Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Hola, I'm Sid.

Got my first tattoo in 1988 in the precursor shop to The Mint, when they were on Samson's Lane, which has thankfully long since been covered over, latest one in March of this year in Devil's Den. In between I've had various tatts in Bren Hart's old studio, then The Mint, Art Tattoo when they were in Rathmines and also in Temple Bar, Colourworks, and a couple by friends in various houses and apartments. Got left arm fully sleeved, right arm nearly (not sleeves by design, rather loads of different tatts over the years which have been joined up at this stage) and a big one on my right thigh.

I couldn't actually count the number of times I've been under the needle, but I know the longest session I ever had was with Ms. Leah Moule in Spear Studios, Birmingham which started with her laying on stencils at 10.30 am, a half hour lunch break (with a couple of smoke breaks in between) and finally wrapping an incredibly, incredibly raw arm up at 7pm :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I couldn't actually count the number of times I've been under the needle, but I know the longest session I ever had was with Ms. Leah Moule in Spear Studios, Birmingham which started with her laying on stencils at 10.30 am, a half hour lunch break (with a couple of smoke breaks in between) and finally wrapping an incredibly, incredibly raw arm up at 7pm :pac:

Hi Sid,
    do you have a pic of this? I absolutely love Leah's work :D

innad wrote: »
    Hi Sid,

Me too. It was the first time I ever travelled to a different country to get tattooed.

I do have pics on facebook, but no access in work and internet connection is down at home, so if you leave it with me I'll try to post a pic in the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Me too. It was the first time I ever travelled to a different country to get tattooed.

I do have pics on facebook, but no access in work and internet connection is down at home, so if you leave it with me I'll try to post a pic in the next few days.

Awesome, thank you :)
    She's definitely on my list, I absolutely love her style.

Awesome, thank you :)
    She's definitely on my list, I absolutely love her style.

Aye. Do you know her mate Dawnii('s work) who runs Painted Lady?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Hi Sid,

I'm a big fan of her sister Lianne's watercolour work but I was told it doesn't wear well with time which was really disappointing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

TheBellJar wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of her sister Lianne's watercolour work but I was told it doesn't wear well with time which was really disappointing :confused:

I'd take that with a pinch of salt to be honest it's much in the same vein as those saying that realistic works won't hold up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

I'd take that with a pinch of salt to be honest it's much in the same vein as those saying that realistic works won't hold up.

This guy is a really well respected tattooist and he's seen her work from a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Boulger

I've been on here a while but never introduced myself
    I'm big into art and drawing, and I draw tattoo designs for people (and they actually get them tattooed)
    I just want to get better at that, and get an apprenticeship so I can finally tattoo my own designs!
    I'm all ears so any advice is always appreciated

link to my art page on facebook : https://www.facebook.com/shaneboulgertattooartanddesigns

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Hi all, hanging about scoping for a bit but never posted.

My name is Eric, from Dublin, living in Cavan. Wife, 3 children.

Got my first tattoo when I was 17. Chinese symbol meaning 'Purity' well thats what I was told anyway.

2nd is my own design on my left shoulder blade. Dragon, Skull and Panther...Now 13 years later I am on my 3rd piece but this one is kind of a big deal to me.

It's a full Super Mario sleeve. Had my 1st sitting yesterday and I am loving what's done already. Eventually it will be a full colour sleeve from wrist to shoulder :)

Apologies for the sheer size of the pictures. Holy smokes they're huge!!

tumblr_mugjwapGBU1s8utz1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mugjwapGBU1s8utz1o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mugjwapGBU1s8utz1o3_1280.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Well, it is the "Year of Luigi" after all! :D Nice start!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nice have always liked Mario tattoo's who is doing it? If you don't mind me asking.

Nice have always liked Mario tattoo's who is doing it? If you don't mind me asking.

Of course. Its Fat Spud Tattoo's in Cavan. I'd post the link here only I dont know whether its classed as advertising or not :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Get's mario sleeve......actual luigi sleeve :P

Arawn wrote: »
    Get's mario sleeve......actual luigi sleeve :P

I was waiting on someone to say that :D :pac:

Mario is next weeks sitting and the centre piece. Here is my design I created for Dottsy <--- tattooist and new hero!

tumblr_muhx9aMpem1s8utz1o1_500.png

That fire flower's roots look a bit like a hand... ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭John Dodger

I'm Sean, 39 and just got my first tattoo done, a tribal piece, by Neil in Dragon tattoo (sound guy). Very happy with it. Pain was nowhere near as bad as I expected. Really enjoyed the experience and definitely will be getting more. Don't know why I waited so long!

http://instagram.com/p/geMABKybu3/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Welcome to the mad house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Hi folks,

We received an email from the owner of Barber Ink who wanted to confirm that they are solely a barber shop and no longer do tattoos.

If anyone has any questions please do PM me.

Thanks,
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Hey! I'm Niamh and I'm getting my first tattoo in exactly 12 hours. I'm fairly nervous but I'm hoping it won't be too bad :) I have a few piercings (nape, bellybutton, industrial, snug, tragus) and my ears are stretched to 12mm.
    I'm really nervous about tomorrow but I can't wait to have one of my favourite quotes tattooed on me forever :)

• Advertisement

Hey! I'm Niamh and I'm getting my first tattoo in exactly 12 hours. I'm fairly nervous but I'm hoping it won't be too bad :) I have a few piercings (nape, bellybutton, industrial, snug, tragus) and my ears are stretched to 12mm.
    I'm really nervous about tomorrow but I can't wait to have one of my favourite quotes tattooed on me forever :)

Which is? :pac:

Ah cool. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Hi, im Mar! I have one tattoo so far. See here

Im planning to get more, i have an idea of my next one, but i am finding it difficult to find an artist who will do a watercolour tattoo.

Hey and willkommen.

A lot of artists don't seem to like doing watercolour stuff. Have you checked out Rob Mulligan in Colourworks?

Orim wrote: »
    Hey and willkommen.

A lot of artists don't seem to like doing watercolour stuff. Have you checked out Rob Mulligan in Colourworks?

Hmm no actually, where is he based?

Dublin. The shop is on the quays.

Orim wrote: »
    Dublin. The shop is on the quays.

Brilliant, ill go in next time im up!

Thanks Orim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Rachael in Wildcat Stephen's Green for watercolour too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howya and welcome. :)

Advertisement