Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Nocturnal Interests

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I shall never tan, for I am a ginger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Absolutely not! My mother is religious and I still love her! :D Im not a fan of Hitchens bulldog attitude. Im more of a Dawkins! ;)

I'm confused dude.:p Like respective religions have their fundamentalists, Dawkins is a fundamentalist for Atheism.:pac:
    Originally posted by MizzLolly
    Lads, I have a confession.....

I work outdoors... in the daylight.. *gasp* *SHOCK* *horror* eek.gif

I read Tarot/Angel Cards

I got a tan this summer.. redface.gif

*runs away from this Lolly-ist thread*

Blasphemah!!!!!:mad::p Why are you running away? You're always running away!:(

And if a Nocturnalite told me they read Angel/ Tarot cards, it wouldn't surprise me.:pac::D

Dolorous wrote: »
    I shall never tan, for I am a ginger.

Daywalker!!:mad::pac: Just kidding dude, I'm pale with rosey cheeks, the Sun doesn't like me either.:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Rider Waite (clone)

It's what the punters want to see :)

Always had a fondness for the hermetic deck meself.

*waits for aounds of shock*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'm confused dude.:p Like respective religions have their fundamentalists, Dawkins is a fundamentalist for Atheism.:pac:

I wouldnt say Dawkins is a fundamentalist. A fundamentalist is someone who will never change their mind even when faced with evidence that proves them wrong. Richard has said many times that if he was shown strong evidence for the existence of god he would be proven wrong. Hitchens is a bit of a fundie though!:rolleyes:

Anyhow, theres allready many threads on this subject! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Been reading the golden dawn book, but still v new to it :-/

Will wrote: »
    Been reading the golden dawn book, but still v new to it :-/

DAMN JOO CROWLEY!!!

Don't understand a lot of it, just have a passing interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Daywalker!!:mad::pac: Just kidding dude, I'm pale with rosey cheeks, the Sun doesn't like me either.:pac:

Nah, Daywalkers are the kind who can go in the sun without too much trouble. The last time I tried it, I actually disintegrated :( That was embarrassing for all concerned.

I is a daywalker but nobody fooks with me :D bwahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I love musicals and old movies

I have been nicknamed a "walking talking IMDB"

Love Motown music too! And lots of other styles as well. I is a music whore :cool:

Like watching International Rugby, get very vocal and shout a lot

I like watching my dogs run around the beach like lunatics

I have a scary patience for researching things, including holidays and my latest project, my family tree

Alicat wrote: »
    I love musicals and old movies

I have been nicknamed a "walking talking IMDB"

Love Motown music too! And lots of other styles as well. I is a music whore :cool:

Like watching International Rugby, get very vocal and shout a lot

I like watching my dogs run around the beach like lunatics

I have a scary patience for researching things, including holidays and my latest project, my family tree

Yeeeeesssssss! I'm not alone.:D

Why are you a walking talking IMDB? Are good at your movie trivia?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Whatever music the crowd likes I'm gaurenteed not to like it. I don't think I have 1 song on my IPod newer than 2005 either.

Yeeeeesssssss! I'm not alone.:D

Why are you a walking talking IMDB? Are good at your movie trivia?:cool:

Quite good, but it's normally useless random sh!te that I know! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

SDooM wrote: »
    It's what the punters want to see :)

Always had a fondness for the hermetic deck meself.

*waits for aounds of shock*

Cool, haven't any experience with them to be honest. Aren't they similar to the Thot deck?

Wasn't Golden Dawn like a closed circle for Wiccans? Sorry if I'm confusing it with something else.

That's very cool, how long have you read for?

animan wrote: »
    Whatever music the crowd likes I'm gaurenteed not to like it. I don't think I have 1 song on my IPod newer than 2005 either.

The Feeling are the only "newish" band that I have on mine, and I only bought the craptastic album for two tunes.
    Originally posted by Alicat
    Quite good, but it's normally useless random sh!te that I know! :pac:

I always check out the trivia, it's always a good read. I love finding out little tidbits like Hugh Jackman was considered for Harvey Dent before Aaron Eckhart or that Liam Neeson wanted to be Van Helsing in Coppola's film but was turned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

I always check out the trivia, it's always a good read. I love finding out little tidbits like Hugh Jackman was considered for Harvey Dent before Aaron Eckhart or that Liam Neeson wanted to be Van Helsing in Coppola's film but was turned down.

Did you know Arnold Scharzenegger was going to be in an earlier version of I am Legend but it wasn't made due to a lack of funds.

