Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Nocturnal Interests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I love football and music.

That's pretty much all there is to me. Football and music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Stand-up comedy and pro wrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

orestes - the masked bandito :D

ah good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I like sports. I watch rugby and soccer. Play soccer on occasion (played on a team for 8 years form 8 til I was 16). I go running often.

I like a huge amount of music. Was purely into various forms of rock and some metal for a while. Now I've branched out to a lot of electronic music, both experimental and dance. I love clubbing (not the usual, modern commercial variety, but nights when they play good dance music), which is essentially nocturnal, but I don't feel it fits in with the gothic-style nocturnal vibe in this forum.

Firm atheist with no interest in anything spiritual, occultish, paganish or other supernatural stuff that may be associated with nocturnalism. I like embracing life for what it is.

Emmm.. when I started to go to bed earlier and get up earlier, I felt a lot better than I did when I stayed up all night online and then stayed in bed all day.

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Emmm.. when I started to go to bed earlier and get up earlier, I felt a lot better than I did when I stayed up all night online and then stayed in bed all day.

Blasphemy! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I like sports. I watch rugby and soccer. Play soccer on occasion (played on a team for 8 years form 8 til I was 16). I go running often.

I like a huge amount of music. Was purely into various forms of rock and some metal for a while. Now I've branched out to a lot of electronic music, both experimental and dance. I love clubbing (not the usual, modern commercial variety, but nights when they play good dance music), which is essentially nocturnal, but I don't feel it fits in with the gothic-style nocturnal vibe in this forum.

Firm atheist with no interest in anything spiritual, occultish, paganish or other supernatural stuff that may be associated with nocturnalism. I like embracing life for what it is.

I gotta ask the question brah, do you look down or have a superior attitude towards "spiritual" people? I'm not referring to pople you may have had a heated argument with, just someone who respectfully disagrees with you and does not rant, do you look down on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I am the stereotype,and then some!

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I gotta ask the question brah, do you look down or have a superior attitude towards "spiritual" people? I'm not referring to pople you may have had a heated argument with, just someone who respectfully disagrees with you and does not rant, do you look down on them?
    I find it baffling more than anything, but I don't start debates about it with people who don't want to debate the subject.

And I suppose, in principle, I have difficulty taking someone who believes in something imaginary with no proof seriously, but in reality, it tends to be such an isolated part of someone's personality that it's of little consequence, so I tend to just ignore it.

*flaps wings angrily* enough of that talk here sir. You want to make fun of,ahem,i mean debate religion,take it to their forums.

*adds "Upsetting Nerin" to list :)

• Advertisement

*adds "Upsetting Nerin" to list :)

you'd know if i was upset ;) he he

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I love to juggle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Am let me see, I do karate use to be addicted to it , then broke my shoulder so took some time out, hard to get back into it!

I like having dance off's with my lil bro , ha its fun!

and watching cop shows on tv! loves it me do, and when i watch tv , i love nothing better and sitting right up close to the tv on the floor , like i used to when i was younger! and love watching cartoons

And I LOVE sliding on timber floors , can walk down the hall @ home got to slide cause im cool!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Will wrote: »
    How much do you weigh? o.0

I can squat my own weight, almost kills me though... 100kilos

about 15 stone :p

emo!! wrote: »
    Am let me see, I do karate use to be addicted to it , then broke my shoulder so took some time out, hard to get back into it!

I like having dance off's with my lil bro , ha its fun!

and watching cop shows on tv! loves it me do, and when i watch tv , i love nothing better and sitting right up close to the tv on the floor , like i used to when i was younger! and love watching cartoons

And I LOVE sliding on timber floors , can walk down the hall @ home got to slide cause im cool!:cool:

Heh heh, dance offs.:DDoes whoever wins get to say to the loser "you've just been served"?!?!:pac:

Whoever wins gets total respect from the other person , and the sky remote:p , he is also not into high fives anymore , it now "skin" it where hit your two fisst together! i <3 having a little brother, keeps me down with the word on the street "word":cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

hmmmm.....

i have a mild obsession with shoes.... and clothes....
    and i love to sing.
    like dancing too... lots...

Nerin wrote: »
    I am the stereotype,and then some!

