Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite musical?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Yavahnna

Cats, Jesus Christ Superstar, Mary poppins and Lion King!
    and I would like to know if any of you have seen Lestat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Grease. ;)

Green Day's, American Idiot musical was pretty good too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

user name probably gives it away but has to be jcss:)also showboat a favourite.
    one of the few musicals to have a beautiful male bass song ie old man river

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yvonne23R

I thought Oliver was good in the Bord Gais Theatre around Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rhaiz

totally love this song!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I was in London last weekend and saw The Phantom of the Opera. All i can say is wow. I wasnt pushed on seeing it, but my mam always wanted to see it so i wasnt going to say anything...

From the opening scene to the closing i was mesmorised. Listening to the songs made the hairs stand on my head. It was just fantastic. At the end I didnt want to leave. Everything from the songs, the acting, the set, it was brilliant!!

We went to see the Wicked the night before, which i enjoyed thoroughly, but The Phantom is defnitely my number 1 musical.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Went to see Wicked last week, really enjoyed it. Knew the songs inside out from having the soundtrack but seeing it on stage was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

West Side Story and The King and I were my favourites

Let's face the Music and Dance.

Blood Brothers so depressing, took me 2 weeks to get rid of mantle of gloom it put around me, you'd need to be in your health and strength for that one.

I just adore The Music Man and not just because of 76 Trombones but all the songs in it. Also excellent is My Fair Lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Phantom of the Opera & Blood Brothers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 SLenihan

Pricilla Queen of the Desert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 GreenGables

My favourite musical is The Sound Of Music. Rent is a close second.

Have you seen Cabaret? It's a tough story but super songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mrs Docjewel

Saw Phantom and Les Mis last month, both excellent. Thought Tam Mutu as Javert was just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OGHMA

The Producers - hands down!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nikki Kaulitz

Rent, Wicked and Hedwig and The Angry Inch. But I also love all the Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

I found this useful list on Wikipedia which helped me to remember many of the musicals I saw in the 70's and 80's on Broadway when growing up in NYC. My Dad often got the family tickets for a Broadway musical (from Annie to Chorus Line to The Wiz) when he should have been saving for college, and I'm glad for the experience, but that's another story ;)

Wikipedia List of Musicals A-L
    Wikipedia List of Musicals M-Z

I think all the musicals I saw as a kid were brilliant but I was probably too young to be a critic. As for a favorite I have to go with the modern ones, maybe because they are more recent in my mind.

For me Les Miserables ranks up at the top along with Miss Saigon and Rent, so I guess I prefer tragedies but I do enjoy fun and lighthearted productions as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Spring Awakening is another one for me.

Advertisement