Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays Ibood: LG 22" LCD Monitor €170

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Qwerty? wrote: »
    I ordered a digital Panasonic camera at end of Aug from Ibood. It was stated 7 Day delivery, but only got it last week by 'An Post'.:(

I hope your monitor is delivered by courier instead.

iBood use TNT ... TNT are not just a courier!! they are the normal postal service in the Netherlands.

I never have an issue with delivery, usually take 2 - 3 days. I'd say An Post is the issue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i got one also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I have no problems seeing anything., Its on my laptop.

God bless your eyesight but that's a ludicrous resolution to use on a 15" screen, icons and text would be minuscule.

MC

ppl check their status ? mines STILL in progress !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Placebo wrote: »
    ppl check their status ? mines STILL in progress !

Doesn't mean anything.
    Some stuff I ordered in December of last year, and which I've had since early Feb, is still listed as being "in progress".
    They don't update the status page (ever as far as I can see.....)

• Advertisement

took them 2 months to deliver ? oh my

took them 2 months to deliver ? oh my

I've placed 16 orders with them since Oct 07- the longest delivery time was 10 weeks, the shortest 3 days. It varies greatly. If you're worried about your order you should e-mail them on: customerservice@ibood.com or call 0031-20-68-11-388 (quoting the order number in your confirmation e-mail).

thanks smc, i currently have a 21inch crt which is too big to fit anywhere, working off my dining table :/

thanks smc, i currently have a 21inch crt which is too big to fit anywhere, working off my dining table :/

I had a Philips 22" CRT which I acquired from the X-Ray Department in Vincents when they were upgrading their equipment. The picture is amazing on it- but its 72kg in weight- and needs a reinforced table (never mind 3 people to lift it).

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfullft.asp?productcode=ECE1522337#spec
    doesnt have the fancy curved bottom ooo-er
    and only 8000:1 contrast ratio but 174 euro
    W2242S/22" Silver LCD VGA tilt 5ms response time1680x1050 resolution 300cd/m2 brightness 8000:1 contrast ratio

Also only VGA in, no DVI

MC

• Advertisement

sent em an email

got this
    We can now confirm that your order has now been dispatched. We would like to
    provide you with a tracking code for this order, which can be inputted into
    the dpd.co.uk webpage. CODE:xxx

which doesnt work and then
    Dear iBOODian,

On the 24th of September you have ordered one or more LG 22” FLATRON Wide Format Series LCD Monitors.

Unfortunately a small number of the LCD Monitors were slightly delayed and will be delivered to you by the beginning of next week.

If you have already received your order, please ignore this e-mail.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and the extra delay.

If you have any questions regarding this, or any other orders, please contact us at customerservice@ibood.com and we will be happy to help you.

Best regards,

Customer service iBOOD.com

:confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

IBOOD delivery system = A Mess.

I've already said it above but it really isn't worth the few euros savings you make with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

God bless your eyesight but that's a ludicrous resolution to use on a 15" screen, icons and text would be minuscule.

MC

Dell also do 1920x1200 LCD's on 15" :-)
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?b=&c=ie&cs=iedhs1&kc=NRS15304&l=en&m_30=129878&oc=N10X5305&rbc=N10X5305&s=dhs

sent em an email

got this

which doesnt work and then

:confused::(

Same sh1té as always but the goods turn up... most of the time. :o

Got the same mail a few mins ago

MC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Yeah, thats common enough with their delivery. It's to hide the fact that it is pretty awful. Blame an Post all you want, but when they hand out tracking numbers hand over fist that dont work... well, be your own judge.

Still, as I've said before, if you ring em up and talk to someone you can usually expect your goods to arrive within 2-3 weeks of the phone conversation.

Several times I've been charged, no sign of items for weeks. When I eventually ring, in these cases, it is usually a case of "Oh, your credit card didnt clear right but... uhmm... yeah, we still have one in stock I can send you".

Be patient with Ibood and you'll be rewarded; if patience isnt your deal, then just move along and pay the extra few quid on some other site. Its a pretty simple trade-off imho and one that has worked out for me pretty well, thus far.

02 Oct 2008 parcel - dpd two day Forwarded to Athlone depot xxxxx
    Date Time Location Event Status
    02 Oct 2008 19:05 Hub Forwarded to Athlone depot
    02 Oct 2008 19:04 Hub Confirmed at Hub
    02 Oct 2008 19:04 Gateway Imported by international gateway, from DPD Group

can any1 make sense of this? so it was in athlone on thursday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

quarryman wrote: »
    IBOOD delivery system = A Mess.

I've already said it above but it really isn't worth the few euros savings you make with them.

Ah! It's worth it alright. Once you know delivery is slow. Have got a few bargains and they have always arrived. Patience is a virtue indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Mine arrived via DPD this morning, thank god the local DPD lads know my workplace cause thats just about all that was on it, Their online ordering system constantly cocks up my address but ah well.

Asok wrote: »
    Mine arrived via DPD this morning, thank god the local DPD lads know my workplace cause thats just about all that was on it, Their online ordering system constantly cocks up my address but ah well.

Mine hasn't turned up yet (despite an e-mail advising me delivery was imminent last Thursday) :(
    At least its not urgent......

Rang about my monitor, it is in th UK as of the 03/10/08 and got the tracking number for it with DPD, one thing to remember is to use the Netherlands site for entering your tracking code as the Irish site doesn't take letters in the code.

Happy days.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 fatasspigleaf

Just to put some minds at rest, mine was delivered this morning to where i live in dublin. Didnt have to ring about it but did get an email last week saying it was on it's way. Hope you guys get yours soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Last I've heard from iBood was this email last tuesday.
    Dear iBOODian,

On the 24th of September you have ordered one or more LG 22” FLATRON Wide Format Series LCD Monitors.

Unfortunately a small number of the LCD Monitors were slightly delayed and will be delivered to you by the beginning of next week.

If you have already received your order, please ignore this e-mail.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and the extra delay.

If you have any questions regarding this, or any other orders, please contact us at customerservice@ibood.com and we will be happy to help you.

Best regards,

Customer service iBOOD.com

Wahooo!!!!
    DPD have just turned up at the door with my monitor!
    Happy days!

S.

Last I've heard from iBood was this email last tuesday.

Got that mail too, call them, got thru first time and they answered all my questions and gave me the tracking number (in 3mins 02secs) which I had to figure out you had to enter it on the Netherlands DPD site as the Irish one said the number didn't exist as it had a letter in it.

Number is 00 31 206 811 388, they will answer in Dutch but immediately switch to English when you start to speak to them. Bedankt...

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

I rang them this afternoon, they werent able to provide me with a tracking number, but said that it has been shipped and should be delivered in a few days. Sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭iwhelan

Bought this monitoir, decided to cancel - called and they refunded me. My monitior arrived yesterday. Hrrrrrrm.

my tracking says its out to be delivered today - dublin
    :/

Collected mine today from DPD. It actually arrived yesterday, got a note in the door from DPD saying there was no one at home when they arrived.

Cant wait to try it out later tonight when I get home.

Collected mine today from DPD. It actually arrived yesterday, got a note in the door from DPD saying there was no one at home when they arrived.

Cant wait to try it out later tonight when I get home.

Make sure you install the driver CD that comes with it, before you mess around with your graphics settings. Also- I found the default settings best for regular use- but upped the blue/white and contrast for gaming in the dark :)

• Advertisement

smccarrick wrote: »
    Make sure you install the driver CD that comes with it, before you mess around with your graphics settings. Also- I found the default settings best for regular use- but upped the blue/white and contrast for gaming in the dark :)
    Thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement