Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes 3x03 "One of Us, One of Them" **SPOILERS**

Options
  • 30-09-2008 4:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭

Poll up. Im tired and I liked it. Sylar was good here.

The one thing I didn't like
    Dude's banshee power? A let down. HRG was like omz you dont want to know it is so unthinkable omg he could pwn some noobz and then it turns out to be loud noises? I was hoping for some serious mad power like, stuff.

By the way how exactly does Peter end up in dude's body anyway? That one confused me.

What did you think of 3x03 76 votes

The Hunger...I can't stop it. I just need more Heroes!
    0% 0 votes
    Claire got sweaty: Thats all I needed.
    23% 18 votes
    Pikachu?
    50% 38 votes
    This popcorn is stale!
    14% 11 votes
    Punch a hole in me: I'm done.
    11% 9 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

For a show that prided itself on being so smart in the first series, this is starting to open more plot holes than anything else
    Claire's real mom burned out all the oxygen in the container, and Claire nearly passed out, yet Claire's mom was fine?
    FuturePeter saved CurrentPeter in the bank, but left Noah to face the 3 powerful villains, and Sylar?
    Also, FuturePeter was willing to kill CurrentNathan, his own brother, to stop him from revealing the existence of people with powers, but he'll leave a bank filled with witnesses to watch Pyro, Magneto and Banshee do their thing?
    As stated, Noah said that Claire "didn't want to know" what they guy CurrentPeter was possessing could do. Turns out it's Banshee's ability to yell really loudly?
    If Pyro could be stopped with one bullet, why didn't Noah kill him the first time he was captured? Or all the time he was in Level 5?
    Sylar is a known mass-murderer, but his mommy loves him enough to send him out in the field with one of their top men, with no training?
    Noah's already captured Sylar once, surely that means he already has some idea of his weakness?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah the Banshee thing was really meh, I thought he would shoot bullets out of his arse or something cool like that.
    Overheal wrote: »
    By the way how exactly does Peter end up in dude's body anyway? That one confused me.

Future Peter put him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Something else occured to me, if Angela Petrelli can see (or at least dream) the future, surely she knows that at some point, Sylar kills Nathan. And she still trusts him enough to give him a job at the Company??

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

She gets premonitions/dreams. Its probably about as clear as any of the painters we have seen (possibly more refined given her age)

When FuturePeter froze time there, it felt like one of those scenes in Half Life where the gman shows up for a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

One thing that struck me while watching the episode is Claires head is huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sylar and HRG as partners - good stuff.
    Sweaty Claire - a 10 on the wrister scale - awesome.
    The whole Tracey/Niki/Jessica/Gina storyline - dunno what's going on, but I like it.
    No Mohinder or Maya this episode - just the way I like it.
    Hiro & Ando storyline is a bit ridiculous - all other characters maturing, but these guys are more childish than ever.
    Peter - still Emo - Eugh!
    Matt - who cares?
    Nathan - give him a storyline for the love of God. He's the most background main charachter I've ever seen.
    Angela Petrelli - creepy.
    No Elle - was hoping herself, Claire and Tracey could all be sweaty together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

A quick pause in last week's episode instantly revealed what the guy's power was, so I wasn't expecting anything more than his vocal forcewave thing!

Surprised how quickly the whole thing was wrapped up with the four escapees actually. I thought it would be a longer arc during the series.

Entertaining as usual, though with a few plotholes as mentioned above that annoy me rather than really spoil the fun. Still too early to see where it's all going, but it sheould be a decent season if nothing remarkable.

And for what it's worth, I think Angela Petrelli is lying to Sylar to use him for her own ends.

Best part of the whole thing definitely Sylar/Noah together.

Oh, and, potentially interesting new plot thread with Tracy and Dr. Zimmerman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Very meh... deffo doesn't have the same draw as the first and second seasons.

Lack of powers... it's a show about superpowers... show some!

Sylar teaming up with Noah.. while cool, is stupid... like why didnt he just kill Noah, kill the ma, nick her powers, kill the rest of the dudes.. etc.. he has a 'hunger' for powers doesn't he?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I'm still holding out that Noah has some amazing power. It just doesnt make sense that he does things by chance.Sylar I enjoyed in this episode. I think the new polt with him and Noah is going to work wonders. I'm actually back enjoying it again , but with heroes that can all change with next weeks episode. Oh by the way , what a pain it was to watch the episode with a 5 second voice lag :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Was pretty average IMO. Biggest letdown like most here have said was the "OMG you don't wanna know" super-villain's power. I also wondered about Claire's mom - ok, her power makes her immune to flames but why would that also give her the ability to survive without oxygen?

