Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche to Nissan : you're a bloody liar

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,023 ✭✭✭✭unkel

whiterebel wrote: »
    OR...hand you both cars, and I"LL test Sabine.....:D

You got your priorities all wrong, mate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,183 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

And now they say they have gone faster again!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/gt-r-ring-2009-04-17
    The Nissan/Porsche Nurburgring war isn't going to end amicably, is it? Last year, Nissan reported that the GT-R had lapped the 'Ring in a scant 7m29s - a full three seconds quicker than a Porsche GT2. Porsche was sceptical. It bought a GT-R, shipped it to the 'Ring and posted a time of 7m54s.

Nissan retaliated, emphatically stating that the GT-R was a stock production car, releasing photos of the tyres and posting a video of the 'Ring lap as evidence. It even offered free training to the Porsche test drivers. That probably didn't help matters.

And now the 2009 GT-R has just lapped the 'Ring in 7m27.56s in the hands of chief test driver Toshio Suzuki, a full second and a half quicker than before. The slightly updated Godzilla has an extra 5bhp, V-Spec tyres, a revised dual-clutch transmission and retuned suspension. All stock, Nissan is keen to point out - all options that GT-R customers can spec on their cars.

Ominously, Nissan reckons the GT-R can go even quicker: although the 'Ring tarmac was dry, Suzuki reported it was slippery and strewn with dust and sand. Nissan is promising another shot at the 'Ring record tomorrow if the track conditions improve.

So what is Porsche thinking? It's rumoured that the new GT2 is set to debut at the Frankfurt show this autumn... how long before it hits the 'Ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

Judging by all the comments on the internet, in the press etc and here Nissan really have generated a massive amount of free publicity for their products from Micra's up. Well done Nissan.

Personally I think Porsche would get the better of the Nissan if lap times were carried out at the same time/conditions provided the track was dry. Beating the Germans on home turf is a major undertaking and this should never be taken for granted.

I'm no massive fan of 911's due to the loction of the engine even if they look great but I'd buy the 911 before GTR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

eoin wrote: »
    Is it really that much of an offence to not use stock tires?

Your jokeing right. Tyres make one hell of a difference.

Advertisement