Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 Owners Klub Mk II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Is it a Sportsline?
    I did it as I said with my one...
    All I had to do is tidily wind some tape around the barrle where the Sight was and it held that piece in place firmly.
    Just an Idea anyways, dont try it if your not comfortable with it.
    Heres a pic of how mine looked(minus the silencer):
    100_0244.jpg

Can you post pics close up of the sight part... And how is the grip for taking off to change battery and such... I think removing the sight would look cool but just wanna be sure bits wont be falling off my rifle :p

i also have that acog too although for my other m4 seeing as i have a sniper scope on my m15a4 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Unfortunately I dont have this gun anymore due to internal problems, so I cant take any close up pictures. But I had no problems with it.

I used tape and found that the sling point stayed in place and that helped keep the handguard in place nicely.

This video may/may not help(it helped me):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRvQRmbFLHM

Unfortunately I dont have this gun anymore due to internal problems, so I cant take any close up pictures. But I had no problems with it.

I used tape and found that the sling point stayed in place and that helped keep the handguard in place nicely.

This video may/may not help(it helped me):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRvQRmbFLHM

Can you explain the tape bit some more?

st830532mediumeq9.jpg

There we go... how's it look?

Its hidden by the sling loop, but basically I just wound some black tabe around the barrel where it exits the handguard to prevent to metal piece that holds the casing together from sliding down the barrel.

• Advertisement

Its hidden by the sling loop, but basically I just wound some black tabe around the barrel where it exits the handguard to prevent to metal piece that holds the casing together from sliding down the barrel.

Yeah I wrapped some tape round the barrel under that metal piece then infront of it when i put it on and then infront of the sling mount after I put that on...

Looks f'ing sweet man!!!

Looks f'ing sweet man!!!

Will be awesome when I get the bipod on it and I'm thinking of getting some shortened mags too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Short mags would complete the look alright,it looks good. As Dex said a paint job could be worth considering

Short mags would complete the look alright,it looks good. As Dex said a paint job could be worth considering

Would be afraid to paint it myself... plus I'm still undecided on whether I'll get a new stock for it and paint would have to wait until then

• Advertisement

Yup, I often use VN Mags in my M4 caus it looks sweet.
    And seeing as your using it as a sniper rifle I'd also suggest getting it painted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

k finished my paintjob kinda happy with it

102_1395.jpg

102_1396.jpg

Whats you thoughts its my first airsoft paintjob

For your first job that aint bad at all. In fact in general its a very nice job!! Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get some fine detail into it.(If you want that is)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/IrishKiZmEt/102_1395.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/IrishKiZmEt/102_1396.jpg

Very nice paint job mate , a real urban digi camo vibe to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

great job mate., it looks the biz., if i was to be pickey about it, the pattern should be a bit smaller, but it probably wouldnt look as good if it was anyway., :)

i know it should be smaller but it was an absolute ass to hand cut the masks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Great Job Busta! It's a real pain in the ass ok:D Hours and Hours of prep for minutes of painting...

Well done!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

102_1395.jpg

102_1396.jpg

First of all the paint job looks SWEET! Especially since it's your first one, would you consider attaching the ACOG straight onto the gun instead of the carry handle?

would do but ive found that its more comftable using the handle im a big guy and getting my fat head down to the scope is uncoftable but with the handle i can keep the gun at the ready for ages

also defenderdude i hear your a paint god so that means a lot comeing from you!

i want to get an airbrush and im sure it would look a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Hmm. not a bad idea, drop the carry handle off and try it that way, might be cool.

Whoops just saw your reply....crap idea anyway!!!! :P

• Advertisement

Fair play to you - digital is quite difficult to do - but only cause it's soooo sloooooow to do all the masking etc. (Blisters on yer fingers - not to mention the cuts and scrapes).

The main thing is you gave it a go and it turned out great! (always a bonus). Like me - You learn from your mistakes as you go. Anyone can do it - just need a bitta courage (the fumes help).

It's a good idea to practice - work on new ideas on cheapo AEG's. And if your using aerosols - it's fairly easy to remove the paint and do it all again...

An airbrush is very handy but I've never used one on an AEG yet (scale models only).
    Something like a small gravity feed brush would be very handy but I just use standard sized GFG's.

If you are looking to get a good airbrush then this seller
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZlewisyml0078
    has some very nice equipment at about 1 third of what you'd pay here. I've bought a number of airbrushes from him and they are the business. Might be overkill unless you are going to use em for something else...

The other alternative is to get a hobby type brush kit (propellant and brush)from a model shop like Marks' Models and your set for a low cost (from less than 20e) but to be honest - aerosols are by far the handiest and cheapest way to do it...

keep up the good work!!!

ive painted a few things before my old xbox was the best

but i gotta say digi camo is sloooow

what do you use for masks when painting i used the plastic you get to cover school books with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

IMG_6130.jpg

i like mine black

niiiiiiicccee duvet cover

what do you use for masks when painting i used the plastic you get to cover school books with.

masking tape:p

but your idea of using contact is a very good one!!!;)

Try doing it with masking tape - drives you totally insane:eek:

been there seen it done it lost the hair to prove it

been there seen it done it lost the hair to prove it

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

DSC_36070001.jpg
    DSC_36100001.jpg

some very fast pictures sorry for the bad quality light is rubbish outside at the moment

that looks cool distressted look

one question what does the button on the right hand side near the charging handle and stock do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's called a forward assist, it doesn't do anything on airsoft rifles so it's nothing to worry about.

Advertisement