Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Berget-Events] Berget 7: Three Kings (2009) - Bookings and info ONLY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

What's the sire you book them from?

As described in post #1, you want Swedish Rail (sj). There's a link up the top right for the english version of the site

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Will be sorting my flights and train stuff today.

Big thanks to lemming for helping me out with everything, do not know how these trips would happen without him.

And im defo not re-bailing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Booked on board also ,
    Carriage 2 seat 8 Aisle. - hope you dont have to p**s too often ozcam !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

First Rule of Hydration: if you don't need to pee, you're not drinking enough.

It's a train, there's room, we'll manage. Besides, there's a reason I always get window seats... :)

OzCam wrote: »
    First Rule of Hydration: if you don't need to pee, you're not drinking enough.

It's a train, there's room, we'll manage. Besides, there's a reason I always get window seats... :)

I know why I'd want a window seat in sweden,

Wear the hand of myself to gorgous blondes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Is it Sundsvall C and Stockholm C that I am going for? I want to be doubly sure of getting there. My ticket price is 490 sek.

Ticket Booked. Carriage 2 Seat 4 Window.

Train

12:30 Stockholm C 15:52 Sundsvall C SJ, X 2000, 572
    Daniel O'Connor: Carriage 2, seat 40, Window, Lounge

didnt see an option to book a specific seat

Cost me 40 euro for ticket

Accomodation sorted by lemming and will be paid to him ASAP

Plane ticket

Sun 21 Jun 2009
    13:15 - Dublin
    16:50 - Stockholm Arlanda Apt
    Fare rules: ECONOMY

Mon 29 Jun 2009
    09:50 - Stockholm Arlanda Apt
    11:40 - Dublin
    Fare rules: ECONOMY

€232.30

NOTE

After my booking I noticed a 10% discount for purchasing sporting equipment fare online. So I booked in under "sporting weapons" for total of €36. This completely covers my AEG equipment. My baggage will allow me 20kg, then my sporting equipment as seperate weight. Plus I can have my mags etc in my suitcase, and not worry bout it being stopped, as they informed me my bag get sspecially tagged.

So now I just need a ticket :)

Sweden here I come :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

kjsaw wrote: »

Cheers for that kjsaw. So we're nowhere near Harnosand this time really! Is this the fabled "island" used in previous years?

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    Cheers for that kjsaw. So we're nowhere near Harnosand this time really! Is this the fabled "island" used in previous years?

No. it will be better then the "fabled island" The island did not give us a contiguous game area. This place does. It is an ex army training ground (not sure what infrastructure it had, or what is left).

It is 30ish minutes from Harnosand and Sundsvall.

In the immortal words of somebody who somewhere once said it; "sweeeeeeeet"

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

flights booked, at last. yay for six nations gambling!
    on the same flights as doc.

presuming everyone will be bringing comms...
    i see some shortwave organised stockholm piss-ups in our future!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

k all booked

flights
    sun 21 jun
    dep 13:15
    arr 16:50

mon 29 jun
    dep 09:50
    arr 11:40

train carraige 2 both ways
    23 jun
    dep 12:30
    arr 15:52

28 jun
    dep 14:11
    arr 17:30

K, same flights as some others

the game area is a fair distance away from last years, wonder if we can get mcdonalds to deliver if we order 300 bigmacs

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Well there's a chopper this year, so we can just call in a McMedevac

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Right, might as well point out.

Me, Conkey and Devilsbreath are renting a car for the Event, to and from Stockholm airport. We reckon with a we can fit three in and all our gear(from experience here) and for the week it comes to the same price as the trains, lifts etc.

Considering the roads in Sweden are a pleasure to drive that time of year and gps will stop us getting lost. And the distance the event is from any habitat will make it handy for food.

Plus there is no way I'm lugging around my own body weight again. My arms still hurt from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

Good hearty exercise! Lugging all the gear around..

Oh wait? I'm in the car. Thank God!
    I have nightmares still of the train station in Stockholm and people pushing me/the gear onto the train!! Unpleasant for all..

i'm planning on getting a locker in stockholm train station and stashing absolutely everything i dont need.

i'm planning on getting a locker in stockholm train station and stashing absolutely everything i dont need.

They do have good sized lockers there. I am not sure if you can rent them for more then 24 hours at a time. I will check on my way home tonight (I am working directly above central station right now)

• Advertisement

If they don't allow that, can we see what the situation would be with leaving non essential kit at the hotel maybe. Just a thought.

presuming everyone will be bringing comms...
    i see some shortwave organised stockholm piss-ups in our future!

PMR446 is legal for Sweden, and will be used for squad/section level comms. Maximum output 0.5W. Radios for command and control at levels above will be provided by Berget-Events.

More info here.

(FRS/GMRS is not legal in Sweden)

OzCam wrote: »
    PMR446 is legal for Sweden, and will be used for squad/section level comms. Maximum output 0.5W. Radios for command and control at levels above will be provided by Berget-Events.

More info here.

(FRS/GMRS is not legal in Sweden)

LPD is also legal. Both PMR and LPD will be very crowded, if you have CTCSS capabilities, think about progamming your radios to use it, I would think you are better off thinking about hand signals and using those lungs you have!

kjsaw wrote: »
    LPD is also legal. Both PMR and LPD will be very crowded, if you have CTCSS capabilities, think about progamming your radios to use it, I would think you are better off thinking about hand signals and using those lungs you have!
    well i was thinking more for saving on phone bills while were in stockholm :)

but good to know.

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    If they don't allow that, can we see what the situation would be with leaving non essential kit at the hotel maybe. Just a thought.

Checked today. The lockers allow for more then 24 hours of storage. You purchase storage in 24 hour blocks. After you have purchased the initial block and locked the locker, you re-insert the key (without twisting it to open the locker) and then can prepay more 24 hour periods.

There are 3 locker sizes, 50/70/90 SEK per 24 hours.

cheers chief, that should work very nicely.

Booked my return train ticket, from Sundsvall to Stockholm. 14:11 CEST Sunday 23rd June, carriage 2, seat 12, about 53 euro.

Not quite as cheap as the outbound, but still very reasonable.

Swedish Railways

Carriage 2, seat 7

Lemming wrote: »
    Carriage 2, seat 7

nuts, sitting beside lemming again:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Carriage 2, Seat 9. A lot pricer this time, was nearly tempted to go for the 2nd class seats.

Advertisement