Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes 3x03 "One of Us, One of Them" **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Enjoyed the first three episodes so far. The chick that plays Daphne is cute. With her and more Maya, Season 3 certainly has a fuller cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

For a show that prided itself on being so smart in the first series, this is starting to open more plot holes than anything else
    Claire's real mom burned out all the oxygen in the container, and Claire nearly passed out, yet Claire's mom was fine?
    I know what you mean but i don't think a lot of these plot holes are intrinsic to the storyline.

Claire's mother is able to create fire out of thin air, that's a big enough plot hole in itself. But carrying on with that theme, she may have some level of control over gasses, movement of any particle can create heat which allows her to create fire, and she would therefore be able to position Oxygen around herself so she can breathe :confused: just a guess
    FuturePeter saved CurrentPeter in the bank, but left Noah to face the 3 powerful villains, and Sylar?
    Also, FuturePeter was willing to kill CurrentNathan, his own brother, to stop him from revealing the existence of people with powers, but he'll leave a bank filled with witnesses to watch Pyro, Magneto and Banshee do their thing?
    I was a bit puzzled by this one too, I think he thought nathan was the source, + hes future peter as we know people change. as for the bank scene, I'm assuming hes more interested in fixing the time-line.
    As stated, Noah said that Claire "didn't want to know" what they guy CurrentPeter was possessing could do. Turns out it's Banshee's ability to yell really loudly?
    I don't think that's what he meant by what he is capable of, i think Noah meant as a criminal what he's capable of.
    If Pyro could be stopped with one bullet, why didn't Noah kill him the first time he was captured? Or all the time he was in Level 5?
    Sylar is a known mass-murderer, but his mommy loves him enough to send him out in the field with one of their top men, with no training?
    Two real plot holes there. not too worried about the pyro plot, but i hope they fill in the sylar/angela story.
    Noah's already captured Sylar once, surely that means he already has some idea of his weakness?
    But now Sylar is near enough invincible
    Holsten wrote: »
    Very meh... deffo doesn't have the same draw as the first and second seasons.
    I would agree with the first season alright, but the second season? :confused: the second season was terrible and rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

just as a point, Has the Hiatian ever been around claire when she has been hurt/injured? Would his abality effect the abalitys of those who can regenerate?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

User45701 wrote: »
    Hmm... Going back to last weeks episode for a second, parkman is not that bad. I remember seing someone bothered by him talking to the turtle then relived when it was a person. Since parkman can read minds why cant his power devolep into talking to animals like "hey monkey throw some **** at that guy" or "hey tiger rip his throut out"

Ah no way then he'd be like that lame kid from Captain Planet. Remember how the other four's rings could control the elements and that poor bastard was stuck talking to monkeys and stuff.

I think the main problem for me with Parkman is that whenever he tries to be serious he just comes across looking like a clown. When he found himself stranded in the desert and just started screaming I couldn't help but laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Claire's scenes are really beginning to annoy me (before, they only annoyed me. but now they make me really annoyed). there's nothing special about them, just the usual moody teenage angst crap.

thank f*ck their was no Mohindar.

future Peter still makes no sense. why does he not know from his own memory where present Peter went?

Sylar has a 'hunger'... that also annoys me. he was far more interesting as just a plain old bad guy. i'm afraid they may end up turning him into a good guy on the back of this. :mad: still the pairing with Noah will be interesting.

Hiro and Anto's scenes aren't h hardly worth commenting on... their behaviour is just far too predictable now. they remind me of Laurel and Hardy, in how scripted their 'gags' are, except less funny. the blond one seems a half decent addition though.

I'm softening to Parkman though. Yer man who acts him is sh*te, he has only two expressions (confused and angrily confused), but his storyline is the most interesting i thought, and partly because his scenes are being propped up by the African who i find an interesting enough character. I think (or rather hope as it always seems in the case with this show) they are building up something big from this.

the Tracy-Micah scene was weird to say the least.

overall another 'meh'. it's the fast pace that keeps me gripped, but yet again i've come away not feeling satisfied. in terms of story developments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i wish the writer know that we are on earth...haytian came back to the company in a few minutes??

the same old future comic again?!oh comon tim kring....

and the oxygen,yes,her mum can manipulate oxygen molecules too.claire learnt nothing from all these events,grow up!lots of things in the episode are confusing,going to a direction that they just dont want us to guess what's going next.super strength guy called the police,sylar like a baby listen to mum,partman,nathan reading a bible,nicki has a twin :pac:hiro's stupidity lose the formula....

the pace is quick but the story is not neatly illustrated.the script looks like a big rush!lets hope what happens in the end is good.

is it just me to think that most of the actors in Heroes are actually acting quite bad?their facial expression are just very plain.i hope they realise it is season 3 now,stop acting like a newbie.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    is it just me to think that most of the actors in Heroes are actually acting quite bad?their facial expression are just very plain.i hope they realise it is season 3 now,stop acting like a newbie.

