Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3x01;02: The Second Coming; The Butterfly Effect **SPOILERS**

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

seraphimvc wrote: »
    4)the runner thief tells us speed can 'override' time/space?(i dont even know how to push this in a sentence)and let me put it this way ,if i am the runner ,i would just speed run to hiro(any time in any episodes) cut off his finger and back japan get the thing.crazy design of the safe and insane script.after few hours(or maybe less?) the thing get stolen,she is in paris,great,look at the world map please?

I think what happened there was that Hiro's power doesn't allow him to stop time completely, just to slow it down. So in slowing down normal time, the thief's speed was normalised, i.e, one power canceled the other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Really struggled to stay awake for these which is a pity. Like the new season of Prison break I'm just not feeling compelled to watch any more episodes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Quick question

If you can speed up, slow down and reverse time; how the hell can you not stop it?

Answer

Wizards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

madrab wrote: »
    Quick question

If you can speed up, slow down and reverse time; how the hell can you not stop it?

Answer

Wizards!

Hasn't found that button yet I guess!:rolleyes:

Wizards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

madrab wrote: »
    Overall i thought it was very "Meh"

The acting wasnt great, the story was way too convoluted
    how did the thief know that the safe would be open? why didnt people use their various powers? more silly time travel paradoxes? to name but a few

Meh indeed. passable at best so far.
    God i hope to fook that the return of BSG isnt as disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I couldn't have enjoyed the season premiere anymore. It had all the great special effects we’ve become accustomed to as well as the sheer shock value of the twists and turns in the, almost, convoluted plot.

I am really looking forward to watching the next episode as I know it is going to be awesome!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

good for a double bill, lots and lots and lots of stuff goin on

Nikki??? Lindeman?? WTF

hectic pace tho, and is peter's 'host' thebomb that destroys the planet?

I sid nathan would have the ability to heal himself because of Adams blood, does this mean that Noah has clairesability now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,022 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A little insight into the nikki wtf is given in 3x03.
    still doesnt make much sense, but its an improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Baldie wrote: »
    That's Sylars ability...

Quote from heroeswiki;

"Sylar's original ability is the power to determine exactly how things work. Sylar uses this innate ability to discover how to take the abilities of other evolved humans. He believes that Chandra Suresh is correct that the abilities are based in the brain, and several of Sylar's victims have had their skulls opened and brains removed. By studying their brains he is able to determine how their powers work and is able to replicate the abilities himself. "

Yeah but Mohinder has proven his father wrong in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

BArra wrote: »
    a cockroach? lol

well spotted.
    a cockroach would fit in with the symbology

• Advertisement

DeadParrot wrote: »
    well spotted.
    a cockroach would fit in with the symbology
    In the film Boondock Saints, symbology appears in dialogue as a misusage or malapropism. The FBI agent Paul Smecker, played by Willem Dafoe, chastises a police detective he is working with for using the word symbology. The implication is that he is irked by the officer's statement because he sees symbology as a malapropism for the word symbolism. The dialogue is as follows:
    DETECTIVE: So, what's the symbology there?SMECKER: Symbology?...Now that Duffy has relinquished his king bonehead crown, I see we have an heir to the throne. I'm sure the word you were looking for was symbolism. What is the sssssymbolism there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭Talisman

oleras wrote: »
    Good season premiers. Looking forward to the rest of them.

And WTF ? Angela Petrelli :
    Sylars real mother ?
    I think that Angela Petrelli has the Power of Suggestion, just like Parkman's power evolved from reading minds to planting thoughts in peoples minds. She tried something similar with Parkman during one of the interrogation scenes in season 2 : "You don't want to ask me that question". She was planting the idea in Sylar's subconcious that she is his mother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

just thinkin, will Mohinder turn into Uluru from the first 9th wonder comic drawn by Mystery Sock

seraphimvc wrote: »
    the drama is going down hill:S

1)the first thing you wanna do is go kill your brother??ok,superheroes dont like to talk i get it
    Writers Guild of America strike. By the time news broke they had about 3 episodes to film/re-write that would wrap up everything they wanted to do in Volume 2 with twice as many episodes as they ended up having AND they had to plant a cliffhanger in there for good inter-season effect. Yeah, they were kind of foolish not to split the volume like BSG did with Season 4, but the reviews for Volume 2 were bad enough as it is: they wanted to FW through it.
    2)ok so sylar get stunned for a sec and you start running away from him,after everything happened from 2 seasons ,claire ,you've done a great job.the scenes are badly done too
    Agreed. It got good when he sliced her open finally though.
    3)again you caught sylar and keep him alive.i .dont .get. it.
    well they had no way of killing him by that stage.
    4)the runner thief tells us speed can 'override' time/space?(i dont even know how to push this in a sentence)and let me put it this way ,if i am the runner ,i would just speed run to hiro(any time in any episodes) cut off his finger and back japan get the thing.crazy design of the safe and insane script.after few hours(or maybe less?) the thing get stolen,she is in paris,great,look at the world map please?

It was classic comic book timing imo. Beside that Hiro doesnt freeze time he slows it. Im no relativity expert but if you Freeze time Im pretty sure that prevents you from manipulating objects in space that are frozen in time.
    5)mohinder lol

He always wanted them. His and his fathers work was surrounded in romanticising evolution, the power of flight, enhanced senses and strength. He never saw it as a bad thing. Yes, there were bad people, but good people with the right talents could be capable of great things. He was thinking Super Soldier/Captain America.

No major plotholes that I can think of but Ive blocked out most of Volume 2. The vast majority get contained within a single episode and have no impact on future events. One of the biggest is from early volume 1 where they were setting up Sylar's character to be a tortured and religious soul. Fortunately, they dropped this requirement and must have gave quinto wide leverage to develop the character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

After watching the 2episodes now i think it is time to comment!

Not bad, i do think it is moving too fast, and i was watching it hugely confused as to what happened at the end of season2.
    Mya totally changed character in this season.

However really enjoying the comic book not making much sense go with the flow of it at the moment!

While maybe not season1 its certainly getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

FX Meister wrote: »
    Clare being chased by Sylar in her house, he can't even open a screen door yet can through her against a wall with his mind. Come on.
    It's Sylar. He was playing with her. He spent a good chunk of season 1 just ****ing around with people before killing them. They have to give the classical sadist, arrogant, tell-everyone-your-world-domination-plans, bad guy persona.
    I sid nathan would have the ability to heal himself because of Adams blood, does this mean that Noah has clairesability now too?
    Blood is recycled continually by the body. It's fair to say that if you don't have the ability to create regenerating blood yourself, then the effect is only short-term. Hence why he actually died after being shot.

Advertisement