Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn-Offs!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Women who do pretty much anything unladylike... farting, spitting, feeling my arse when I hardly know them - generally coming on too strong. Also grooming things like unshaven legs, too much make-up, overly fake tanned and dodgey 'hairdressery' looking haircuts.

I also HATE when women wear trousers or jeans that are either to big in the waist or too tight in the legs, and the jeans slip down, so they have to drag them back up again...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have to admit my biggy is farting. I've never done it in front of a woman and if a woman deliberately does it in front of me it's game over. Literally. I've no problem at all with the general stuff. I've held womens hair when they were the worse for wear and it had to come up, sudden unannounced period, the sniffles and snotters of a bad cold etc. Not a problem, but farting just ..... no.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Wibbs wrote: »
    I have to admit my biggy is farting. I've never done it in front of a woman and if a woman deliberately does it in front of me it's game over. Literally. I've no problem at all with the general stuff. I've held womens hair when they were the worse for wear and it had to come up, sudden unannounced period, the sniffles and snotters of a bad cold etc. Not a problem, but farting just ..... no.

What if she does it accidentally?! ;)
    It is a normal bodily function after all... but sure, we all know girls don't fart, right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

yeah we know they do it, just dont do it around me or in a 'proud' way.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Zzippy wrote: »
    What if she does it accidentally?! ;)
    It is a normal bodily function after all... but sure, we all know girls don't fart, right!

Blokes farting in front of a girl is just as bad imo :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I'm too shy, which is a huge turnoff to a lot of guys, apparently. :( I mean, I'll talk to anyone if they talk first, but they better be good at conversation for the first little bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

nouggatti wrote: »
    Blokes farting in front of a girl is just as bad imo :)

How long do you have to know someone to be able to fart in front of them then?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

liah wrote: »
    I'm too shy, which is a huge turnoff to a lot of guys, apparently.

I doubt they find that a turn off. Maybe they are just thinking you are not into them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

How long do you have to know someone to be able to fart in front of them then?

You never fart in front of the opposite sex. Exit the room if you feel that a build-up of noxious gases may result in breaching the anal sphincter. Release in a calm, clinical manner in a different room.

Alternatively, an empty paper bag (such as the sort that penny sweets comes in) may be used as gas retainer, but be discreet when applying the bag to the posterior. Once you have ejected the flatulance, tie the bag opening closed with a cable tie that you carry about for such an occassion.

You may also tie it closed with a string and give it to a nearby child who may find a novelty in possessing such as an interesting, buoyant balloon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

My height is a problem for some men, being 5'11 is an issue for the small of mind type, as opposed the merely small of stature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

“Sean: My wife used to fart when she was nervous. She had all sorts of wonderful little idiosyncrasies. She used to fart in her sleep. I thought I’d share that with you. One night it was so loud it woke the dog up. She woke up and went ‘ah was that you?’ And I didn’t have the heart to tell her. Oh!

Will: She woke herself up?

Sean: Ah...! But Will, she’s been dead for 2 years, and that's the **** I remember: wonderful stuff you know? Little things like that. Those are the things I miss the most. The little idiosyncrasies that only I know about: that's what made her my wife. Oh she had the goods on me too, she knew all my little peccadilloes. People call these things imperfections, but there not. Ah, that's the good stuff.

QFT

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

OK, I'll go first. My skin is pretty soft and smooth all over, except for one part of me, the soles of my feet. The other day I slid the bottoms of my feet on the bare skin of a lad and he yelped, claiming they felt like sandpaper! Well, I've been in taekwondo (and more recently iaijutsu) since about 10 years old, and sliding my bare feet on the mats for all those years has made the soles of my feet a bit rough.
    Exact same issue - I have martial artist feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I curse a fair bit..... And I have been known to be 'one of the lads' a lot.

