Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave McSavage beaten up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its one of the few things that makes me think "Hey, Degsy aint that bad".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I think we should all share our savage moments, like that time knackers stole his stuff and he chased them with a guitar.

Also, why do people stop to look at his acts?, I have never heard anybody speak well of his comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

But it wouldn't have been a joke.

It would of been abuse... possibly of a racist nature (As he is known to do that) thrown at a some guys wife.

Yeah, I'm sure it would've been abusive, as is his humour. And no, I'm not in any way surprised about it at all, I'm more shocked that it hasn't happened sooner, and more often.

tba wrote: »
    Also, why do people stop to look at his acts?, I have never heard anybody speak well of his comedy.

I would imagine the same reason people stop to look at a car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I saw McSavage at a comedy club and an audience member calmbered up onto stage ond tried to box him. Yes McSavage had ripped into him, but the guy was heckling all the comedians that night.
    I guess there are a lot of people out there who want to be that guy who punched McSavage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

who da funk is Dave McSavage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Trilla wrote: »

Isn't that the name of his book ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I never understand why people hate Dave McSavage.

Haven't seen him in town in ages, but always thought he was a good laugh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

tba wrote: »
    Also, why do people stop to look at his acts?.

People don't.

I (and I'm sure most other people) stopped to look at his act insofar as the prick pointed me out of a crowd and tried to call me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Delighted for him. Painfully annoying and completely unfunny. If you pay into his "show" fair enough but don't be hassling people on the street.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Trilla wrote: »

This is him.
    One of my own little montages on the twat.
    He ran scampering into the shop terrified a moment later. I followed but got kicked out. Then the assistant realised who he was and kicked him out too.
    2796056657_79c5886439.jpg?v=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Ah that's brilliant!

Hope he was battered rightly. Might learn the argumentative cnut.

Still he'll be hogging airtime now with his snivelling recriminations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

I know this is Dave McSavage who's gotten a slap so it was hardly unprovoked, but I'm not one to go cheering at someone else's misfortune. If someone attacks another person over a joke (however unfunny), they're a bit of a scumbag. I wouldn't cheer for that.

I would like to make it clear, I do not in any way condone Dave McSavage, his act, or his sense of humour.
    The fact that Dave McSavage was the biggest arse hole justifies the scumbaggery.

When I was about 16 me and my mates watched his show and he was slagging us, so we left. We came back with a bag of maggots that we got from a fishing shop and fecked it him. It smashed open upon impact on his guitar and the maggots went everywhere. He had to stop the show he was doing and move away. Looking back on it, there was a period where I thought what I had done was rather scumbagish, how ever, further reflecting upon my actions that day, I'm glad we did that.

He's a stupid bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Hopefully the chances of MRSA setting in will be high when he's in A&E.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's a fine line between Scumbaggery and Chivalrey. And in this instance it was well worth crossing.
    If MacS kids were with him the attacker should have asked him was he a kiddyfiddler while he was laying a few slaps down. As these words have been used by MacS against unsuspecting passing public that have their kids with him when they've passed by his "act".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hopefully the chances of MRSA setting in will be high when he's in A&E.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭A-Train

As was already mentioned I'm surprised it hasn't more often then this. But anyway good to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

According to the Sun today, he said as the couple were passing: "You're sooo beautiful" and then "Your girlfriend is good looking too" Our friend then threw his toolbox at McSavage and threatened to 'get him' when there wouldn't be a mob to protect the 'funny' man. I've seen his act a few times on Grafton St and was glad I wasn't picked out for any treatment. Another day I was on the Luas and he was filming something for his DVD and he was being a smart ass towards some elderly people that hadn't a clue who he was. Luckily it was my stop before he worked his way up the tram. I remember thinking to myself, some day, someone is going to deck him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

passive wrote: »
    I got an email from y0re ma too...

^Now that's a good yore ma response.
    Not like the usual sh1te ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

According to the Sun today, he said as the couple were passing: "You're sooo beautiful" and then "Your girlfriend is good looking too"

If that's all that he said then tbh your man must have been an utter scummer to attack over such a harmless comment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I have passed him once or twice, each time i go right to the front of the crowd and just look at him, waiting for him to have a pop.

He never does though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    If that's all that he said then tbh your man must have been an utter scummer to attack over such a harmless comment.

He was acting for the people of the country. As such, he deserves a medal.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

Do you honestly believe thats all that was said?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭professorpete

Ass Face wrote: »
    The fact that Dave McSavage was the biggest arse hole justifies the scumbaggery.

When I was about 16 me and my mates watched his show and he was slagging us, so we left. We came back with a bag of maggots that we got from a fishing shop and fecked it him. It smashed open upon impact on his guitar and the maggots went everywhere. He had to stop the show he was doing and move away. Looking back on it, there was a period where I thought what I had done was rather scumbagish, how ever, further reflecting upon my actions that day, I'm glad we did that.

He's a stupid bollox.

Maggots all over his creepy head and smarmy guitar - Genius!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I know it's AH, but I'm genuinely stunned at the general consensus that a guy getting beaten up in front of a crowd of people in the middle of the day is in any way condonable
    I'm sorry, but I can deal with Dave McSavage (and yeah - I agree he's sh!te), a lot more than these fcucking ar$eholes who go around throwing fists at anyone who looks sideways at them.
    I've had my nose broken in a bar for not letting someone have a chair (my mate was at the bar). Casual violence is waaay too common in this country, for me too cheer on some absolute knacker whose precious sensibilities were offended by a lanky guy with glasses.
    And half of you on here would be the first to comment on how the level of violence in this country is spiraling out of control. Tut tut folks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Dodge wrote: »
    Do you honestly believe thats all that was said?

It doesn't matter what was said TBH.

According to the Sun today, he said as the couple were passing: "You're sooo beautiful" and then "Your girlfriend is good looking too" Our friend then threw his toolbox at McSavage and threatened to 'get him' when there wouldn't be a mob to protect the 'funny' man.

What a pure scumbag. Plain and simple.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

What a pure scumbag. Plain and simple.

All the more reason for Dave 'Not ****ing funny' McSavage to be a bit more careful about who he stands around insulting.

Seriously, if I stood around Grafton St roaring abuse at people, I'd expect a few slaps.

I don't. Its called self preservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Dear Friends,
    Dave Mc Savage is a truly talented comiedian whos knowledge of irish humour knows no bounds, The way he makes foreign tourists feel so small and inadequate about themselves and the way irish humour is presented by him, is a trait to envious off. If there is a funnier person in Ireland.. The I would Like to meet them because....
    (wobble wobble wobble(LoanShark shakes his head))

Sorry about that I think I just got a touch of
    ima€untitiousandithinkeveryonelovemyhumour.. I think Dave mc Savage has the same condition.. But his is permanent:eek:

To be honest its about time someone battered the fun loving snot outta him..

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what was said TBH.

Yes it does. There's definitely a scale of whats acceptable to me.

You refusing me a seat I've no problem with. Some bloke saying my wife is "good looking" I've no real problem with. Some bloke calling her a fat **** (which she's not, in case she reads this) or telling her he'd rape her (which he's done to others) would probably get a reaction from me.

Bottom line for me is that if McSavage wasn't a total and utter twat looking to get reactions, he wouldn't have received the punch. Is voilence the way to deal with his scumbaggery? Probably not. Is there anybody to blame for this bar McSavage? No...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement