Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Berget-Events] Berget 7: Three Kings (2009) - Bookings and info ONLY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

ASI Casper wrote: »
    Carriage 2, Seat 9. A lot pricer this time, was nearly tempted to go for the 2nd class seats.

I wonder if swedish rail know about Berget and tried to "do a ryanair" with the return fares :p

But yeah, near double the original price I paid for the return vs outbound trip. The rest of the train must have sold out fast or some such

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

OzCam wrote: »
    Booked my return train ticket, from Sundsvall to Stockholm. 14:11 CEST Sunday 23rd June, carriage 2, seat 12, about 53 euro.

Not quite as cheap as the outbound, but still very reasonable.

Swedish Railways

The 23rd June is a tuesday. I assume you mean the 28th?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gerrowadat wrote: »
    The 23rd June is a tuesday. I assume you mean the 28th?

Yes be wwary of that. For some reason the dates on te calender went funny last night. If you do a mouseover on it, the correct day and date appear,

e.g. "tuesday: 28th" gave a correct mouseover popup of "sunday: 28th"

You want the 28th June

Carriage 2, Seat 10. All on me tobler.

JUST THE WAY I LIKES IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Yes, thank you, I meant the 28th. At least I got the Sunday right.

I blame the website calendar (the day names didn't line up properly on the first screen).

Check your date when booking the return - the 28th.

Actually, while I think of it, it's probably a good idea to print out your confirmation email in case the SMS to your phone doesn't work for any reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

Was very interested in going, today is the last day of booking so I must be quick, can anyone answer these quickfire questions.

1: is there a large Irish group going.
    2: is everyone on NATO, can you choose to be on NATO, if no optionto pick NATO is on the menu does it mean that it's
    full.
    Any help much appreciated.

3: do we choose all the options? Ie ticket food train in/out or are ppl just picking ticket/food and working the flight(Sas) and trains separate??
    4: ballpark figure for everything(ticket/flight/train/accom/etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You can grab tickets for NATO on the berget forums under the marketplace section. Plenty on offer.

There is roughly 30 people going I think, maybe a few more.

NATO tickets are sold out and have been for some time. You will have to go through the Berget Forum and in the marketplace section to grab one.

I'm taking Masadas ticket so I dont know what options he had on it, but once you have the original ticket, you can contact berget and edit the ticket for food and transport etc. That is something which has still yet to be explained to me.

Everything for me excluding my flight case and return train ticket, is setting me back bout 550-600 euro

Boyz on tour 09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Return Booked. Same price as the outward journey. Carriage 2, seat 4, Window, Lounge.

I think the Lockers that Kris is talking about will be handy. Even if it costs 40 or 50 quid, it will save you dragging non essential gear with you i.e Shaving kit and the civvy end of things.

Shaving is overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Departure Arrival Mode of transport:
    14:11 Sundsvall C 17:30 Stockholm C SJ, X 2000, 579
    Daniel O'Connor: Carriage 2, seat 3, Window, Lounge

Looks like I was thrown beside Tommy :)

Thats me sorted, now just to get that ticket outa richie

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Departure Arrival Mode of transport:
    14:11 Sundsvall C 17:30 Stockholm C SJ, X 2000, 579
    Daniel O'Connor: Carriage 2, seat 3, Window, Lounge

Looks like I was thrown beside Tommy :)

Thats me sorted, now just to get that ticket outa richie

You shudda gone to specsavers. You are across the aisle from me.:D

Actually, while I think of it, did anyone elses notification for their booking arrive in their inbox in Swedish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Carriage 2, seat 12 on the way
    Carriage 2, seat 15 on the way back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

For those of you that use the berget forums. The NATO team forum is open. Follow directions there to get access.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Finally got around to booking my train ticket today.

23rd June Stockholm->Sundsvall, 12.30 - Carriage 2 Seat 43
    28th June Sundsvall->Stockholm, 14.11 - Carriage 2 Seat 43 again

1036 SEK in total (about 95euro)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

just looking at the travel times for the trains on sunday 7 1/2 hours. think i will leave coming back until the monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

jinko wrote: »
    just looking at the travel times for the trains on sunday 7 1/2 hours. think i will leave coming back until the monday.

there are no more 1st class tickets (there weren't when I booked last thursday), so I booked a second class ticket on the same train as the others. Try looking under second class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

carraige 2 which is first class is probably full of airsofters

Skatedude wrote: »
    carraige 2 which is first class is probably full of comfy chairsofters

Fixed that for you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Guys, just 2 things some of you may not yet have considered.

Travel Insurance.
    And not just normal travel insurance which will cover lost bags and cancelled flights and the like, but airsoft specific travel insurance. Most normal travel insurance almost certainly will not cover you to be playing airsoft.

-In a worst case scenario where you get sued for causing an injury to someone during the game, your normal insurance will not cover that.
    -If you break a leg up a mountain whilst playing airsoft, need mountain rescue called out and need airlifted out of the area or special medical transport back to Ireland, again, normal travel insurance isn't going to cover you as you were playing airsoft. And the cost of the likes of that will be in the 10s of thousands.
    -If your guncase goes 'missing' whether at the game, at the hotel or at the airport; normal travel insurance is not going to cover you for the loss of your guns & gear.

I think you begin to see the point.

There's a previous thread here about SportsCoverDirect, which is the insurance company I'll be using.
    You can of course use some other insurance company. I'm only using SportsCoverDirect because I've used them before ( Berget 5 ) and because they were the only company I could find ( at the time anyway, not sure about now ) that specifically covered airsoft without having to ask or phone or explain anything. Was able to do it all online with zero hassle. Plus their prices seemed fairly reasonable.

VentureGuard is their cover that combines Airsoft specific cover with normal travel insurance to cover the standard things such as flight cancellation, delays, lost baggage, etc

They also have an 'activity top-up' for those that already have travel insurance but just need the additional cover of actually playing airsoft.

Any of you that don't already have one, it would be prudent to get a European Health Insurance Card.
    http://www.ehic.ie/faqs.htm

It's free. One of the few tangible benefits of being an EU citizen. So nobody should be without one of these!
    Bear in mind, this is not a replacement for either normal travel insurance or airsoft specific travel insurance. This only gets you emergency medical treatment. It doesn't cover the likes of search & rescue or medical transport back to Ireland and so forth. And obviously it won't cover the likes of lost baggage or cancelled / missed flights!

As ScumLord said in the linked post, "this is highly Un-Rambo". But it is highly sensible and advised to be covered for the worst case scenario. :)

Don't forget the in-game items you will need to bring with you!
    Some of you will already know about these from attending last year or from reading up on things. But here they are for everyones benefit just in case.

Armbands - I think everyone already knows about these by now. According to BE these must be 11 cm (4.3 inch) wide and have your individual player number visible in black. The Armband-ID is not your ticket number. Its a number between 1 - 2000 which will be issued by BE soon. For NATO, the armband colour is blue.
    A couple of spare ones per squad without numbers on them might be a good idea as this is something that is commonly lost. Player IDs can be put onto spare armbands with a marker.

Medic armbands - A medic must have a extra armband which is white with a red cross. Again, it must be 11cm (4.3 inch) wide. 1 medic per section.

Medic bandages - A medic may carry no more than 10 bandages, but may resupply at the HQ or Respawn. So obviously make sure you bring plenty of these. An old white bedsheet or a couple of pillowcases are good for this. Just make sure the strips are long enough to tie around peoples arms easily.

Wounded / Death rag -
    In large fire fights when you are shot, there can be several hundred people involved in the firefight. That means that when you are shot and laying on the ground other opponents that arrives to scene shoots you again without knowing you are hit. This is avoided by raising and waving with a "wounded-flag". All players must be able to produce their wounded-flag. Bring several wounded flags since these are often lost. You will be warned if you fail to show your wounded-flag while being shot ingame.

NOTE! You must bring your own wounded-flag to Berget and it must be orange. Make sure the size is atleast 30x20 cm. You must pull it out of your pocket/vest when waiting for a medic.
    Plenty of these available for next to nothing on ebay. Don't forget a few spares per squad, as this will likely be the item most commonly lost ingame!

• Advertisement

As mentioned before, the official NATO blue colour is Pantone 280.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Is anyone going for this that hasn't gotten it already?
    I'd say they have a good group discount if anyone is interested. After what Casper said, I certainly am!

For anyone not yet aware, the new game area has been announced on the Berget forums. They're using the same area as last year, but with a bit extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

k, mc donalds is in hiking distance again,so we wont starve

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

When I booked my train ticket, I got a message in Swedish, and am yet to recieve a confirmation email.

Did this happen to anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

i got an email, you might want to check up on that.

When I booked my train ticket, I got a message in Swedish, and am yet to recieve a confirmation email.

Did this happen to anybody else?

translate.google.com is very handy for those pesky messages :)

I recall getting a popup too, but the email arrived a minute or two later from "sj.resor@sj.se" so check your Junk folder.

If you have the booking reference you can probably get back into the SJ site, call the booking up on screen and print it.

you should have an email with your 8 character reservation code. IIRC this should also have been displayed on the website.

OzCam wrote: »
    translate.google.com is very handy for those pesky messages :)

I recall getting a popup too, but the email arrived a minute or two later from "sj.resor@sj.se" so check your Junk folder.

If you have the booking reference you can probably get back into the SJ site, call the booking up on screen and print it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Nope, nothing.

Must have typed my email address incorrectly.

Sugar.

• Advertisement

Nope, nothing.

Must have typed my email address incorrectly.

Sugar.

Have you been charged?

Advertisement