Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008-2009 NHL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

cool.. well by the sounds of those figures habs are on the all stars.. or maybe the fans of the other hockey teams want to take any chance they can to distract habs from their centennary stanley cup bid..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

cool.. well by the sounds of those figures habs are on the all stars.. or maybe the fans of the other hockey teams want to take any chance they can to distract habs from their centennary stanley cup bid..

This is really a joke.

Not your comments, but the fact that they are stuffing the ballot box.

i just read up on the all star game on wiki-pedia.. cos yeah i'm still a bit of an NHL noob.. so i get the picture now.. if the habs manage to keep the way they're going now though they'll be the first team in NHL history to have 6 players start the all star game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

i just read up on the all star game on wiki-pedia.. cos yeah i'm still a bit of an NHL noob.. so i get the picture now.. if the habs manage to keep the way they're going now though they'll be the first team in NHL history to have 6 players start the all star game...

And to we purists the all=star starters are meaningless as they are there due to ballot box stuffing.

Great on teh Flames, beat Vancouver in both ends of teh home and home last week to come within 1 point of them atop the Northwest.

If this keeps up, you'll see teams organising 'ballot stuffing campaigns' for their fans to take part in. Then you'll see the teams with the largest attendance monoplising the event.

This is not what it is meant to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

If this keeps up, you'll see teams organising 'ballot stuffing campaigns' for their fans to take part in. Then you'll see the teams with the largest attendance monoplising the event.

This is not what it is meant to be.

All those all-star games are a joke and should not be taken seriously. If the teams were only picked by fellow players and or coaches or even journalists/commentators then I'd value the selections. But as they are now, forget about it. I don't take any interest in them. :rolleyes:

For the World Series venues to be decided by the All-Star game result is nothing short of a farce. :mad:

WOW ......the Oilers took a beating at the hands of my Blackhawks last night.

9-2 in Edmonton.

Tha's the first time that they have given up nine goals since losing to Los Angeles back in the Gretzky era.

No complaints about the Oil getting wholloped. :):D

I thought the Flames were going to blow another late lead last night, but got the win in OT on a goal by Bertuzzi even.

Looking good!!!!

Flames v Hawks tonight in the Saddledome.

My Blackhawks just swept through Western Canada going 3-0 against Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Leafs win again tonite and have scored 18 goals in their last 3 games, and I think won 5 of their last 6. I'm not sure this team has what it takes to make the last 8, but Im enjoying watching them. Pogge played tonite and looks good. I'm afraid I have to say Cujo has, to date, looked like he should retire. It's kinda sad to see him get beat so easily. :(

My Blackhawks just swept through Western Canada going 3-0 against Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.

We still got a point out of them.

mod9maple wrote: »
    Leafs win again tonite and have scored 18 goals in their last 3 games, and I think won 5 of their last 6. I'm not sure this team has what it takes to make the last 8, but Im enjoying watching them. Pogge played tonite and looks good. I'm afraid I have to say Cujo has, to date, looked like he should retire. It's kinda sad to see him get beat so easily. :(

And a cry can be heard throught the NHL and minor arenas throughout the land: BREAK UP THE LEAFS!!!!!

We still got a point out of them.

We still got two :P

We still got two :P

Thanks for the chuckle. :D

mod9maple wrote: »

Wow ....they just gave up eight goals to a hapless Dallas team.

Can you say 'Eight in a row' ???

My Blackhawks beat the Flyers last night for their eighth win in a row in front of a record crowd (22,712 ) at the United Center.

The Hawks are five points behind Detroit in the Central Divison (with two games in hand) and a home and home series against Detroit this week. The balance of power in the Central Division could change hands this week with a strong performance from the Blackhawks.

Everyone tune in on New Years Day to see the Blackhawks play the Red Wings outdoors at Wrigley Field in the Winter Classic.

i was lookin at that alright.. that outdoor ice looks impressive.. i can imagine the atmosphere will be good.. and i'm sure the hawks will raise their game accordingly.. they're on a good run at the moment

i was lookin at that alright.. that outdoor ice looks impressive.. i can imagine the atmosphere will be good.. and i'm sure the hawks will raise their game accordingly.. they're on a good run at the moment

Nine in a row !!

The Hawks kick off a home and home series against Detroit in the Joe tis evening, as they go for #10.

The Hawks have not beaten Detroit this season.

• Advertisement

Flames flying, 3 in a row now. Look out. :)

Good night last night, both Vancouver and Edmonton lose. :):)

The Oil in Calgary tonight, if we win we are 11 up on them and 5 up on Vancouver.

The Blackhawks winning streak ended at 9 last night at the Joe.

Detroit bitch-slapped the Hawks 4-0 in the openner of this home and home series.

The next round is played tomorrow and will be televised on NASN.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,966 ✭✭✭cena

how are the ducks doing. haven't been keeping up with the season.

cena wrote: »
    how are the ducks doing. haven't been keeping up with the season.

They are sitting at the #6 seed in the Western Conference at the moment.

.......average for the talent that they have.

bad fall for habs the other night.. they're riddled with a laundry list of injuries at the moment.. though 2 out of 3 on the road i can take... Halak didn't bring his game that night..
    also.. i hadn't realized Huet was now with Backhawks.. thats a good man to have in the crease.. though he was snowed under by the Detroit machine in the classic

also.. i hadn't realized Huet was now with Backhawks.. thats a good man to have in the crease.. though he was snowed under by the Detroit machine in the classic

Huet has been very inconsistent this season. He has been above average at times, and looks lost at other times. He has been consistently outplayed by Nik Khabibulin all season.

I will say that he has improved since the beginning of the season, although I would still go with Khabibulin when the chips are down.

well his old team aren't doing so well in his abscense either.. Carey Price is out for a couple of weeks.. and Halak got pulled in the first of those stand in games after letting in 3 in one period.. and he let 5 past him yesterday against Florida.. he needs to get in the zone, and quickly
    that scoreline reminded me of a cracker of a game habs had last season against New York Rangers.. anyone remember it? they came back from a 5-0 deficit to win 6-5 in overtime.. what a game that was...

Huet has been very inconsistent this season. He has been above average at times, and looks lost at other times. He has been consistently outplayed by Nik Khabibulin all season.

I will say that he has improved since the beginning of the season, although I would still go with Khabibulin when the chips are down.

Flippin' Khabibulin, 21-5-2 lifetime against the Flames. hammered him in the third last night and could only beat him once.

:(

• Advertisement

Flippin' Khabibulin, 21-5-2 lifetime against the Flames. hammered him in the third last night and could only beat him once.

:(

I was crying in my beer last night watching that one LOL

The Hawks need that win last night after losing to straight to Detroit. We just seem to have Calgary's number this season.

Hopefully, this carries over into the playoffs, but I think that Calgary is built better when it comes to seven game series. The Hawks also have very little playoff experience, and are the youngest team in the NHL/

Advertisement