Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N52 Tullamore Bypass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Sorry for the bump, but has there been any update on progress for this road?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Sorry for the bump, but has there been any update on progress for this road?

I had a quick look around the various locations today. The overbridge on the rahan road at screggan is complete but the bypass underneath has no tarmac down yet. The roundabout at mucklagh church is complete although the final layer of tarmac is not down. Another stretch of the road between this round about and Charliville gates will be open during the week according to a worker. From here through the Kinnity rd roundabout, P/Laoise rd and Portarlington seems to be sufraced with tar. The bridges over the canal and the tullamore river are inplace although there is no layers of tar on this stretch. The underbridge on the Balydaly rd is in place and they are surfacing the bypass over this.

A local man working for a local sub contractor said a lot of the Contractors heavy plant machinery has returned up North as they have a big job starting up there soon and nearly all of the ground works are finished. Rumours are for a finish before Christmas.

There seems to be about 7 roundabouts on the route which will be single carraigeway. While the physical size of the roundabouts is big the road through them seem a bit narrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah the Rahan/Screggan bridge has been done for a week or two at least by now. They had started on it before Christmas.

Parents live down that road. I did notice it looked a bit narrow for the road passing underneath. Would have been nice if they had at least planned to allow it to be made duel carriageway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

anymore update on this road? will it be open by october? the NRA website is still say 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I hope to god its finished by october, these traffic lights are breakin my heart every day:):) anyone else think they dont leave much room wit cones etc? Seen a fella wit a trailer and pipes on it pull about 6 cones along wit him today:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I hope to god its finished by october, these traffic lights are breakin my heart every day:):) anyone else think they dont leave much room wit cones etc? Seen a fella wit a trailer and pipes on it pull about 6 cones along wit him today:)

Hey Dusty..what part of the road was that? I know those damn traffic lights at arden road are driving me bonkers in the morning, and as for the sharp bend...I pity lorries and Buses going around that!!!:eek:

offaly1 wrote: »
    Hey Dusty..what part of the road was that? I know those damn traffic lights at arden road are driving me bonkers in the morning, and as for the sharp bend...I pity lorries and Buses going around that!!!:eek:

Yea at arden, break your heart. Nevr thought of the lorrys or busses but your dead right:).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

It must be ready to open now?

I was at the Fingerboard yesterday and a section of it was open and i noticed it looks complete all what i saw of it.

Any open date anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

IrishHomer wrote: »

I was at the Fingerboard yesterday and a section of it was open and i noticed it looks complete all what i saw of it.

Any open date anyone?

October/November apparently

IrishHomer wrote: »

It looks like the Kinnitty road at the fingerboard is closed permantly which is a good idea as it was a dangerous junction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

any photos of the bypass....anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

Signs and markings seem to be pretty much done around the roundabout on the Portlaoise road

Yea Rennicks were putting up the road signs on the arden stretch of road. Looks like a lot of whats left is just gettin the last bits done, landscaping, the batters etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

road is due to open the 20th September.............at last!!!

charlieIRL wrote: »

your Kidding me......??!! Cool:D:D:D

Aye, when i seen them doin the road signs i knew it couldn be too far away. Thank god!!

Some of the road markings down there where it goes by tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

The new bypass will be paradise for the powerwalkers ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

In time for the ploughing in athy? Well timed.

Scawgeen wrote: »
    The new bypass will be paradise for the powerwalkers ;)[/QUOTE

Cant wait to do me powerwalking down the bypass!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Any photo updates?

offaly1 wrote: »
    Scawgeen wrote: »
    The new bypass will be paradise for the powerwalkers ;)[/QUOTE

Cant wait to do me powerwalking down the bypass!:p

The powerwalkers are on it a while now! Collins lane wil lose out:):(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Open 20th? Does anyone in Offaly have a camera?????? :confused:

http://www.offaly.ie/eng/Services/Roads/N52_Tullamore_Bypass/June_-_July_2009_Newsletter.pdf

OK - somebody has!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

i was in rahan there on friday and now think the 20th is a bit optimistic. Looking at the road under the new bridge it seems it has a long way to go.

Fingers still crossed though - the kilbeggan rd junction is driving me nuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

Just been talking to the In-laws in Offaly - they said the Council are hoping it will open for Christmas (read it in one of the local papers)

Just been talking to the In-laws in Offaly - they said the Council are hoping it will open for Christmas (read it in one of the local papers)

Ah it wil be open long before christmas. I worked wit ascon for a while and You'd be surprised how quick they do the last few bits and pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

Probably will be more like 20th october I would say. the kilbeggan road side has a fair bit of road markings to be done yet as I drove by it yesterday evening there was little sign of any markings.

Probably will be more like 20th october I would say. the kilbeggan road side has a fair bit of road markings to be done yet as I drove by it yesterday evening there was little sign of any markings.
    I would say similiar around October. But it dosnt take long to put down road markings.

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I would say similiar around October. But it dosnt take long to put down road markings.

Maybe the 20th of September is a partial opening. If the road from the Charleville roundabout to the ~Tesoc roundabout was open next week it would help with cross country traffic heading to Athy for the Ploughing. They seem to be working a lot more on this section at the mo. Ages ago a sub contractor on the site told me they were hoping for November, though the signs and lines dont usually be completed until its almost ready to open so we can all hope :)

• Advertisement

Yea from the kilbeggan road to the portlaoise road?? It seems to be a good bit ahead alright

Advertisement