Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008-2009 NHL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I've said it all year that Calgary is a better team than they have shown against the Hawks.

It's going to be a great series ....Hawks in SIX

Wow .....you're good if I don't say so myself.

Bring on the Canuckleheads !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Well, hockey almost over in Calgary, even the Hitmen are down 3-0 to Kelowna with Game 4 in Kelowna tonight.

Stinking hot goaltending from Kelowna. Backlund (Flames Darftee) has looked great for Kelowna though.

This is a great time of year for hockey at all levels. Being a Blackhawks fan, I have grown to appreciate all of the other tournaments going on at this time of the year (since we are traditionally golfing at this time of the year).

We stole one from the Canucks last night. It's off to Vancouver for game five on Saturday night.

C'mon the HAWKS !!!

They absolutely blew Luongo out of the water tonight. Seven goals scored. Kane with the hat trick and Toews with two goals

We get to go home and rest for a few days before we play the winner of the Detroit v Anaheim series.

I would love to see Anaheim take this to Detroit so that we would have home ice advantage. but I don't see that happening at his point.

By the grace of god, if somehow the Hawks make it to the Finals, I am on the first plane back to Chicago.

Congrats Mule. Mus be nice. :)

• Advertisement

The Flames had their run a few years ago.

We are LONG overdue for a bit of success in the United Center.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,966 ✭✭✭cena

i can't believe the ducks lost. but they were beaten by a good team. is their anywhere were i can watch the game from last night

cena wrote: »
    i can't believe the ducks lost. but they were beaten by a good team. is their anywhere were i can watch the game from last night

They had a good run as well, considering they barely made the playoffs and upset the Presidents Trophy winning Sharks.

It' scary what can happen when you have guys like Neidermeyer or Pronger on the ice for nearly the entire game.

Don't know where you could find the game online though....sorry.

Setanta Ireland at 05:30 Sunday morning.

don't have that channel, anything on the net for free would be good. can't find anything

• Advertisement

don't have that channel, anything on the net for free would be good. can't find anything

That's the best that I could do for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Frank66

I've been watching Pens games on ustream.com
    sorry if any of this has been covered before, as I'm new to the boards.
    I also caught some of the WC at the Czech Inn, in Temple Bar. Hoping they will have the finals on there.

Let's Go Pens!

Frank66 wrote: »
    I've been watching Pens games on ustream.com
    sorry if any of this has been covered before, as I'm new to the boards.
    I also caught some of the WC at the Czech Inn, in Temple Bar. Hoping they will have the finals on there.

Let's Go Pens!

I wouldn't mind seeing a replay of the Finals .....from 1992 !!!

This time with different results.

Not looking too good right now but I still think the Hawks can beat them. They are getting good chances and Osgood is beatable.

Flames fire Keenan.

Wow.

Heya
    doesn't look too good for your Hawks. Missing Bhulin is a big loss. I'm still pulling for them, not cause I'm afraid of the Wings but would be good to see another team get in there.
    I''m still searching for a place to catch a finals game. I was going to ask the Czech Inn again. There's got to be more than 2 hockey fans in Dublin eh?

The Hawks had all of the momentum plus Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Draper out of the lineup for Detroit.

....and they pissed it up the wall.

Worst performance that I have seen from those kids all season.

Three in a row would be a mighty nice way to get some momentum into the Finals though.

The Hawks had all of the momentum plus Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Draper out of the lineup for Detroit.

....and they pissed it up the wall.

Worst performance that I have seen from those kids all season.

Three in a row would be a mighty nice way to get some momentum into the Finals though.

Do you still believe?

PS; Windsor Spitfires are the Memorial Cup Champions. The only team to ever win after going through the tie-breaker game.

My Pens are headed to the Finals! Again!
    Man, I am missing the whole atmosphere of everything as I was there last year. Last night we had almost 10,000 watching on the big screen outside Mellon Arena. I was watching online and listening to our radio feed, chatting with friends on FB.
    There's got to be someplace here to watch and have a few beers.

"Spit shine your shoes Mabel, the Pens are going dancing with Lord Stanley!"
    --Mike Lange, Pens(HOF) Broadcaster

channel 5 aren't showing the final live this year. any reason why.

• Advertisement

My Blackhawks finished out the season as one of the last three teams standing. What an amazing year, when you consider that last season we didn't even make the playoffs.

Still along way to go (another five wins) but the future sure looks bright over on Madison Street. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

channel 5 aren't showing the final live this year. any reason why.

Any idea where we can watch Game 7?

Had a look at a few websites for different places around Dublin wihout any luck.

I still have ESPN America (as long as Setanta is still up and running).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Any idea where we can watch Game 7?

ESPN America probably the only place you can watch NHL in Ireland unfortunately. Its a shame nobody seems to care about Hockey over here, and yet so many are interested in the Superbowl, which is a slower, less exciting game IMO, with ridiculous amounts of stoppages in play.

Tonight is it. Game 7, I love it. :)

I'm cheering for the Penguins as the lesser of two evils.

try http://myp2p.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

Well, didn't get to watch the game except the highlights on cbc.ca.

Well done to the Penguins...as Brian said lesser of two evils but I had 10 Euro on them too.

Congrats to Mr Joe Soap.

Flames fire Keenan.

Wow.

Im not convinced that this is the right move.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

:)

Oh happy days!

• Advertisement

Im not convinced that this is the right move.

You can't blame Keenan for the injuries that hurt this team down the stretch.

I would hope that Darryl goes with Brent as the new head coach.

Advertisement