Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays Ibood: LG 22" LCD Monitor €170

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Got mine delivered by DPD yesterday morning just before I left for work (lucky!!!)

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but will when i get home. I had to get some cables and adapters so I could use it with my PS3. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Collected mine today from DPD. It actually arrived yesterday, got a note in the door from DPD saying there was no one at home when they arrived.

Cant wait to try it out later tonight when I get home.

Same for me, they tried to deliver today at 16h00 but of course no one was home, will be collected tomorrow from the depot...

Time for me to start building my Quad Core monster :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Picture quality is something else- its a bit odd that its all software via the PC- no controls on the monitor itself other than the on/off button. My EUR700 19" LCD Hansol has found a new home too- at the time I thought EUR700 was good value for a 19" LCD- how times change. That 19" had replaced an 80kg Siemens monster (24" diagnostics monitor). Degaussing was fun! Now all I have to do is try to track down my missing laptop memory.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

fyi got mine yesterday, wont get a chance to have a look till tom. someone post some pics up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Got mine up and running last night with the PS3. The picture quality looks great, excellent for games!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

smccarrick wrote: »
    Picture quality is something else- its a bit odd that its all software via the PC- no controls on the monitor itself other than the on/off button. My EUR700 19" LCD Hansol has found a new home too- at the time I thought EUR700 was good value for a 19" LCD- how times change. That 19" had replaced an 80kg Siemens monster (24" diagnostics monitor). Degaussing was fun! Now all I have to do is try to track down my missing laptop memory.......

Mine has a series of controls on the bottom left you sure yours has none?

Asok wrote: »

Feck- bet you I got a different model......
    Will post back later.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Baron Flyguy

Asok wrote: »

I have the same as you. Control located underneath bottom left corner.
    Also the top left of the screen says Flatron W2252TQ

smccarrick, what does the model number say on yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

Picked mine up yesterday, They're looking good baby! Happy that they came quicker than I anticipated, after all those delivery scare stories!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

mine arrived on Monday. Set up and running perfectly. and yes, it has a series of buttons underneath the bottom left of the frame. Picture is absolutely fantastic for movies and gaming (city of heroes never looked so good!)

• Advertisement

finally opened mine, looks class. its quite nice and big.

my pc had a white dvi connection out , so i tried using that but it doesnt work? would quality be better with the dvi ?

Placebo wrote: »
    finally opened mine, looks class. its quite nice and big.

my pc had a white dvi connection out , so i tried using that but it doesnt work? would quality be better with the dvi ?

Sometimes you might have to go into the graphics settings for the graphics card and specify DVI out, as opposed to VGA out (if its an older card).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

smccarrick wrote: »
    Feck- bet you I got a different model......
    Will post back later.

S.

Mine has the buttons on the bottom left too, how did you fare in the end?

MC

Mine has the buttons on the bottom left too, how did you fare in the end?

MC

Mine is the same- I just wasn't expecting to be hidden under the monitor :)
    I'm used to having the controls on open view- or on the top of the monitor- when I looked, I didn't immediately find them. Mea culpa!

i have them also, dont use them though, i like the software control
    Was watching film today , it was kinda like a TFT where it gets dark at certain angles :/
    anyway can get dvi working have a Geforce 6700, no settings for dvi

Advertisement