What's the stereotype?:p:D
    Originally posted by emo!!
    Whoever wins gets total respect from the other person , and the sky remotetongue.gif , he is also not into high fives anymore , it now "skin" it where hit your two fisst together! i <3 having a little brother, keeps me down with the word on the street "word"cool.gif

Hargh hargh:pac: I learn new slang from Apatow films, my latest one is "stick your sorry's in a sack brah", I know, I'm totally cool.:P:D
    Originally posted by all the stars
    hmmmm.....

i have a mild obsession with shoes.... and clothes....
    and i love to sing.
    like dancing too... lots...

Heh heh, another one who likes serving people in dance offs.:D

Hargh hargh:pac: I learn new slang from Apatow films, my latest one is "stick your sorry's in a sack brah", I know, I'm totally cool.:P:D

Heh heh, another one who likes serving people in dance offs.:D

hahah sooo robbing that line ! your cool:cool:

dances off's are the new in thing, kinda like parkour a few years ago! :P

emo!! wrote: »
    hahah sooo robbing that line ! your cool:cool:

dances off's are the new in thing, kinda like parkour a few years ago! :P

I don't know what that is.:o:P

• Advertisement

I don't know what that is.:o:P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

and the youtube , cant upload it for some reason
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jquXcwooV6A

alltho my version was somewhat more uncool, besides i live in the country lioke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Ah! Yes of course, why didn't I think of this sooner!

I used to dance, hip hop, latin, jazz and (attempt) breakdance... :D

Oh god, who had to bring up the dancing?

Eight years of ballroom & latin american. Oh yeah, I'm cool :cool: :pac:

Is Nocturnal the secret boards society for dancers?:confused::p If so, I've got 2 years experience of ballroom, 3 years of tap and 8 years modern dance. :pac:

Oh and Lolly break dancing, what I would pay to see that!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I do very very little tbh :(
    I have a guitar but can't play it. I have a bass but I only know the basics.
    I have a deck of tarot cards but never learned how to read them.
    I've bought loads of CD's and books that I have still not listened to or read.

My parents have told me that even when I was a baby, I would just sit there doing nothing for ages and not care.

I do love music and hope to eventually play guitar and bass properly.
    Other than that, I love watching TV.
    On top of the normal programmes (sitcoms and dramas) I love watching quiz shows. Have recently become addicted to Countdown! I was very proud of myself one time when I spotted two eight letter words that Susie Dent failed to spot (she only got 7 - HA!) I was a bit too pleased with myself, it was kinda pathetic :o

I'm not particularly sporty - I follow football results but I don't watch a lot of matches. And I can't play it to save my life. I used do Tae Kwon Do and got to blue-tag grade, but gave it up because I didn't find any benefits.
    The only sport I really enjoy playing and watching is tennis.

That's enough rabble I think...

I do very very little tbh :(
    I have a guitar but can't play it. I have a bass but I only know the basics.
    I have a deck of tarot cards but never learned how to read them.
    I've bought loads of CD's and books that I have still not listened to or read.

My parents have told me that even when I was a baby, I would just sit there doing nothing for ages and not care.

I do love music and hope to eventually play guitar and bass properly.
    Other than that, I love watching TV.
    On top of the normal programmes (sitcoms and dramas) I love watching quiz shows. Have recently become addicted to Countdown! I was very proud of myself one time when I spotted two eight letter words that Susie Dent failed to spot (she only got 7 - HA!) I was a bit too pleased with myself, it was kinda pathetic :o

I'm not particularly sporty - I follow football results but I don't watch a lot of matches. And I can't play it to save my life. I used do Tae Kwon Do and got to blue-tag grade, but gave it up because I didn't find any benefits.
    The only sport I really enjoy playing and watching is tennis.

That's enough rabble I think...

That's not pathetic!:eek: The best I mostly come up with are 4 letter words, 5 if I'm on form.:pac:

I'd love to know bass. I would just sit around for hours doing the bass bits from Seinfeld!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

That's not pathetic!:eek: The best I mostly come up with are 4 letter words, 5 if I'm on form.:pac:

Lol, it wasn't finding the words that was pathetic. It was how proud out I was of myself that was pathetic! :)
    I often miss obvious long words. It can be very frustrating :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

drinking!1 i love dirnking alochol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Oh and Lolly break dancing, what I would pay to see that!:D

Button it Liz! :p
    Will wrote: »
    drinking!1 i love dirnking alochol

Hahaha William, you legend ;)

• Advertisement