Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Size Matter?

Options
  • 22-09-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Without meaning to sound too crude, how important is the size of a man's dick to you girls? If you met a really great guy who ticked all your boxes but he had a tiny dick, would it put you off seeing him again?

Personally, a bad kisser or a tiny dick is a deal breaker for me. I just lose any romantic interest. It's very important to me. It doesn't have to be huge, just nice and thick.

Sorry if this has been done before, it relates to me personally at the moment and I'm feeling a little shallow!! Might aswell be honest about it though..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

Beetlebum wrote: »
    Hey,

Without meaning to sound too crude, how important is the size of a man's dick to you girls? If you met a really great guy who ticked all your boxes but he had a tiny dick, would it put you off seeing him again?

Personaaly, a bad kisser or a tuny dick is a deal breaker for me. I just lose any romantic interest. It's very important to me. It doesn't have to be huge, just nice and thick.

Sorry if this has been done before, it relates to me personally at the moment and I'm feeling a little shallow!! Might aswell be honest about it though..

People shouldn't bust your chops too much, at least you're honest! And if it matters to you, shallow or not, then it's an issue you must address. If this guys tiny lad a'int doing it for you then fair enough. I wouldn't go out with a girl if I didn't like her body as well. Sex is important!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Carturo wrote: »
    People shouldn't bust your chops too much, at least you're honest! And if it matters to you, shallow or not, then it's an issue you must address. If this guys tiny lad a'int doing it for you then fair enough. I wouldn't go out with a girl if I didn't like her body as well. Sex is important!

Thank you, I feel better now!

I met a really cool guy over the weekend and we had great fun out in town together. He's great taste in music and films, he is smart and funny but when we were messing around I was really disappointed. I've known him for a few weeks so I'd still love to be friends with him but any sexual attraction was lost for me the minute I felt (or barely felt) his lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Big difference between not liking how someone's body looks when they're otherwise great and a tiny penis - yes, that would be a problem for me. It's nothing to do with how it looks, it's how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

It's good you're upfront about this, and no, you shouldn't feel shallow. At the end of the day, sex is a very integral part of a relationship, and that depends on physical attraction. If two people aren't attracted, they won't have a full relationship.
    All IMHO, of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's not the size it's the fit.
    Men and women come in a range of sizes and fits when it comes to genitals.
    There is such a things as, too small, too large, too thin, too thick, too curved, too straight, too big a head, too small a head, too long, too short when it comes to cock and a whole range of varibles when it comes the vagina.

There is no such thing as the generic perfect cóck or cúnt, oh and don't for get sex is a LOT more then just intercourse.

Funnily enough if you were more phyically shallow he might be able to do it for you :)
    There are excerises and positions which can help but if it's not working for you and you are now turned off by him then
    it's not working or going to be likely to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

Thank you, I feel better now!

I met a really cool guy over the weekend and we had great fun out in town together. He's great taste in music and films, he is smart and funny but when we were messing around I was really disappointed. I've known him for a few weeks so I'd still love to be friends with him but any sexual attraction was lost for me the minute I felt (or barely felt) his lad!

:pac:
    Ah well better luck next time! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Frankly, it depends on if he's a good lover or not.

I was once with a guy who was really under-endowed God bless him, but he was such a great lover that I was really suprised! I mean, this guy really put the effort in. He was really passionate. He really enjoyed his work! :D It was suprisingly fun.

But unfortunately it doesn't sound like your new guy really made that impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

trio wrote: »
    Frankly, it depends on if he's a good lover or not.

I was once with a guy who was really under-endowed God bless him, but he was such a great lover that I was really suprised! I mean, this guy really put the effort in. He was really passionate. He really enjoyed his work! :D It was suprisingly fun.

But unfortunately it doesn't sound like your new guy really made that impression.

No, he really didn't. It's a bit of a shame cause he's such a cool guy. It was just a bit awkward and I know that can happen as you're getting to know each other but it felt amateur, like he was nervous. We didn't even end up having sex cause I lost all interest. I know that sounds mean but it's just the way I felt. Ah well, plenty more men to try on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Shame about how your feelings shifted but suppose it can't be helped the way you feel.

