Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Degree??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Has anyone applied for 2011 Lidl-degree? I wanna hear from you guys to know whats the story with the degree

What would you like to know exactly?

See here for info from Lidl regarding the degree...http://www.lidl-degree.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 25 crusifixio2000

I would like to know how many people that have applied, and what you think might be the outcome. Does it worth it at all going for Lidl-degree?

enviro wrote: »
    What would you like to know exactly?

See here for info from Lidl regarding the degree...http://www.lidl-degree.ie

I would like to know how many people that have applied, and what you think might be the outcome. Does it worth it at all going for Lidl-degree?

Only Lidl will know how many have applied. In my opinion it certainly would be worth applying for a place on the course, considering that participants get a salary to study as well as their collage fees paid for. Also at the end you have a great opportunity to get hired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laualaua

Has anyone applied for 2011 Lidl-degree? I wanna hear from you guys to know whats the story with the degree

I applied in April and received an email inviting me to the recruitment day in Mullingar on the 7th of July, has anyone else received this email?? I'm undecided as to what to do, not sure if I want to spend another 3 years in college!

• Advertisement

laualaua wrote: »
    I applied in April and received an email inviting me to the recruitment day in Mullingar on the 7th of July, has anyone else received this email?? I'm undecided as to what to do, not sure if I want to spend another 3 years in college!

I got the same email inviting me to the recruitment day in Dublin on da 21st of July. Its not gonna be an easy task as the course is difficult and also you'll be working part time. Furthermore, hundreds of applicants applied this year and Lidl only need like 30-40 people to sponsor, so being the best will be crucial!. What I'll say to you is that you ll reap what you sow, and that is success in future!

laualaua wrote: »

What do you think that Lidl invited you to the recruitment day? What special about you? what are the qualifications that you have at the moment? work experiences etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 maelaw

I got an email to go to the recruitment day in newbridge on the 8th of July. I still don't know whether to go or not. I don't know if I want to do another 3 years in college. I have worked for Lidl too and it is hard work they expect a lot from you. You definitely earn your wages!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

dazzday wrote: »
    looking at the graduate jobs lidl are offering it wouldnt be a bad idea at all.

50k and an audi A4...going up to 80K after 3 years...

you hear about all these high paying jobs, guess what you earn it. they ain't paying that money for nothing. they'll bleed every penny fron you. bye bye free time. bye bye hobbies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

There is an incredible amount of work involved- certainly- and you will use the A4 travelling between branches more than anything else- but it is a good job, even if the hours are eye watering. If you're expecting a cakewalk, its not for you.

• Advertisement

you hear about all these high paying jobs, guess what you earn it. they ain't paying that money for nothing. they'll bleed every penny fron you. bye bye free time. bye bye hobbies.

You are not going to get an Audi A4 this time. The recession has made its impact. Its is going to be difficult as you ll have to studing and working at the same time.

My advice is: If you re not strong enough, a quitter and will not give 150% of yourself and work ethics towards any job. then lidl is not for you

You are not going to get an Audi A4 this time. The recession has made its impact. Its is going to be difficult as you ll have to studing and working at the same time.

My advice is: If you re not strong enough, a quitter and will not give 150% of yourself and work ethics towards any job. then lidl is not for you

Work and collage are separate, they are done in blocks. For example; in collage for 3 months and no work. Finish collage, then work for 3 months with no collage. This trend continues for the duration of the degree. Approx 2.5 years.

Audi cars are for middle and top management positions. Staff at store level do not get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

>most companies will pay all the fees, or a contribution towards them, for any staff members who elect to do 3rd level courses (the level of reimbursement is normally related to whether the course is relevant to the job or not). Its an excellent way of incentivising staff

I never know what to think about this argument...

On the other hand you see, a boss might think "ah if we get young Johnson to do a Masters on our dime, he will high tail it across town to our competitor"

training people to leave???

but then again my view of employers is negative, i do not see them as benevolent

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its fully tax deductable from a company's perspective- so not only does it incentivise staff, but there is zero net cost associated with it (other than time off for the staff member for study/exams etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Seen a piece about this in the Sunday Indo toady.

Can't seem to find any mention of the 50K or the Audi on the website anymore though!

http://www.lidl-degree.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-70540ADC-51BD1AFA/lidl-degree/hs.xsl//index.htm

Anyone know if they've changed the salary and benefits?

wb wrote: »
    Seen a piece about this in the Sunday Indo toady.

Can't seem to find any mention of the 50K or the Audi on the website anymore though!

http://www.lidl-degree.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-70540ADC-51BD1AFA/lidl-degree/hs.xsl//index.htm

Anyone know if they've changed the salary and benefits?

There never was a connection between a 50k salary and the Audi company car with this degree programme.

However, following completion of the degree you would be in a favourable position to be hired and work towards getting promotion to role with benefits including the salary of 50k and the company car.

The salary is phase 1 16k, phase 2 18k, phase 3 20k.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭galteeboy

Anyone no when the closing date for this is this year. Currently work in retail and see this has an opportunity to further myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Studious

Any tips for someone who has applied for this, please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Studious

Bump

got an email there today saying i got through to the recruitment day on 19th july in dublin business school, anyone else get called back to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 rosepetal_irl

I got the email today saying I'm in the recruitment stage too. Not sure what I think now after reading all the comments about it but anyway I'll give it a go. Would be great if somebody would actually tell you what goes on...it's all well and good saying you do a group session, tests etc....I want examples!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ldil

I also got an invatation to the recruitment day :)

If any past applicants or current students could be kind enough to reply and let me (us!) know what the following will entail ?

"The recruitment day will comprise of a company presentation, a short aptitude test, personal test and a group activity."

Thank You.

I am really looking foward to this. It would be such a great opportunity to get to work for Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kennedy2011

amyword on any one doing this course and whats it like

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hungdaddy69

hi just wondering what should you wear to the recruitment day and what kind of things they ask you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Flobox

Hello,

I received an email invited me to the recruitment day on the 11th of July.

Looking for advice from people currently attending the programme or anyone who knows what goes on during the recruitment day.

Anyone else here going to the recruitment day in DBS on the 11th?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciajewia

Hello, I recieved an e-mail inviting me to the recruitment day on the 12th of July? Is anyone else going on the 12th? Does anyone know what the team activity and tests will be like. And what are the interviews like?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Anyone graduated yet?? how was the course? Was it difficult working as well??

So does anyone know what the tests on the recruitment day consist of and what the interview is like? There is surely someone from previous years who can tell us about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ldil

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 tommyalix

Flobox wrote: »
    Hello,

I received an email invited me to the recruitment day on the 11th of July.

Looking for advice from people currently attending the programme or anyone who knows what goes on during the recruitment day.

Anyone else here going to the recruitment day in DBS on the 11th?

Yes, I am going to the recruitment day at DBS on the 11 july as well , did you find out any information ?

Advertisement