Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swinging for a woman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Before hitting back, you must remember the rules of street fighting.

There are no rules. A kick in the balls may be seen as low, but if the opponent has a knife, and you don't, a kick in the opponents balls/pussy/face will buy you enough time to run away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I don't think I'd ever punch a woman in the face, but I have kicked a girl in the gee, hard (she was trying to claw my face with her nails, before anyone jumps down my throat). I don't mean a kind of slappy-kick you might give a guy in the balls - this was a serious toe-up-the-hole kick.

Although it worked (dropped her to the ground :pac:), I got a lot of abuse for it from other people, so I think I'd stick to kicking her legs out from under her if I was in the same situation again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

the_syco wrote: »
    Before hitting back, you must remember the rules of street fighting.

There are no rules. A kick in the balls may be seen as low, but if the opponent has a knife, and you don't, a kick in the opponents balls/pussy/face will buy you enough time to run away.
    My view is that if someone has a weapon, or decides to get help from a mate, then anything goes. Kick in the nuts, finger in the eye, anything......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Dave! wrote: »
    My view is that if someone has a weapon, or decides to get help from a mate, then anything goes. Kick in the nuts, finger in the eye, anything......

+1 gratuituous violence is not good

Hitting someone for the sake of it, male or female is just wrong.

Hit me and I'll hit back (I'm a girl), if I hit you (don't think I've done it) I'd expect to be hit back.

If I could I'd restrain someone rather than hit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

And there was me thinkin this thread was about a woman who wanted to try swinging! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Darragh29 wrote: »
    And there was me thinkin this thread was about a woman who wanted to try swinging! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It appears you are not alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I dont like fighting on the street but if a girl tries to bottle me or her and her mates start and im actually afraid for my safety, then yes, I'm throwing punches with the aim to keep myself safe and to end the threat in the quickest way possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this thread fecking fails.

Cremo wrote: »
    this thread fecking fails.

Ah now Cremo, come on, after your vid in tll??

Close, but no cigar :D

Would yore ma try a bit of swingin???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Would yore ma try a bit of swingin???

She has some crack punch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

I'd punch her lightsd out !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

if i ever went for a lad id expect a smack back same as if a lad went for me id go for him*

*actually not true id run away and hide

I fu*ked a junkie who wouldn't stop harrassin me missus out onto the street in town a few years ago. I just meant to give her a shove but ended up nearly throwin her under a bus! I was goin to give her a kick in the chops but got a bit of a guilty feelin and had to help her up but she was a bit stunned after landin on her t*ts and was all apologies so she wasn't a threat anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Who would have known there were so many hardened street warriors on boards, you guys pwn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

I'd rather live with the guilt of hitting a woman than live with a stab wound thank you very much.

When it comes down to it, a person with a weapon be they male or female, is a person with a weapon and they will be getting put down without hesitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

What kind of woman would swing a bottle? Only some knacker so in that case she’d deserve the biggest beating you could dish out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Daddy told me never hit a woman. I never have, well, sisters don't count.

Thankfuly I haven't had this tested by some knack bottling me over the back of the head.

ALSO, Such a let down from the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

thread title is seriously midleading here. :D

it is never right to hit a woman, end of story.

What fcuking planet are you on...........

Say a woman is about to smash a bottle in your face what do you do, restrain her!!!! cop the **** on, in some very extreme circumstances it is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Tbh I wouldn't hit a woman for the same reason I wouldn't hit a small man.

Not because of some ill defined sense of chivalry though but more that if it did go to court you'd be screwed trying to prove self defence against someone half your size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

everyone has the right to DEFEND themselves if being attacked let it be by man,woman, or beast .:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

FruitLover wrote: »
    I don't think I'd ever punch a woman in the face, but I have kicked a girl in the gee, hard (she was trying to claw my face with her nails, before anyone jumps down my throat). I don't mean a kind of slappy-kick you might give a guy in the balls - this was a serious toe-up-the-hole kick.

Although it worked (dropped her to the ground :pac:), I got a lot of abuse for it from other people, so I think I'd stick to kicking her legs out from under her if I was in the same situation again.

Jaysus, your toe couldve gotten stuck up there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

The thing is though, if you're being attacked by a woman and you hit her a dig, there's probably a good chance some random bloke, seeing the injustice of it all, will jump in and attack you for it. "You can't hit a woman ye c*nt!"

Point in case - you can actually here one for the guys saying "You bastard, how can you hit her". After she threw the first slap.

That said, he would have been a bigger man to just walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

McSavage has a sister?

Anything beyond self defence is unacceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Cianos wrote: »

Preeecisley

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Does that apply regardless of gender?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

If anybody is attacking me, and is not mentally retarded or anything like that

Thats another thread entirely, a while ago I was going to the cinema and as I made my way in I managed to make eye contact with an Oompa-Loompa. Instantly he put his head down and was starting to wave his arms around and charge towards me but luckily his handler grabbed him and somehow managed to calm him down. She apologised and I just laughed it off but if he had gotten close I was knocking him the f*ck out.

As for women...they wanted equality. :D

javaboy wrote: »
    Does that apply regardless of gender?

Well yes, everyone would be far better off if everybody reserved violence purely for self defence. In the real world this obviously isn't the case, and fights are commonplace. So I wouldn't expect a guy to have much restraint when it comes to fighting another guy because they are on a much more level playing field. But when it's a woman involved, the restraint to hold yourself back should be there if she is no longer a physical threat. Beating up a woman is the act of a thug.

There are obviously circumstances in which it is understandable, like if she killed a family member or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

There are obviously circumstances in which it is understandable, like if she killed a family member or something like that.

Then you punch her in the face and kill a member of her family....welcome to society.

Advertisement