Wasn't Golden Dawn like a closed circle for Wiccans? Sorry if I'm confusing it with something else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_Order_of_the_Golden_Dawn

Just read bits here and there, still a lot of it I've no clue about :o:o

On a slightly different topic was going in to buy an encyclopedia on russian gang tattoos, was gone when i went in to buy it though, was uber interesting.

Did you know Arnold Scharzenegger was going to be in an earlier version of I am Legend but it wasn't made due to a lack of funds.

:eek:Damn, I didn't know that. Arnie in his prime against a few crazy Vampires would have a sight to see, "you are one ugly mother fucka"

*cue Arnie blowing Vamp's head off*:D

Cool, haven't any experience with them to be honest. Aren't they similar to the Thot deck?

Very similar to the Toth deck!

The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn were a mystical society in the Voctorian era, they loved their number magic and were very stratified in their ranks etc. Alot fo historical figures had a passing relationship with them.

One Alister Crowley basically ruined the whole thing for them.

It would be very, very rare for me to do a reading these days, in fact basically unheard of!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Will wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_Order_of_the_Golden_Dawn

Just read bits here and there, still a lot of it I've no clue about :o:o

On a slightly different topic was going in to buy an encyclopedia on russian gang tattoos, was gone when i went in to buy it though, was uber interesting.

EDIT!!

Ah.. Doom beat me to it! Hahaha it is who Im thinking of!!

Nevermind!

Yeah I love reading the trivia stuff too :D

Well thank f*ck that didn't happen! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Hmmm. Non-nocturanl.

Going out counts as nocturnal probably... ><

Erm, long love affair with playing football, I'm a dickhead of a defensive midfielder in our small matches. Cursed only by my lack of fitness.

Swim a lot, but that's inside in a pool. :P

Walk a lot around town and stuff too. Spent whole days just exploring sometimes. Dublin's cool. Should start doing that again.

Those are day based things. The reading and gaming and funking about all count as nocturnal.

And Lolly, how long you been doing the Tarot for? My childminder back in the day used to do it. Was always curious about it, but never really knew too much at the same time. She always said I had to be an adult to get a proper reading. :pac:

Hmmm. Non-nocturanl.

Going out counts as nocturnal probably... ><

Erm, long love affair with playing football, I'm a dickhead of a defensive midfielder in our small matches. Cursed only by my lack of fitness.

Swim a lot, but that's inside in a pool. :P

Walk a lot around town and stuff too. Spent whole days just exploring sometimes. Dublin's cool. Should start doing that again.

Those are day based things. The reading and gaming and funking about all count as nocturnal.

And Lolly, how long you been doing the Tarot for? My childminder back in the day used to do it. Was always curious about it, but never really knew too much at the same time. She always said I had to be an adult to get a proper reading. :pac:

Hard man like Mascherano?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Hard man like Mascherano?:D

Nah, just tall and with decent positioning sense. It's fun to tackle the more talented players and just create a proper defense.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

1. LZ5by5 wrote: »
      That's what I'm looking for man.:cool: I know it's not MMA, but I'm looking forward to the UFC Title fight between Lesnar and Couture.
    2. Will wrote: »
      Lesnar is gonna get his ass handed to him, he just goes in and gorilla smacks people. No style, he has ok wrestling skills and his sheer size is an advantage but yeah, his ass will be beat
    3. ..... dont be so sure i think he'll be something like 60lbs heavier when there in the cage, he's really fast for his size and has good take downs. Still ecpexting randy to win, but wouldn't be surprised to see brock win.
    4. Will wrote: »
      he is just gonna brute force his way though, he did it with his last match me thinks, just held the guy down and gorilla slapped him about and he was very lucky he wasn't put in a BJJ hold, he has no ground game (apart from wrestling skills)

NO NO NO NO - I use this forum to get away from UFC - you have taken my only escape from the land of "big john McCarthyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" and destroyed it. :mad:

My non-nocturnal things?

I love when the weather is hot enough to get drunk outside, does that count? Oh and I love camping - but mainly the night time part of it when the stars are out, so not sure if that counts or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I play the saxophone
    not very dark or nocturnal(ish) at all really well I dont think so anywhos :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

I have a thing for all thing's furry... And scaled :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I can bench press twice my own weight...or at least I could...once :(

Nah just kidding, I can still do it :D

• Advertisement

How much do you weigh? o.0

I can squat my own weight, almost kills me though... 100kilos

Advertisement