Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Nocturnal Interests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I just started trying a MMORPG for the the first time.

I'm hooked.
    Horribly addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Trust me, MMOs are a BAD thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

whats an mmmporg?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

massively multiplayer online role playing game.

• Advertisement

like wow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I just started trying a MMORPG for the the first time.

I'm hooked.
    Horribly addictive.

Get out now. Seriously. Don't do this.
    eVeNtInE wrote: »

Please don't.
    Trust me, MMOs are a BAD thing.

Listen to her words of wisdom.
    like wow?

Indeed. WoW'd be the pre-eminent example of the genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

Indeed. WoW'd be the pre-eminent example of the genre.

ah cool always wanted to play it but im cheap and not that bothered

Dear God no! :p

If it was WoW, avoid it like the plague.

It's fun, you could meet some amazing people, I know I did, but it's just too much.

• Advertisement

ah it just looks like something id like

sure sims 3 is coming out
    cant wait!

Oh it can be amazing.

I know I sure liked it once upon a time. But then that was the problem. :rolleyes:

ah it just looks like something id like

sure sims 3 is coming out
    cant wait!
    spore is infinitely cooler than sims. and it's made by the same dude.

never heard of it.
    how do ya play it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

you control a species...and make it evolve...apparrantley there's 500,000 planets in the whole game you can explore

you basically start of with designing this little piece of bacteria, and you watch it grow.

i haven't played it myself but have seen it, looks really good.

i'm a big fan of Will Wright games especially Sim City.

fun times

ya just buy the disk ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

yup yup:)

good good ill look into that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

im an on off in here only been in here a few times tho...

but what do i do when im not up at this hour......
    I like dance music snowboarding windsurfing, cooking, surfing the net, Skate shoe's fasion, skateing bmx's....women :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Get out now. Seriously. Don't do this.

I know.

It's becoming like South Park, me and my friends are texting and ringing to ensure we're at the same place etc etc.

But dammit, it's horribly fun.

You playing Warhammer Online?

Seriously though, trust me and Joe when we say that MMOs are a really, really bad thing. I had a lot of fun with WoW, but there comes a point when the game just gets really, really insane in terms of the time commitment required to go further.

You playing Warhammer Online?

Seriously though, trust me and Joe when we say that MMOs are a really, really bad thing. I had a lot of fun with WoW, but there comes a point when the game just gets really, really insane in terms of the time commitment required to go further.

I do miss the days in WSG the odd time. Often enough protecting my pvp-hating ex girlfriend. Oh for those days. :pac:

But yeah, it's just insanity of the highest order. It can cost you jobs, relationships, college years (*whistles innocently*)

I do miss the days in WSG the odd time. Often enough protecting my pvp-hating ex girlfriend. Oh for those days. :pac:
    WSG was good times... I remember one really fun one with your rogue trying to kill my paladin while my toon was running the flag :pac:

*shuts up*

WSG was good times... I remember one really fun one with your rogue trying to kill my paladin while my toon was running the flag :pac:

*shuts up*

I used to love it when people would create a character on the server was on just to insult me. Always brought a warm little glow to my heart.

I was alright at the oul pvp lark once upon a time. At least when I didn't have to protect people. :pac:

And yoikes, how nerdy are we? ^^

And yoikes, how nerdy are we? ^^
    I don't think I can ever escape my nerdiness. :pac:

I don't think I can ever escape my nerdiness. :pac:

WoW-nostalgia's a bad sign, isn't it? :pac:

I use Football Manager in the same way a heroin addict uses Methodone. It's bloody awful to get out of the habit. And the amount of people I've seen relapse.

Hands up if you've seen people lose relationships/college courses/school grades/jobs to play a game. *raises hand* :P

It is a bad sign... doesn't help that an old friend was on MSN today talking about how he'd just cleared Karazhan for the first time!

I've almost given up on playing anything since I quit WoW, I've played some Trauma Center on the Wii and replayed a couple of old GBA games (Metroid Zero Mission and Astro Boy) on my DS, but that's about it. I get really bored really quickly with a lot of games now!

And I've a couple of terrible grades on my record that are a direct result of playing too much WoW - and tbh that's incredibly embarrassing.

It is a bad sign... doesn't help that an old friend was on MSN today talking about how he'd just cleared Karazhan for the first time!

I've almost given up on playing anything since I quit WoW, I've played some Trauma Center on the Wii and replayed a couple of old GBA games (Metroid Zero Mission and Astro Boy) on my DS, but that's about it. I get really bored really quickly with a lot of games now!

And I've a couple of terrible grades on my record that are a direct result of playing too much WoW - and tbh that's incredibly embarrassing.

I've a failed relationship. :pac: (Her fault, not mine, before anyone asks. :pac:)

I dunno, I've lost a lot of enthusiasm too. Just playing the TW games a bit every now and then, and the laptop has Pro Ev and FM on it. And the EA Rugby game but I can't find the disk for that. :p

Still, I've given up on most of my gaming.

And don't mention Kara, I've happy memories of there I don't ever want to remember. :p

• Advertisement

Ah well - the way I see it is that the money I'm not spending on games now can go on some new clothes for me :pac:

Hell - if I do want to play anything, I have a fine selection of classic Nintendo consoles anyway. And Zelda. Sweet sweet Zelda.

This is really starting to sound like Gamers Anonymous!

Advertisement