Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Year Book - Delivery Group - Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Ideo wrote: »

Would anybody like to help me with this? I'm not based in my office for the next few weeks so if anybody can take delivery that would be great.

A friend of mine has a small hotel, with 24 hour cover, so I'll ask him if we could have them delivered there (won't be talking to him until tomorrow sometime). That's where I'm getting the second book for - he's said I can leave a copy somewhere visible with ordering details on it which might attract tourist attention and get a few more people buying it.

I can pay for two copies, but don't have enough cash/credit at the moment to pay for everyone in advance I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I am so stupid naive that I am ready to pay in advance via bank transfer or cash, as stated long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Thoie wrote: »
    A friend of mine has a small hotel, with 24 hour cover, so I'll ask him if we could have them delivered there (won't be talking to him until tomorrow sometime).

Spoke to him and that's fine about getting them delivered there - will PM the details if that works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Err not sure if you missed it in my PM but I'm looking for 2 copies, 1 soft cover and 1 hard cover - image wrap.

As I said I can pay via paypal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I'm going to order mine directly but I will still meet up for the Dublin launch ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Cool thanks for the replies guys.

Numbers are looking good. I've had 19 replies from the original list of 33 people (incl darrenG thanks, and one other cancellation) so hopefully we'll be in a position to place the order by the end of this week.

There are 23 books on the order list so far. Where people who have left themselves undecided as to what book the want i've put them in a seperate column (4 books), however there are 6 confirmed for the soft cover, 13 confirmed for the hard cover image wrap and zero confirmed for the dust cover so dust cover books are pretty much out the window. Perhaps those who havent replied to me yet could think about getting either the soft cover or image wrap and avoiding the dust cover?

I'm not going to confirm each pm but I've recevied confirmations from

Ideo
    thebaz
    gandalf
    mdebets
    Ballyman
    Buzz Lightyear
    l pearse
    Dara Robinson
    countryjimbo
    CabanSail
    mikedragon
    smelltheglove
    Covey
    RoryW
    sineadw
    kjt
    Usedtobepc
    Thoie
    DarrenG

Still waiting on 15 off hand I think. And that's the general update as to what is going on. Ta!

I've also noticed the free shipping code so maybe we'll be able to knock off the p&p also

hpfreeshipping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

DarrenG wrote: »
    I'm going to order mine directly but I will still meet up for the Dublin launch ;)

+1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I hope the meet up is not between 21 - 30 November as I am away.

As mentioned before, when we do have a date set we should try to get some Media Coverage. I will make a few calls, maybe some others can do the same.

Well...

I would really ask you, locals, to think and organize this. Just bare in mind the date of placing the order (I hope it will be today) and projected delivery time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭leinstergurl

Sorry for late response, but can i be put down for the dublin list as well....??if its too late no probs :)

yeha pm me leinstergurl with your name, location, the number of books you want, which format - soft cover or hard cover image wrap. I'll add you to the list and when all of the orders come in there will be a pm with a final price and payment details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

reply to your sent! thanks very much. :p

I just got a little distracted. Well, I hope I am in now :-)

Any news?

And about delivery, it could be delivered to our office and I have a van to bring it to the city center, where somebody will organize official presentation of the book for the media and public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Hi,
    Can you stick me down for the hard cover image wrap if it's not too late please.

Cheers,
    Dem

I need to double check when I get home but I think there are 10 orders (total of books, not people) down for soft cover, 20 (total of books) down for hard cover image wrap and yourself thonda down for dust cover. do you want to keep it as dust cover or change to image wrap?

Re delivery. I've had a few offers of people being able to receive them but if could take it yourself then perhaps that might work?

and I've had no new PMs since yesterday so I wasa thinking about sending out payment details tomorrow morning and cut off at 8am or something. I think the people who havent replied to me by PM have had long enough now, what do you think? Think we should move on!?

democrates pm me your details pronto. requirements are in the post above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Ideo wrote: »
    I was thinking about sending out payment details tomorrow morning and cut off at 8am or something.

Wha??

Covey wrote: »
    Wha??

typed that very quickly in work so i didnt exactly think it through! what i meant is if i dont receive peoples details by 2mo morn then perhaps we should move on without them and let them order the books themselves?

• Advertisement

The sooner the better ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

Just say the word and payment you shall receive.

If we want to have the books in time for the media pres and they take two weeks to deliver, we want to put our skates on and send the order, otherwise we're talking about December already and people will get distracted with Xmas drinks and that sort of stuff.

im buried in work here but ill send the details tonight, promise!

You are my hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Damn, I think I'm going to have to order mine myself, won't be able to get it by tomorrow - have put too much strain on my account this week as it is (flights to tokyo so can't complain really :rolleyes:)

sorry guys, i 100% promise the details will be sent after work. my wireless wouldnt connect at home for some reason last night so i couldnt post up the payment details and then i forgot to copy to the spreadsheet this morning and bring it to work with me!

ThOnda did you get my PM query about taxes?

Everybody: Blurb is based in the US right?, so if we are getting 35 books or whatever the total number is, will we get hit for taxes and duties? im just a little conscious of it?! What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

There is no VAT or Duty on Books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Mr Dave C

Folks I drive a taxi in Dublin and cover most parts of the city I can deliver some of the books .I live in Clondalkin and start from there most days.
    Dave C

Covey wrote: »
    There is no VAT or Duty on Books.

Thanks Covey!

• Advertisement

I am back online only now. I didn't know about the taxes, so thanks, Covey.

Advertisement