Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ooooh, would they be extra ads I see? ;o)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

eoin_s wrote: »
    That's not a good idea. Deliberately clicking on adverts, or encouraging site users to do so, will probably end in the adsense account being shut down.
    all the more reason to...

/grabs coat, runs. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

posting rules isn't fitted in neatly at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Honestly, I didn't pigeonhole you to any particular station in life, and its not my problem if you choose to take stereotypes personally.

Nazi!
    Legend, time well spent, that will be especially useful in Ireland and the EU, where software patents don't exist. I should know, as a card carrying member of the FFII. Still, at least it makes it unlikely that I employ you in whatever capacity.

OK fair enough, I miss used the word software comrade. I would explain exactly what I'm working on, but you're some loon off the internet and I've an NDA to think about. I actually work for someone named Sam, so yea never know, is that you boss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Boston wrote: »
    I actually work for someone named Sam, so yea never know, is that you boss?
    If it is, you'll never know.

:p

gbtw

• Registered Users Posts: 30,108 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

on a small (non widescreen) laptop screen it kind of looks ugly with the layout of the page all uneven

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Daft dont get any of the money generated. They dont own us you know, they got a minority stake! This is something Vex and I have haggled over for nigh on 18 months. I dont like advertising as most of you are aware but we do have wages to pay so this is what Vex reckoned was best and we ran with it to see. I think its ok, its unintrusive *or inobtrusive, both work by the way). I with is wasnt white background but meh...

Its been there for weeks at this stage and this is the first time anyone has posted about it! :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

If people really hate the ads they can always use m.boards I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

DeVore wrote: »
    Its been there for weeks at this stage and this is the first time anyone has posted about it! :)

I think it was the placement of these particular adverts that prompted most the comments.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If people really hate the ads they can always use m.boards I guess.

Well if you subscribe you have the option to remove ads in your user cp. If people hate them enough then it might seem worth the €5 a month.

Advertisement