Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Year Book - Delivery Group - Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

New list as of today! This is going to be quite a session!!
    1. Ideo
    2. ThOnda
    3. Daddio
    4. smelltheglove
    5. UsedtobePC
    6. mart_max
    7. mdebets
    8. rahtkennades
    9. sineadw
    10. l pearse
    11. Hearvee
    12. duffarama
    13. Dara Robinson
    14. kjt
    15. DarrenG
    16. CabanSail
    17. Covey
    18. Hugh_C
    19. crazylegskane
    20. gandalf
    21. melekalikimaka
    22. cooligPhoto
    23. thebaz
    24. mikedragon32
    25. Kazujo
    26. MagicMarker
    27. Edser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I'll get mine in dublin if I can do it on a weekend :) (I go home to meet the family most weekends and they're close to the smoke)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

With so many people meeting up to get the book, maybe we could invite some Media & get some publicity for the Project?

If we gave them some notice & had a rep from SSF there too it could raise awareness & bring in a few sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

CabanSail, that is excellent idea!!!

We could organize an evening in a pub with official Dublin release of the book. And maybe to invite DeVore to say few words about SSF to public/press.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm there! Just let me know when (not the weekend of the 22nd of Nov, I'm away... nor the 14th-21st of December, I'm away again :) ).

I'm also in for 3 books at least, when do we need to confirm orders?

DeV.

I guess that's down to me?!

I've a friend in PR, he might be able to help if we need it?

Actually, how will the payment work in bulk orders?

I bet that payment is to be solved and controlled by the person who volunteers to create such delivery group. I am willing to give/send the money in advance. And to move the books in my car from place to place.

And I am thinking about ordering two books, just to have one spare if anybody wants to buy one at the official presentation. Possibly somebody whou could show the book to others and to spread it's fame and good name nationwide wordwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

What day are you thinking for the meet???

Well, if the book is ready 1/11/08, I think that I would have to read delivery times of blurb. But I think within two weeks should be the books here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

if it is not too late to join the dublin deliery group....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Dont know how Trim suits the Dublin delivery group but you can count me in as a +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

lots of people signing up late, should we consider extending the deadline?

to let more people make it

Well...

How long shall we wait? The X-mass is coming soon.
    Two month was more than enough, I think. I wouldn't like to sound rude, but at least 80 people were able to submit their picture in time.

There is still more than one day left. I'll keep replying with instructions unless the designer stops me. But the book must be ready soon. And what could be a better date than 1/11? Definitely not 9-11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

ThOnda wrote: »
    Two month was more than enough, I think.

I wouldn't like to sound rude, but at least 80 people were able to submit their picture in time.

I Concur!

maybe lets try to not mix up the threads and keep this one on topic.

rory and buzz i will add you to the list. I am also going to send a pm to all those who are in the dublin delivery group reconfirming their inclusion in said group. i think there's a few who havent actually submitted a photo so will they even want a book?!

Re: meet. i dont know how long delivery will take plus i dont want to be ordering books wihtout payment first, if it is me placing the order(I presume so!), in case i get stuck with a load of books so when can we be sure of placing the order? maybe nov 3rd/6th? run the meet on a thurs evening or something, nov 13th looks nice?

ThOnda - any thoughts?

EDIT: I put in the wrong date. Nov 13th is what I meant to say, though it is of course just a suggestion.

Once we know the price. I am ready to give you the money either in cash or via bank transfer.
    I am free on Thursdays. Collection date seems good, so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭countryjimbo

!'d like to join the dublin group pls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Can you add my name to the dublin list as well please.

Updated list
    1. Ideo
    2. ThOnda
    3. Daddio
    4. smelltheglove
    5. UsedtobePC
    6. mart_max
    7. mdebets
    8. rahtkennades
    9. sineadw
    10. l pearse
    11. Hearvee
    12. duffarama
    13. Dara Robinson
    14. kjt
    15. DarrenG
    16. CabanSail
    17. Covey
    18. Hugh_C
    19. crazylegskane
    20. gandalf
    21. melekalikimaka
    22. cooligPhoto
    23. thebaz
    24. mikedragon32
    25. Kazujo
    26. MagicMarker
    27. Edser
    28. RoryW
    29. Buzz Lightyear
    30. countryjimbo
    31. Ballyman
    32. (DeVore-3 books)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Ideo wrote: »
    Updated list
    1. Ideo
    2. ThOnda
    3. Daddio
    4. smelltheglove
    5. UsedtobePC
    6. mart_max
    7. mdebets
    8. rahtkennades
    9. sineadw
    10. l pearse
    11. Hearvee
    12. duffarama
    13. Dara Robinson
    14. kjt
    15. DarrenG
    16. CabanSail
    17. Covey
    18. Hugh_C
    19. crazylegskane
    20. gandalf
    21. melekalikimaka
    22. cooligPhoto
    23. thebaz
    24. mikedragon32
    25. Kazujo
    26. MagicMarker
    27. Edser
    28. RoryW
    29. Buzz Lightyear
    30. countryjimbo
    31. Ballyman
    32. (DeVore-3 books)

And another belated person if that's OK - 2 books please? I can also help with receipt and distribution if needed (D6 and D12, she said, wandering around the city). How shall we pay you? I don't have paypal, but can send a cheque, or do an online bank transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

not sure where the delivery will take place , but i assume city centre , is there anywhere in the Digital hub
    http://www.thedigitalhub.com/

they should help , as there mantra is
    “The Digital Hub is a community of people – artists, researchers, educators, technologists, entrepreneurs and consumers, all working together to create innovative and successful digital media products and services which support their future.”

The Digital Hub Project
    The Digital Hub is an Irish Government initiative to create an international centre of excellence for knowledge, innovation and creativity focused on digital content and technology enterprises."

i think we fit this requirement

p.s. just a Saturday night idea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

man, walking all the way over to the digital hub... what a nightmare. unless one worked there... do you work there? :D lol

If we could find a city center location that would be actual central I would really appreciate it :)

If everything goes well, we could order the book today. And they could be back in (almost) two weeks.

So, what's another step now? How we sort the money for another volunteer?

The book is for sale now. Don't be shy to suggest the fastest way how to get it in our hands ;)

Can you check your PM Inbox everybody. I'm going to send a message in a few mins
    1. Ideo
    2. ThOnda
    3. Daddio
    4. smelltheglove
    5. UsedtobePC
    6. mart_max
    7. mdebets
    8. rahtkennades
    9. sineadw
    10. l pearse
    11. Hearvee
    12. duffarama
    13. Dara Robinson
    14. kjt
    15. DarrenG
    16. CabanSail
    17. Covey
    18. Hugh_C
    19. crazylegskane
    20. gandalf
    21. melekalikimaka
    22. cooligPhoto
    23. thebaz
    24. mikedragon32
    25. Kazujo
    26. MagicMarker
    27. Edser
    28. RoryW
    29. Buzz Lightyear
    30. countryjimbo
    31. Ballyman
    32. DeVore-3 books
    33. Thoie-2 books

Well, to be honest, I don't know what type of cover to order. I am thinking about at least two different types - one for me and one as a gift (or for sale at the presentation party).

This is the message I just sent. Thinking about it, it's probably more use here

Hi All,

As you may be aware the Boards.ie photography book is finally available for purchase so if you would still like to be included in the Dublin delivery group can you reply to me via pm along with your full name, email address, your location, the number of books you want and what format you would like the book in(soft cover, hard cover - image wrap or dust cover).

Because we're ordering over 10 books we can get a 10% discount but only the person who created the book can get the discount so I'll have to figure out something with whyulittle.

Similarly the discount only applies to books of the same format and as there is 3 different types of books to choose from things could get messy. I have no problem ordering the different types of books but i will have to work out different prices for each person so that's why letting me know what type of book you want is important. The next message will hopefully finalise the cost of the book but your looking at

Book format (€28, 37 or 40) - possible discount (10%) + p&p (about €1.50)

I'm just going to round the numbers up i think, which i think is fair enough, so any left over money between what you pay me and the actual cost will be donated to SSF (it will certainly be less than a euro each anyway).

If people can reply ASAP then we'll try to get the book ordered by the end of the week. I don't want to be ordering books without the money either so payment details will be included in the next pm. I'd prefer bank transfer but i can accept paypal (you'll have to cover the fees yourself)

Would anybody like to help me with this? I'm not based in my office for the next few weeks so if anybody can take delivery that would be great. I can figure something out if not. And the books are going to be distributed at a night out. Date to be confirmed. Anybody any problems with this?

Anybody any questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Thanks. PM received and PM sent back.

Confused as to what cover to order. Definitely hard copy. What is difference between the two and has anyone any recommendations ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

With the Image Wrap, the print goes directly onto the cover.

With the Dust Cover, the print goes onto that, but if you take that off, there is nothing printed onto the actual cover itself.

Advertisement