Men that are looking for a pretty, dainty lady usually are NOT impressed with me!:pac::pac:

I take a size 8 foot..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Generally being more than a little abrasive has yet to work 100% in my favour... oh well, I shall just have to persevere. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

I might as well share one of my turn offs. Guys who tell you why you did or said a certain thing and even when you try to explain what/why you really did or said they won't listen and believe in whatever they imagined happened. I know what goes on in my own head, you do not, so stop calling me a liar and listen already! :mad:

Kotick wrote: »
    I might as well share one of my turn offs. Guys who tell you why you did or said a certain thing and even when you try to explain what/why you really did or said they won't listen and believe in whatever they imagined happened. I know what goes on in my own head, you do not, so stop calling me a liar and listen already! :mad:

That drives me up the wall. Girlfriend MK1 did so and so, so obviously all womankind shares the same behaviour motivation and Mk1.
    Uurrghhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Cinful

Men: Poor hygiene, smoking, drunks, drugs, and physically unfit.

Me? Player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

That's the worst! It's so disrespectful. I'd say it's more of a deal-breaker than a turn-off, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Yes, that really is most irritating. A lot of men are guilty of this, not necessarily partners. I had my friend last week telling me what I was thinking/how I was feeling and He was so ridiculously wrong. In the end I had to point out to him that, being the one on control of my thoughts and feelings, i was perhaps better equipped in terms of knowledge of said thoughts/feelings. He shut up then.

I have quite a strong personality. A lot of men dont like this. Some men prefer insipidness....its less of a threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 citeal

My sleeping routines are the absolute worst apparently. In waking life I will not tolerate ANYONE farting / belching around me... the moment I nod off however the snoring / teeth grinding / talking & occasional bout of sleepwalking begins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

dis-honesty, i cannot stand it. It's a hard one to notice and by the time you do find out it's usually too late. Clingyness and overly emotional women, a few tears every now and then but not everyday.

I've a few piercings, a tattoo and stretched lobes. Pretty sure a lot of girls don't find it appealing in the slightest. Doesn't worry me much though.

ditsy women, im not talking about being forgetful from time to time... i think i can illustrate it better with a sentence.

"like OH MY GAWD like last night I was out and like was just having like the best time like with my friends like, and oh my gawd like you dont like believe what like james said to like the barman like...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Will wrote: »
    ditsy women, im not talking about being forgetful from time to time... i think i can illustrate it better with a sentence.

"like OH MY GAWD like last night I was out and like was just having like the best time like with my friends like, and oh my gawd like you dont like believe what like james said to like the barman like...."

Wouldn't really call that ditzy... I'd call it annoying and immature.

Turn offs:
    No ambition in life and have no goals.
    People who don't take care of themselves.
    Game playing.
    Begrudgers and misers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Well to answer the question about what guys find turn offs about me I've always got the too nice, too easy going lecture....excuuuuse me for being nice! What do they want? Me to be a bitch to them? It's not like I'm a fence sitter either and have no opinions, I'll fight my corner if I have to. Just in general I'm a bit too chilled for some people I think.

Not bothered now, found a guy who loves that I'm so laid back.

Turn offs about men for me....mean with money, if they don't fit in with my family/friends-or at least not try to, the couldn't be arsed attitude where they call you once a week! Hate farting and belching too but I don't think there's a man on the planet that doesn't do that so I'll have to get over that one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 red.gloved.lady

Will wrote: »
    I've a few piercings, a tattoo and stretched lobes. Pretty sure a lot of girls don't find it appealing in the slightest. Doesn't worry me much though.

i beg to differ! a big turn off for me is when guys feel the need to impress you with their tales of that time they nearly got arrested or were just generally acting the maggot, really immature imo.
    i've been told i have a tendancy to 'fill in the gaps' of a conversation, cant help it, just hate awkward silences....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I agree with will on the ditzy women thing.
    Ugg boots.....hate the sight of them and any girl in them
    loud noisy girls in public.
    slutty girls.
    and so on and so forth. I'm actually really picky when I've no right to be!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

I find women with excessive facial hair or a penis a turn off. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

For some reason people coming on too strong turns me off.

I'd say what turns people off me would be the amount of lads I hang around with!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha... i've found quite a few traits that could be used to describe me in this thread.
    interesting. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

I hate sloppy eaters. I don't like men who don't have ambition, i hate long finger/toe nails and long hair. I like my men to be well groomed...not in love with themselves but just shave and cut hair and nails and keep in relative good shape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Turn off for a lad? A whole yard.:eek:

Another, Cemented over. (bald)

Something that turns girls off me, I speak my mind, without my mind knowing what I am saying!

Advertisement