And what was that with Parkman? The African guy's walkman imbues future painting powers?

Why did Angela give Sylar a "snack" in the first place, letting him butcher that girl in his cell, than lock him back up for killing one of the baddies?

The main problem with this show is that it keeps building things up ("save the world!", "OMG terrible powers", etc) and the conclusion of each such story line is a massive letdown...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The prospect of Sylar and Noah working together could have been fantastic.... who'd have thought it'd be so dull?!

Also is Peter so in adoration of himself that every time he walks past a mirror or window he needs to look at his reflection, and the need to see the fact he's actually in "Weevil from Veronica Mars's" body? We got it the first time.. we don't need to see it 3 times in the course of an episode. Twice in 30 seconds alone.

Another week.. another meh!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

basquille wrote: »
    Also is Peter so in adoration of himself that every time he walks past a mirror or window he needs to look at his reflection, and the need to see the fact he's actually in "Weevil from Veronica Mars's" body?
    I took that as a reminder for the thick element of the audience, in case they didn't get it. Which is why they showed us Peter all the time instead of being braver and let Weevil be on screen the full time.

I enjoyed the first two, but not this. I really hope Sylar wasn't given up for adoption - it's far too much like a soap opera, especially since it seems Nikki had an unknown twin (sheesh). With Nathan being Claire's father as well, we should maybe just move the action to Summer Bay and put them up against Alf Stewart...

So then: What year is Matt stuck in? Anyone want to guess? I'm thinking the 1980s/early '90s, going by the walkman. His comment on Britney Spears was just some flash of the future, a red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just watched it now and I must say I've enjoyed the start to the season. Very action-packed.

The only major gripe I have is Parkman as he's such a geek.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

In keeping with the X-Men references, it looks like Tracy Strauss is Madelyne Pryor. They'll have to bring Stan Lee back for another cameo to make up for all the shameless borrowing. I'll bet Dr. Zimmerman learned his trade in the concentration camps too.

Claire's container scene left me hot, sweaty, panting and blind in one eye. More of this please.

I like the way it's going this season - it's fast-paced and the plot is getting enjoyably daft. I grew up reading Marvel comics and they made me the man I am today rotted my mind beyond repair, so it's pleasingly familiar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The only major gripe I have is Parkman as he's such a geek.

Yeah I'm not a fan of him either tbh, lame ass power as well.

Sarge wrote: »
    I'm still holding out that Noah has some amazing power. It just doesnt make sense that he does things by chance.
    Doesn't he have telekenisis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

No Mohinder, does that mean next weeks episode is all gonna be about him?? He is basically spiderman now (without the jizz from his wrist), am i right?

He is basically spiderman now (without the jizz from his wrist), am i right?
    The flesh / skin on his back being shed in last week's episode seemed like more than a nod to 'The Fly'...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Don't people listen? We were told last week what Jesse's power was,the banshee type power,why was anyone expecting something bigger?

Fairly meh episode indeed,Sylar and Noah could have been much better,but Sylar is still a great character.

I never liked Nikki and her split personality etc,but I am liking Tracy Strauss,seems like they were all some kind of clones or something,infused with powers.

5/10

parkman's just in the present in Africa ixoy. You know how long it takes stuff like movies and episodes of heores to reach europe? yeah. imagine how africa feels.

judging from past golden rules in Heroes, it was truthful when Ma Petrelli told Sylar she was his mother. She's an enigmatic old woman, but she's not a liar. Even if she is: as Sylar says, arent you just curious to see how it will all play out?

Theres nothing that would lead me to believe Noah has a power. Its simply a weakness on the part of the producers to contrast the Heroes cast against enough regular people that would prop them up and make them seem extraordinary. about 9/10 of the characters on this show have powers. All in all though the very thing that makes Noah such a great character is that hes not a hero. to give him a power would be cheap, and would definitely wash the strength of the character.

In general? I still hold this show to its very opening words: This Doesnt Happen Overnight. And like we've learned with some other good television series, Heroes will slam into its prime in its 4th or 5th volume, during which time we will finally see some truly epic x-men ****. This will be right around the time it gets cancelled for low ratings and its box sets end up in a bargain bin next to Firefly and Stargate Atlantis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

basquille wrote: »
    The flesh / skin on his back being shed in last week's episode seemed like more than a nod to 'The Fly'...

to me it seemed more like a direct copy of the fly rather than a nod, it was almost scene for scene when he was hanging upside down, climbing on the walls and when he was examining his back in the mirror. getting back to this week, when tracey turned up at the doctors house at the end, before he let her in he called her by another name, seems theres another clone or whatever they are floating around some where. thought it was a pretty good ep minus the plot holes mentioned.

when future peter put present peter into the body of jesse is that an extention of dl's powers or another power altoghter.

it must be another power altogether. else, I can fully explain how thrusting the physical body of someone "into" someone else is supposed to work - on so many levels.

Well he is from the future, so who knows how many extra powers he's got, he's giving David Blaine a run for his money that's for sure.

Overheal wrote: »
    I can fully explain how thrusting the physical body of someone "into" someone else is supposed to work
    Can I hear a "Giggidy!"? :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Have to say I enjoyed the episode, sure there were plot holes big enough to drive a truck through them but it was enjoyable all the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I Liked, d'ya think that the power MaPetrelli gave Sylay somehow compliments his other power so as to enable a power similar to Peters but by touch instead of automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Noah's already captured Sylar once, surely that means he already has some idea of his weakness?
    Just kill him when your old partner the haitian is around you dumb ass Noah. Why did the company start putting two people in the same cell (Hiro and Ando)? One has no powers and the other will just teleport away when the haitian is gone anyway. How the hell did the haitian take them back to the US so quickly? What about origanising transfer? Passports? Why did Sylar only kill one of the people in the bank? Why is he talking all these powers he never uses? Why did that african dude paint like he's drawing comics? Arrgh. The writers are trying too hard to make Hiro and Ando funny and the rest of the show seem cool. Only thing they learned from season 2 is to pick up the pace. God the writing in this show annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Hmm... Going back to last weeks episode for a second, parkman is not that bad. I remember seing someone bothered by him talking to the turtle then relived when it was a person. Since parkman can read minds why cant his power devolep into talking to animals like "hey monkey throw some **** at that guy" or "hey tiger rip his throut out"

I like parkman, i think mohinder is neither fly or spider. He is just general insect man i assume. He can like a ant lift many times his own weight or maybe survive for long periods without air/miminal air, dig at a fast speed, hang upside down climb walls easyiely ect. Like every other power it can be expanded.

im still waiting for nathon to spin around in a circle faster and faster till he creates a tornado or something to that effect - oh i guess that what her name? Tracy? wont live very long. Syler had her power in season 1's episode "5 years on"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

User45701 wrote: »
    im still waiting for nathon to spin around in a circle faster and faster till he creates a tornado or something to that effect
    nathan can only go fast in one direction... Maybe he can spin really fast around the earth in the opposite direction of the earth's spin and turn back time... you know...like superman....

oh i guess that what her name? Tracy? wont live very long. Syler had her power in season 1's episode "5 years on"
    That's a different future. They stopped that. And the ice powers sylar used was probably just done to make him look badass instead of the writers having any forethought into how the show will end up. Let's face it, the writers are just recycling season 1 and are incapable of writing anything decent with no big big holes at this stage. They don't even remember what they have in the show unless they just edited out the final line from the haitian in ep 3 where he says "errrr Noah, it's me your old partner, remember what i can do?"

Don't get me started on a rant about time travel and how come there's only 1 future Peter in the present. Time traveling story lines just so doesn't work....ever...in any stories.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

And why was Nikki's body in a coffin in a house with no one in it apart from her young son? And why wasn't she decomposed even a bit? It is quite infuriating at times watching heroes. Also, the fact that some people don't just use their powers to escape from area 5 (like sylar when tied on the bed thing). Evidently they can use their powers as the flame thrower dude used his in the flyby of cells at the end of Ep 1. Claire is hawt though still. More future Claire please, even though she was trying to shoot someone who has the abilty to heal as well, kind of futile tbh.

Advertisement