definitely. the writers attempts to add an extra dimension to certain characters are looking very feeble due to some awful acting ability. it's shocking at times, you'd see more emotions at a primary school play.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    And the ice powers sylar used was probably just done to make him look badass instead of the writers having any forethought into how the show will end up.
    Sylar had that power when he killed his supposed mother and when subsequently he broke the kensei sword. Sylar got the power from a truck driver in a comic available on the nbc website placed sometime before the series starts: molly walkers father is frozen to death if you recall.
    Claire's mother is able to create fire out of thin air, that's a big enough plot hole in itself.
    Didnt they explain this one in Fantastic Four? Im sure whatever explaination they used there fits here.

As for killing level 5 detainees its become obvious the company isnt a genocide machine. Their MO seems to be finding, cataloguing and understanding these people. They were probably being detained until such a time as they might become useful, like sylar seems to be to ma petrelli.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

why does he not know from his own memory where present Peter went?

Because none of this happened to him. When he shot nathan the whole timeline changed and changed what happened to Peter. It's a bit of a bítch to wrap your head around this time travel stuff.

Because none of this happened to him. When he shot nathan the whole timeline changed and changed what happened to Peter. It's a bit of a bítch to wrap your head around this time travel stuff.
    wait wait...what? So there was a Future Peter A that shot Nathan and planned on shooting him again in the church and a Future Peter B that pulls an Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Pardon me, sir, but when did that happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Claire's real mom burned out all the oxygen in the container, and Claire nearly passed out, yet Claire's mom was fine?
    That bit had me thinking wtf.

Hiro and Ando continue to drag this show down in Mohiners absence.

yeah, i know that's apparently the stance their taking but it still makes no sense, time paradox and all. if the future isn't going to happen future Peter shouldn't exist. it's either that or you go down the route of having infinite alternate realities, which is even more of a headwrecker and something they've blatantly avoided doing previously with Hiro's time travel. when they had Hiro going back in time it suggested a linear time line... now they are suggesting parallel timelines... they are making a meal of the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I dont think its that much of a hole. We know her mother is someone who uses her power at almost every turn so presumably she'd be sort of used to or at least experienced at being in very hot low-oxygen environments. Claire on the other hand wouldnt so that could explain why she'd pass out and her mother wouldnt. Think of people who live at a very high altitude, they're used to the low-oxygen but if you dropped one of us up there we'd be screwed and would probably pass out if trying to walk 10 feet.

As for Nicki/Tracy I didn’t see the clone/twin/whatever thing coming at all – I was sure she was just another personality. I wonder does this also mean we’ve seen the last of Micah? Its not like he’d be running around with the other heros without his parents and I don’t see them needing to rig any more elections since Nathans already been sworn in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

JohnK wrote: »
    I wonder does this also mean we’ve seen the last of Micah? Its not like he’d be running around with the other heros without his parents and I don’t see them needing to rig any more elections since Nathans already been sworn in.

Well he was billed as "guest star" whereas he used to be a series regular so I'd imgaine we won't see too much more of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

well spotted tvnutz!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I enjoyed this episode a lot purely because it threw the show’s two strongest characters together: Sylar and Noah.

However, as for the writing on Heroes, I can only assume that it is being done by a bunch of manatees picking idea balls. My three year old nephew could probably do a better job of it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

What really annoyed me about that scene is that as soon as the fire went out claire was fine and was able to just stand up and walk out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

basquille wrote: »
    The flesh / skin on his back being shed in last week's episode seemed like more than a nod to 'The Fly'...

+1 ...

Even before that the way he was acting crawing up the walls, just in his trousers ... it was so Jeff Goldblum in the Fly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭coillcam

I dunno I'm not feeling the whole Claire thing lately. Daphne and Maya are in fair shape though:D I have to say Ali Larter - Nikki/Tracy looks a lot healthier these days. I remember looking at some of season 1+2 and she seemed fairly gaunt/ghostly to me.

The episode had plenty of holes for sure but in fairness I have come to expect that in every film or TV show these days. Not as good as the previous 2 imo but entertaining nonetheless. Raging I stumbled across the Sylar/Noah spoiler elsewhere that really ruined the episode for me. I feel they should have done a lot more with that angle though. The Level 5 goons pissed me off no end. I really expected a lot more there. I always enjoyed (Jesse) Francis Capra's Weevil in Veronica Mars. Was looking forward to him getting screen time along with the German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Sylar has a 'hunger'... that also annoys me. he was far more interesting as just a plain old bad guy. i'm afraid they may end up turning him into a good guy on the back of this. :mad: still the pairing with Noah will be interesting.

Hmm, Ive said a few times season the end of season 1 that i think syler is actually good and really when you think about it good/bad is a point of view.

i mean without going WAAAy off topic things like abortions show show people can be confused over good/evil
    just as a point, Has the Hiatian ever been around claire when she has been hurt/injured? Would his abality effect the abalitys of those who can regenerate?

Sorry to quote myself but i really dont remember - does anyone?

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    What really annoyed me about that scene is that as soon as the fire went out claire was fine and was able to just stand up and walk out

ummm.... i think your missing something there.

lol

Hmm, Ive said a few times season the end of season 1 that i think syler is actually good and really when you think about it good/bad is a point of view.

Next weeks Trailer - I dont think theres anything spoilerific in it tbh:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

lol sylar... err hope they dont ruin his character

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wtf is up with Sylar in that promo? And Clair shoots future Peter in the chest, which does **** all. Aaaand, surely she realises that waiting before shooting any peter if a bad idea....what with him being able to stop (or really slow down) time.

Still, loving it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

matrim wrote: »

It's probably mostly because she being a little bitch and panicking. Once the panic was over she was fine. Surely you've seen a teenage girl having a "panic attack" at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Sylar partnering up with Mr. Muggles in the kitchen is the only thing that could be better than him and Noah.

TBH at the moment, I don't really care how bad the writing in the episodes is getting because I'm enjoying it an awful lot. I can completely overlook the plot holes at this stage because I still find it very entertaining. Even still, I found it a little ridiculous that noah forgave Sylar that easy.

RE the Clare's mom oxygen debacle, considering that Fire draws all the oxygen around it and Clare's mom is more or less made of fire is it not possible that she drew in the fire as well. After all, even if theirs relatively little oxygen, a fire will still be grand until it's gone and she probably doesn't sweat at all considering her power

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

oh i guess that what her name? Tracy? wont live very long. Syler had her power in season 1's episode "5 years on"

If I remember correctly, when Molly's parents were killed in one of the first episodes, wasn't her dad sitting at the table, FROZEN as well as missing the top of his brain?

Also, when Sylar visited his mother, he turned water from the tap into snow flakes to make the room resemble a snow globe.

All suggesting Sylar has the ice/freezing power already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Is there any spoilers around? So I can read and decide what'll be worth watching without having to sit through the rest of the crap?
    A bit below average...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Noah's already captured Sylar once, surely that means he already has some idea of his weakness?
    That was by using the girl who could make people do whatever she said was it not => telling Sylar not to hurt her and to come with her?
    J-blk wrote: »
    And what was that with Parkman? The African guy's walkman imbues future painting powers?
    Yeah, that was a bit WTF???
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Well he is from the future, so who knows how many extra powers he's got, he's giving David Blaine a run for his money that's for sure.
    Which of course raises the Q:
    From the first series (he absorbed Ted and Parkman's by simply being near them) we saw that Peter doesn't require a person to use their power around him to absorb it, he simply has to be near them and then at some point figure out how it works, whether by accident or intent.
    As such doesn't this mean that he should have the powers of the body he was stashed in now, since when his future self freed him he was in the bank and behind his former host body, and more importantly he should have all the powers his future self had collected too?
    If he has does this not create a problem since simply by virtue of encountering himself in the past future Peter may have made massive changes to the future by unintentionally giving his present self a major power boost, or can he not absorb powers from himself?
    Overheal wrote: »
    Sylar had that power when he killed his supposed mother and when subsequently he broke the kensei sword. Sylar got the power from a truck driver in a comic available on the nbc website placed sometime before the series starts: molly walkers father is frozen to death if you recall.
    Which also brings up the fact that he must have at some point absorbed a speedster since he could move in Hiro's "frozen time".
    5starpool wrote: »
    And why was Nikki's body in a coffin in a house with no one in it apart from her young son? And why wasn't she decomposed even a bit?
    Or better yet; burned, she died in a burning building FFS!?!?

And the obvious Q on the whole Hiro/Ando story is WTF doesn't Hiro just go back in time and stop himself from opening the safe?:confused: Or better yet put piano wire across the door to his office while present him opens the safe, that'd solve the speedster issue sharpish.:D

• Advertisement

its against hiro's character entirely to do something like put piano wire across his door, he's not that big into killing and even when he has to he has that ingrained sense of honor about him. As for time travel he's too afraid to go back in time anymore. After all, everytime he or his future selves has done it its either made things worse or made things no better than they already were.
    Which also brings up the fact that he must have at some point absorbed a speedster since he could move in Hiro's "frozen time".

We long discussed that when it happened. Sylar didn't move in frozen time, more when Hiro began his swing with the sword he lost his concentration and the normal flow of time resumed then and there. Like I said, it went against Hiro's character to kill Sylar in frozen time and he had a hard enough time fighting himself over the desicion while trying to keep a hold on space-time. The thread is still there somewhere if you feel like digging it up, but that was the general consensus to a point.

Advertisement