Being honest, wouldn't expect much of a friendship to develop once you tell him you're not romantically interested in him. For me anyway they rarely work out, but ya never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe you have a enormous vagina, and it takes a BIG COCK to satisify you - is that whats wrong with ya?!?! is it?

It could be like "throwing a sausage up o Connell St" with you for most men!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Meh,

Tools are only as good as the carpenter using them;)

Though some men just are ridiculously small,and it doesn't matter what they do, the situation is hopeless.

At least if hes big you can coach him:p

Regardless of size some men are just innately crap lovers tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭half pint

I'm sorry but it is the back breaker for me (I wish :D).

If it's too small then it really doesn't matter if he is a greek god when it comes to foreplay, we are ment to be building up to something mind blowing and in the end I dont even want to blow my nose!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Out of curiosity, what size we talking here? o.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'd only view EXTREMELY tiny as problematic - as in, barely visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭half pint

Will wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what size we talking here? o.0

Em I suppose it depends on the size of wimminz, ah, down there bits:o

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Hey,

Personally, a bad kisser or a tiny dick is a deal breaker for me. I just lose any romantic interest. It's very important to me. It doesn't have to be huge, just nice and thick.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055258021&highlight=size+matter

You might find some interesting replies here. The answer was a resounding yes but it related to all physical aspects, not just penis size.

For me personally, allow me to quote Mr Big 'Absofuckinglutely'!

I'm no size queen but realistically, if you can't feel it, forget it.
    I was with a bloke once, MAD about him, he made me so horny but it didn't work cos I couldn't feel a thing and thanks to the Kegel exercises, it's not like I've a bucket down there!
    I think with men (WARNING: huge generalisation approaching!) it doesn't matter if they prefer big boobs or small ass and you don't match up, they're just so happy to be in you that the rest is all gravy.
    With women though, you need to have the sensation or else it's just some bothersome man grunting away on you.
    Just my 2c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

5 inches is the average size, less then that and the cervix won't be bumped during sex but some women don't like that. Less then 3 inches and chances are the g spot won't be stimulated or most of the cluster of nerve endings around the entrance.

If a guys' cóck is smaller then his index and middle finger put together then there might be an issue alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I hate to go against the general trend here, but it absolutely matters to me. I think it's a little like men and tatas- some like big, some like small, most really don't care about the breasts more than the woman. But then I'm sure some would find incredibly small ones to be a dealbreaker, and that how I feel about peens. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I think with men (WARNING: huge generalisation approaching!) it doesn't matter if they prefer big boobs or small ass and you don't match up, they're just so happy to be in you that the rest is all gravy.
    With women though, you need to have the sensation or else it's just some bothersome man grunting away on you.
    Just my 2c!

You seem to be under the impression that sensation is not an issue for men and that the sheer fact that we are getting laid should be enough?

This is simply not the case.

I am by no means a small guy, but I have been with women where the sensation of "being inside them" was never going to be enough simply because of the shape and and dept of their vagina.

It was literally a case of looking down at myself, then back at them and saying "Well, it's not me, it's you".:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

PillyPen wrote: »
    I hate to go against the general trend here,
    You're not, the general answer to the question is "yes" from what I can tell.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

First off, don't try to be his mate. Baaaad plan. Scrape him off and he'll find someone else.

Willy size. Of course it matters. We have the biggest willy in relation to body mass of all the higher primates, so chances are good women in the distant past selected for that. It's how much it matters and at what size it matters. Now there's the usual answer that the vagina has only got nerves for the first two inches or so and thats dandy an all, but lets face it if that's all there was then women wouldn't even notice a bigger one.

Also women are not great at judging distance. hell without a ruler men aren't either, so there's no point asking for measurements. A 6" to one woman who has only had 5 inchers is a big one, whereas to a woman used to an 8 incher it may prove to be a disappointment. Though if she's not a size queen the 6 may actually prove more useful. I would say there are just three measurements, 1) ah bugger:(, 2) that feels nice, 3) Jesus! get away from me!

