Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X -Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

so, does anybody know how the site is coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Neurojazz wrote: »
    My 4 years in music shops... we were told NEVER lie to the customer, never make absolute statements, never depend on deliveries being on time.

We also got murdered if we let repairs go out without full testing... lots of nightmare stories, but the shop used to get a lot of loyalty for going the extra mile - (Nevada Music in the UK) - They have a very strong policy for customer relations.

We'd always be getting disgruntled customers from other city centre shops and keeping their business... but don't know if they are still that sharp :)

Is that a big shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    so, does anybody know how the site is coming along?

Hiya Sparkie.

The site is petty much done. Still some products to go in.

Were just waiting for our stock levels to rise back up after the Christmas rush.
    We don't want to launch a site with poor stock levels and find out people can't order what they want.

Cheers

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Yeah, fender diamond dealer.... lots & lots of guitars lol... small synth section and no drums. They've moved to a warehouse out of Portsmouth now, and think they sell everything. They did'nt have *everything* everybody wanted, but the feelgood factor from most customers was good.... xmas was always mad, but had the usual saturday boy hired during the xmas hols to take phones will we dealt with 10+ customers at the same time... Everything was ub-boxed and checked - scary.

One instance of checking the gear... 40 odd kam cheapy mixers and 10+ had crackle on the knobs - dam good luck we checked.

The point at when this all changed was because some poor sods amp who was living on the ascension island wasn't checked and sent out faulty.... management went wild.... then it was sent back again unfixed ;) - things changed lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

i was actually promised a call back about a korg radias and a rack stand - which i never got, ended up buying both on Thomann - its a great set up they have and well i was trying to give tem business and even paying about 80 more for the radias but what can ya do- bit strange on their part(and the sales guy going to me "we set this place up to compete wit thomann and the like"......still will give them business in future though, setup is the business and i want them to stay here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Smiler wrote: »
    Hi all.

Mick from XMusic here.
    First of all let me apologise to all of you for us not answering all of your phone calls, all of our phones go directly to the floor, and at this time of the year they don't always get answered.

We'll be looking into getting a better way of doing this in the new year.

With that in mind I would ask any of you with an any questions to email me directly at mick@xmusic.ie and I'll get all your queries sorted for you.

James Hunt, I don't remember getting an email from yourself. But again if you'd like to email me direcetly or PM me here I'll get an answer for you.

Alanstrainor, if you'd like to do the same I'll get onto the supplier for you.

DamagerTrax, our sincerest apologies to yourself. We hope you were happy with the solution that we were able to sort for you, and that your son enjoys his Christmas present.

Cheers

Mick

Mick,

Any update on the website? I and others have posted questions about this on this thread but have got no response. We are anxious to spend money in your shop asap.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

I was over in X-Music last week and when i was at the till one item didn't make it into the back. I noticed when i got home so got on the phone - they picked up straight away and put the item aside for me.

Just thought i'd break the phone answering negativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Yeah, fender diamond dealer.... lots & lots of guitars lol... small synth section and no drums. They've moved to a warehouse out of Portsmouth now, and think they sell everything. They did'nt have *everything* everybody wanted, but the feelgood factor from most customers was good.... xmas was always mad, but had the usual saturday boy hired during the xmas hols to take phones will we dealt with 10+ customers at the same time... Everything was ub-boxed and checked - scary.

One instance of checking the gear... 40 odd kam cheapy mixers and 10+ had crackle on the knobs - dam good luck we checked.

The point at when this all changed was because some poor sods amp who was living on the ascension island wasn't checked and sent out faulty.... management went wild.... then it was sent back again unfixed ;) - things changed lol.

Jeasus mustve been tough to maintain that level of service on that scale. Fair play!

One thing I noticed is shops that are tied with big distribution companies tend to have less customer satisfaction. If you dont give people good impartial advice they dont come back and it also puts agents of good gear in the position of having very little positive outlets for their stuff.

Also I think commission doesnt work too well on the shop floor, it gives people the wrong selling attitude I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Yeah, i agree - commision based service is awful. You are supposed to sell the customer what they either want or show them stuff they might need or not know about. As long as someone didn't turn up on a saturday expecting an hour long sermon of what they could buy then they'd get a quality of service. The key here is really *don't goto a shop on a saturday coz it's packed with kids* - or phone up and *book* someones time if your'e serious and have cash - (i.e. phone up and get a name, a time and let them know your buying, not trying and you'll get that service on a saturday :)

Even though we were a diamond dealer if a someone came in wanting a more 'metal' type starter guitar we'd flog a yammy pacifica etc...

We didn't just have one main brand, but the diamond dealership meant we had mostly fenders up on the rack (100's of the things) - but lots of other stuff. I think in my years at nevada i only sold chinese strats - not many of the overpriced relic nonsense.

I think in my years at nevada i only sold chinese strats - not many of the overpriced relic nonsense.

I find it hard to understand what the attraction is of Reliced guitars. Why do people pay above the odds for a guitar that looks like it's been gigged for years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

I find it hard to understand what the attraction is of Reliced guitars. Why do people pay above the odds for a guitar that looks like it's been gigged for years?

Maybe because some people like purchasing JUNK

Mick,

Any update on the website? I and others have posted questions about this on this thread but have got no response. We are anxious to spend money in your shop asap.

Thanks

Hiya

The site is pretty much done.

Were just gonna wait for our stock to rise again to suitable levels after the Christmas madness and then we'll launch.

Not much point in launching if people can't get what they want.

Cheers

Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Hi all.

Mick from XMusic here.
    First of all let me apologise to all of you for us not answering all of your phone calls, all of our phones go directly to the floor, and at this time of the year they don't always get answered.

We'll be looking into getting a better way of doing this in the new year.

With that in mind I would ask any of you with an any questions to email me directly at mick@xmusic.ie and I'll get all your queries sorted for you.

James Hunt, I don't remember getting an email from yourself. But again if you'd like to email me direcetly or PM me here I'll get an answer for you.

Alanstrainor, if you'd like to do the same I'll get onto the supplier for you.

DamagerTrax, our sincerest apologies to yourself. We hope you were happy with the solution that we were able to sort for you, and that your son enjoys his Christmas present.

Cheers

Mick

yes mick, im happy with the outcome (well i will be tomorrrow when it arrives).

i feel bad for having to use boards to get some attention to the situation but after been given blank wall answers from staff and with the only solution from yourselves (at the time) being a refund 7 days before xmas, i felt i had no other option.

again, just like to let everyone know that this has been resolved.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

yes mick, im happy with the outcome (well i will be tomorrrow when it arrives).

i feel bad for having to use boards to get some attention to the situation but after been given blank wall answers from staff and with the only solution from yourselves (at the time) being a refund 7 days before xmas, i felt i had no other option.

again, just like to let everyone know that this has been resolved.

cheers

Perhaps you'll let us know when it does B?

will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Perhaps you'll let us know when it does B?

What?

What?

What what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Funny guy.

Funny guy.

I don't understand what you mean by 'What?'

I was saying to Damaged that to let us know if X deliver as they say if that's what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Couple questions for the powers that be in X Music:

1. Any more Gretsch Electromatics coming in? (I will do contract killings for a Jet Baritone)
    2.How much is your lovely Cort GB99? (that lovely sunburst one with the maple fingerboard)
    3.Are you getting any more Martin sig acoustics in? (It's insane that you got one of Crosby's ones)
    4.Are you gonna expand on brands if possible and if so,which ones?
    /\
    *coughs,Sandberg basses,coughs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭iquinn

Maybe x-music should put a forum on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

iquinn wrote: »
    Maybe x-music should put a forum on their site.

+1

GobBass wrote: »

1. Any more Gretsch Electromatics coming in? (I will do contract killings for a Jet Baritone)
    2.How much is your lovely Cort GB99? (that lovely sunburst one with the maple fingerboard)
    3.Are you getting any more Martin sig acoustics in? (It's insane that you got one of Crosby's ones)
    /\

I've asked the lads in guitars - they should be back onto you soon

As for the forum - we might ask boards to set one up here for us.

We'll see

GobBass wrote: »

/\

From the guitar guys

Hi....,

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm due to order more in the way of Gretsch after Christmas. I'll add a baritone to my wish list. The Cort GB99 retails for 699.00. The only other Martin signature model I have my eye on is the John Mayer model, which is similar to the Clapton, but with a more standard neck profile. More brands are in the pipeline, but it depends on the prices that my suppliers come back to me with. Any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
    Stephen

There is a Commercial Interaction option I believe. That might suit you guys.

well guitar and amp arrived over to the parents this evening, yet to see it myself but all reports suggest everything is ok with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Mick

Thanks...in fact I received a reply not long after my previous post in this thread.

Hiya

The site is pretty much done.

Were just gonna wait for our stock to rise again to suitable levels after the Christmas madness and then we'll launch.

Not much point in launching if people can't get what they want.

Cheers

Mick

Thanks Smiler, Can't wait to see it up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Didn't think I would be posting here,But I have to say that the level of service in X-Music is absolutely appalling.I Have made many purchases so far but am now giving up completely.

Simple queries seem to throw everyone into total dissaray.

There is a huge need for somebody to stand back take a good look and start driving the whole operation from the retail floor.If this does not happen quickly. I think there will be troubling times ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

booo hooo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement