given is decent stuff...

Any link to their Late Late appearance?

Have the band been named?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

thay are all for uglay

They are generally attractive, but Louis (typically) made a mistake by giving these girls a ballad as their first single. If they want to rival Girls Aloud they should make an impact with an infectious sound for the first single, much like Sounds of the Underground..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

What's the name of them LZ? I take it the first single isn't any good then?

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    They are generally attractive, but Louis (typically) made a mistake by giving these girls a ballad as their first single. If they want to rival Girls Aloud they should make an impact with an infectious sound for the first single, much like Sounds of the Underground..

I'd agree with that, saw them on the late late and just thought how boring the song was.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

There's no name so far, I think. I thought they were terrible. They can't sing together and have fairly bland voices when singing on their own. They can sing, bu no better than anyone else. And four of them are practically identical. Whoever did their wardrobe for the Late Late Show should of had them looking a little more individual.

As pointed out above, starting out with a ballad was a terrible choice, and with such a bland song, the bland singing just made them out to be even more bland. So if I had to describe them in a word, I'd use bland! :D

Average in every way.
    Another average and safe as hell group. So unfair...:(

I seen their Late Late appearance last night on the repeat show and i must admit Jodie has the worst voice of the lot of them. The Ryan Adams song (which i love and they butchered) did them no favours i dont think Girls Aloud or the PCD will be losing sleep over BREASTLIFE (name suggested by Late Late audience)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

It's up on the RTE site now...

http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/

takola wrote: »
    What's the name of them LZ? I take it the first single isn't any good then?

There's no name as yet. It's not a bad song, it's okay. And that's the problem, it's just okay. As koth said, it was an indifferent performance. They needed to make a big splash to signify their arrival and that won't be achieved through this song.

There's still time though, there wasn't anything said that suggested this will be their first official release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I thought they were good. Was never really a fan of Sharon Condon though.

Advertisement