A bigger one(within reason) is more likely to trigger different sensations and different orgasms etc. Now if the guy is useless in the sack then size is not issue, but as was pointed out he can be taught. If it's tiny, he can be the greatest lover on earth but when it comes to the crunch he may lose out if the woman is intercourse driven. Quite a few are.

As for women and different vagina sizes, I've not come across(ooh er missus) much of a diff tbh. An individual woman can vary depending on many things more than two different women. Maybe I've been very lucky but have never encountered a welly boot. They've been a little more snug or a little less snug but that's about it and I wouldn't be huge by any means.

Some women are more size queens than others. It's their thing and fair enough. I think if it queers the deal for the OP then that's her right. If I did end up with an otherwise lovely woman and she had an aforementioned welly top and there was little that could be done, I would if I'm honest be the same as you OP.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Hey,

I would have thought that would help in the situation..

joking aside, that does sound shallow and unfair to me. Imagine what you did to that poor guys self esteem. unless he is dense out, you might as well have taken his pants off and just laughed at him. what if he had nearly gone all the way with you and then refused and called you disgusting because you had stretch marks on your hips or thighs?

and im not comically huge but if i try to get all the way into my girlfriend, it hurts her. which is not ideal, but because we like each other, its not really any bone of contention. happier to have a relationship with someone I like, than someone who can deepthroat me all day long.

karlr42 wrote: »
    You're not, the general answer to the question is "yes" from what I can tell.:)

I gathered it doesn't matter from most of them? Ahh, we need a poll!!

mawk wrote: »

joking aside, that does sound shallow and unfair to me. Imagine what you did to that poor guys self esteem. unless he is dense out, you might as well have taken his pants off and just laughed at him. what if he had nearly gone all the way with you and then refused and called you disgusting because you had stretch marks on your hips or thighs?

and im not comically huge but if i try to get all the way into my girlfriend, it hurts her. which is not ideal, but because we like each other, its not really any bone of contention. happier to have a relationship with someone I like, than someone who can deepthroat me all day long.

I think if someone is getting sexy with someone else, then finds something that renders the other person unattractive, they shouldn't carry on with the sex for fear of being rude. Sure, they don't have to actually tell the other person why, and it would be slightly awkward to get out of it, but if I had sex with someone I lost interest in before it happened I'd feel pretty cheap tbh.

Edit: Lolz at bone of contention, how appropriate!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well for a start she didn't laugh at him and stretch marks regardless of how you might regard them are not functional in whether you have an orgasm or not. A microwilly would be.

and im not comically huge but if i try to get all the way into my girlfriend, it hurts her. which is not ideal, but because we like each other, its not really any bone of contention.
    Bone of contention??? Oh God. Sorry I'll get my coat. :D
    happier to have a relationship with someone I like, than someone who can deepthroat me all day long.
    Yes but if you're hitting that spot you're hitting that spot. Simple as. If you could barely get in at al or she couldn't feel anything or you couldn't feel anything then it would be a bone of contention I suspect.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I don't think it's being shallow really, I know if I was in the same situation and suddenly found out the girl had tiny boobs/rolls of flab/covered in flea bites or whatever I'd probably be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

I hate to go against the general trend here, but it absolutely matters to me. I think it's a little like men and tatas- some like big, some like small, most really don't care about the breasts more than the woman. But then I'm sure some would find incredibly small ones to be a dealbreaker, and that how I feel about peens. :D

Ah you'll have to say now that you like small willies just to be different!:p

I think we're all in agreement that there's no point when its like throwing a sausage down o'connell street!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I dumped a bird once cos she had no tits once so you can be as shallow as you like as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I gathered it doesn't matter from most of them? Ahh, we need a poll!!

Now that just says a mouthful .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

SetantaL wrote: »
    I dumped a bird once cos she had no tits once so you can be as shallow as you like as far as I'm concerned.

Did she have socks in her bra when you met her but only upon taking it off you discovered that she'd no tits?:D

Advertisement