Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Gatso Vans

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

SC024 wrote: »

Is there actually someone inside while thats left there?

Yes....the operator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Yes....the operator

.......drinking tea, picking his nose, just shooting fish in a barrell.

Like they park them down my way in an area where there's no school, no accident blackspot and no real real reason other than to make a heap of cash in as short a period as possible. Total money making exercise and anyone from any Dept who says different is full of sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭SC024

So there not automatic?

It would be very interesting to actually see figures for each gatso van, how many tickets sent out as against cost of van...

So there not automatic?

It would be very interesting to actually see figures for each gatso van, how many tickets sent out as against cost of van...

It probably is automatic, but there's a tool in there getting a wage for doing fcuk all.
    Re; Figures, I too would like to see figures.
    But to be honest all those new vans are well paid off for by now lashing out tickets @ €80 a pop.:eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

So there not automatic?

Partly automatic. Still needs someone to monitor the process and make sure the regs are correct.
    It probably is automatic, but there's a tool in there getting a wage for doing fcuk all.
    Re; Figures, I too would like to see figures.
    But to be honest all those new vans are well paid off for by now lashing out tickets @ €80 a pop.:eek::confused:

Real mature post, you must be a big boy now. Im not going to reply to that post or your post before it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

Yes....the operator

What a waste of a members time

Once again the Gardai highlight their unprofessional and shooting fish in a barrel contemptible attitude.

The mis-use of Gatso's "Tallivans" "Cashvans" or whatever other derogotary term of abuse for the waste of tax payers money by useless "policing" these vans highlight is well deserved.

It is about time that traffic policing is removed from the failed methods the unprofessional Gardai use and it is taken into the hands of publicly accountable ownership.

The public and only the public should have the right to instruct the public servants (i.e. the Gardai) as to where is an appropriate place to site the Gatso's etc

I will only give my support for them when I see them outside of Schools, hospitals, Pubs, hazardous bends etc on an on going basis by Gardai.

Otherwise the Gardai will continue to be held in contempt by all road users

Real mature post, you must be a big boy now. Im not going to reply to that post or your post before it.

You just did?:rolleyes: ohhh, the irony of it all.......and it seems the truth hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

anyone know if the "operator" in the new gatso vans has any discresion as to whether to print the ticket or not? I was heading out the chapelizod road at 11pm on saturday and the new van was parked up just after it goes from 60 to 80km sign. i was doing about 63 or 64km in the 60zone on my speedo but my speedo registers over by about the same.... as the sat nav usually registers 112kph when the car speedo says i am doing 120kph. should I just expect the ticket in the post?

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭jmck87

...Partly automatic. Still needs someone to monitor the process and make sure the regs are correct.

:pac: thats hilarious...monitor the process...what a waste of 'limited' resources :rolleyes:

But sure the bosses did their cost benefit analysis and im sure they could justify 10 members in the van and still rake it in :pac:

indeed, saw one the other morning on the M7 approaching citywest near the Avoca Store (its there a lot) - cleaning up it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

anyone know if the "operator" in the new gatso vans has any discresion as to whether to print the ticket or not? I was heading out the chapelizod road at 11pm on saturday and the new van was parked up just after it goes from 60 to 80km sign. i was doing about 63 or 64km in the 60zone on my speedo but my speedo registers over by about the same.... as the sat nav usually registers 112kph when the car speedo says i am doing 120kph. should I just expect the ticket in the post?

thanks.

I'd say you'd be ok. You don't think you were much over, and think your speedo reads a little high, you'll probably be fine.

I spent the last 6, nearly 7 weeks worrying after passing a gatso doing between 105 and 110 in a 100 zone. I recently passed one of those signs that shows your speed, and it was showing 40, when my speedo was showing between 45 and 50, so with the % discression you often hear about, we'll probably both be fine. Hopefully I would have heard by now if I was snagged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

hopefully i should be ok. i think it can take 4 to 6 weeks to get the letter in the post unless they have become superefficent.

unless they have become superefficent.

no fear.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

no fear.:pac:

Do you think I could still receive something? I passed the gatso on the weekend of 1st June (whatever date the Sunday was).

No, relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

This might be useful in this thread

http://www.irishspeedtraps.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

bluefinger wrote: »
    This might be useful in this thread

http://www.irishspeedtraps.com/
    Please read the charter and don't resurrect old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement