Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US / IRL: 4X01 / 4X02 - "Scylla" / "Breaking And Entering" [** SPOILERS WITHIN *

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 innocentsmile

Yeah, I'm down one to two :D

I know it'll never happen but God, I'd love if they would.
    I can't face Lost anymore and will probably lose interest in PB soon.
    It's a pity.

The unexplained bits were more about the past. How did Sarah get out???

Whistler is a hottie, something very Indiana Jones about him.
    Gretchen is so much better looking than Sarah anyway, she's a bit like an evil queen in a fairy tale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

jayteecork wrote: »
    Gretchen is so fine.
    She has a real "nasty" look about her.
    Yeah, her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

This show is more of a comedy now more than anything else! :D

Last season Whistler is built up to be some sort of really important character that is very shady and we dont know whose side he is on,then less than half way into this episode his head is blown off. What was the point? Were we supposed to be shocked? He wasn't big enough a character to have shocked us when he died,it was more anger that they killed off a character they never fully explained.

Again last season they end with Sucre going into Sona,T-Bag apparantly taking over Sona,but suddenly Sona is burnt down,they have all escaped and are back in the US fairly quickly. Where conveniently they get arrested just as Phoebe's cop boyfriend from Friends is putting his team together.

Sarah is alive,which if you had read any article over the last few months,you knew already. Michael's response wasn't altogether convincing either,you thought she was dead,show a little more emotion man! And for some reason Gretchen had been torturing her...why exactly? Oh,to give Sarah something to sulk about this season,there was no other reason she would be tortured,she had no info,LJ wasn't tortured,we are just meant to believe the company just like to that that stuff for funzies...

And now Michael's nose is bleeding...whats this going to be? A tumor or something ridiculous...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

tvnutz wrote: »
    And now Michael's nose is bleeding...whats this going to be? A tumor or something ridiculous...

He's going to break out the tumour from his head, using his new tattoos that feature medical journals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

tvnutz wrote: »
    This show is more of a comedy now more than anything else! :D

Last season Whistler is built up to be some sort of really important character that is very shady and we dont know whose side he is on,then less than half way into this episode his head is blown off. What was the point? Were we supposed to be shocked? He wasn't big enough a character to have shocked us when he died,it was more anger that they killed off a character they never fully explained.

Yeah. 1 of the few good parts of season 3 was Whistler. You never quite knew his motives or how much he knew and then bang he is gone without much of an explaination. They clearly want to forget season 3 ever happened.

I don't mind them changing it around, I felt season 2 was quality. I think Lost season 4 was best yet etc but this is really tired and the writing is very lazy. There is only so much suspension of disbelief I can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

eoin_s wrote: »
    He's going to break out the tumour from his head, using his new tattoos that feature medical journals.

Yeah I think there is going to be a big story coming with his nose bleeding. It was a good episode. Sort of felt a bit hard to get back into it all after so long. But it was defo good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

To be honest, they [and Lost] should've stopped after the 1st season and finished on a high.
    Now it's beyond ridiculous and feels like it'll never end just fade into rubbish that's not worth watching.

Gotta disagree about your comments on Lost.

From the start the Lost writers have had a beginning, middle and end in mind. Season 2, granted, was a bit dodgy, but the writers did not know then how many season there would be so they were dragging it out a bit. Season 3 was much better afterwhich it was confirmed that there would be 3 more seasons of 16 episodes each and that would be it. As a result the writers had a timetable and Season 4 was the best season yet.

I honestly think that Lost is the best drama series on TV now and I can't wait for Season 5.

Back to PB, watched it last night, and found it just OK. Unlike Lost it really looks like that the writers do not know how or when it's going to end.
    It just seems that the team stumble from one crises to another. They then find a solution, which doesn't initially work, cue another mini-crises and then another dramatic solution from Michael.

Found the tatoo removal scene to be ridiculous, he should be in absolute bits from that.

Also, fed-up with people appearing to have been killed but you just know that they're not dead...i.e Gretchen.

I'm also certain that Kellerman is not really dead either as we never saw him actually dead, bet you he'll be back.

Reaction of Michael and Burrowes to Sara's return was unreal. No emotion.

Ridiculous technology. Have a mobile phone that can steal all info off any electronic device but cannot be sent to a computer or retrieved via a phone call.

I will keep watching this as I want to know how this whole conspiracy/company plot ends up but I do hope that this is the last season.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

If you guys are looking for a new TV series to sink your teeth into, I'd recommend The Wire, 6 Feet Under, or Dexter.

I'll still watch Prison Break. It's gone so awful now It'll be hard to switch off every week.

Brad Bellick part of an elite group of ex-cons using their expertise to steal a "black book" by a group running the country known as "the company"

Solid gold in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It's turned into mission impossible. I love it.

If you're unhappy with it, stop watching it...

I couldn't read through all the whining.

Anyway, a solid start to the new season. The new hitman makes Mahone look like a pussy.

Sherifu wrote: »
    It's turned into mission impossible. I love it.

If you're unhappy with it, stop watching it...

I couldn't read through all the whining.

Anyway, a solid start to the new season. The new hitman makes Mahone look like a pussy.

Totally agree with you mate. If people are so unhappy with the show, why are you's still bothering to wath it. You's are perfectly entitled to your opinion on it, but reading through the comments here some people really dislike it.

It's like eating food that you don't like, do you keep eating it even though you don't like it?? I don't think so.

• Advertisement

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Totally agree with you mate. If people are so unhappy with the show, why are you's still bothering to wath it. You's are perfectly entitled to your opinion on it, but reading through the comments here some people really dislike it.

It's like eating food that you don't like, do you keep eating it even though you don't like it?? I don't think so.

I actually don't like Bananas but eat them for vitamin and mineral purposes.
    Also don't really like green tea but I drink that too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The majority of people complaining about it seem to be people (like me) who were big fans of it at first, and are disappointed with the way it's gone and were hoping it would get better again. If we were only to post here if we liked everything about it, it would be a pretty dull forum.

I actually don't like Bananas but eat them for vitamin and mineral purposes.
    Also don't really like green tea but I drink that too.

Ah yes but that's your choice. As I said if people don't like it, then why watch it?? You have every right to give out about it. But why watch something you don't like?
    The majority of people complaining about it seem to be people (like me) who were big fans of it at first, and are disappointed with the way it's gone and were hoping it would get better again. If we were only to post here if we liked everything about it, it would be a pretty dull forum.

I do agree with you. I think the show has gone down hill since it started and a lot of people that do complain about it post about it here. But what is the point of watching something if ya don't like it? Doesn't make sense really.

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I do agree with you. I think the show has gone down hill since it started and a lot of people that do complain about it post about it here. But what is the point of watching something if ya don't like it? Doesn't make sense really.

It's not that easy to just stop watching a program you have enjoyed for the last few years. No matter how utterly ridiculous it has gotten, I still want to see how it finishes.

Edit - it's like supporting a sports team. They may have turned shìte to watch, but you'll still watch them.

Edit - it's like supporting a sports team. They may have turned shìte to watch, but you'll still watch them.

Actually that's a very good point. Bit speechless now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Fúcking shocking television.

Even the return of Sara couldnt save the acting and storyline here.

Ive watched and loved the first 2 seasons but its not a good sign when you're laughing at bits in the new episodes that are meant to be serious. 59 shows later and Im out.

Its worth saying again;

Fúcking shocking television :(

Even the return of Sara couldnt save the acting and storyline here.

Even the return of Sarah??? That's where it just got really stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Even the return of Sarah??? That's where it just got really stupid.

I meant I think Sarah Wayne Callies is hot ;) So I was glad to see her again.

But her characters return was laughable.

This sprang to mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I meant I think Sarah Wayne Callies is hot ;)

+ 1.BIG TIME!!Looking back on it, though, it was a bit of a stupid move.The whole thing moved on too quickly in the first episode.T-Bag and the others magically get out of Sona!!Some fire or something was it??Furthermore, they get from Panama, which is near Columbia, all the way up to the Mexican border with the States!!Thats a fair aul distance for a group of cons!!Michael magically gets to LA and then furthermore gets to Chicago from LA.All that without getting caught.Good Man!!

Zonda999 wrote: »
    + 1.BIG TIME!!Looking back on it, though, it was a bit of a stupid move.The whole thing moved on too quickly in the first episode.T-Bag and the others magically get out of Sona!!Some fire or something was it??Furthermore, they get from Panama, which is near Columbia, all the way up to the Mexican border with the States!!Thats a fair aul distance for a group of cons!!Michael magically gets to LA and then furthermore gets to Chicago from LA.All that without getting caught.Good Man!!

I would like to add that that there's no prisons called Fox river and Sono, and the characters depicted on screen are in fact actors.

I'd be 99% it's a fictional television drama, created for entertainment purposes.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Whistler was another bit of eye candy [apart from Michael and Linc of course] which was rapidly becoming my only reason for watching PB. Now I'm down one.

To be honest, they [and Lost] should've stopped after the 1st season and finished on a high.
    Now it's beyond ridiculous and feels like it'll never end just fade into rubbish that's not worth watching.

There were so many unexplained parts in last night's episode that I spent half of it confusedly asking annoying questions of my boyfriend.

I'm going to watch next weeks and see can they win me back though. :D

I'd like Chris Vance in PB and All Saints

He is hot as was Kellerman and he got killed off

For all Chris Vance aka Whistler fans - drool

0000042697_20070910120852.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I would like to add that that there's no prisons called Fox river and Sono, and the characters depicted on screen are in fact actors.

I'd be 99% it's a fictional television drama, created for entertainment purposes.

ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Sarah Wayne Callies is not bad but I don't think she is *that* hot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

:pac:, LOL

Thank you for pointing that out!!!:rolleyes: I just meant really that big gaps like those were'nt in the first 3 series, like!!

What about the other 1% btw??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Lads, after reading this topic, I feel like an easily pleased eedjit. I really enjoyed the two episodes. Yeah, it moved too fast and the group getting together so quickly seemed forced. But it was fun to watch! And no one's mentioned Mahone's awesomeness, he's so cool. And that cold-blooded nut that killed his family...ooh, I hope Mahone breaks his neck. He seems to have gotten over his addiction problems a bit too well though.

They seem to have almost erased Season 3, aside from Gretchen. But I suppose they shouldn't completely ignore it!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I enjoyed these episodes too. Pretty mindless, fun and entertaining. I think its going to be a good season. Nothing to do with prisons though... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Actually, the show's name still makes sense. I had this thought while watching the second episode the other night. While seasons one and three were literally about escaping prisons, the second and fourth seasons are about escaping the prison that the Company has made out of the main characters' lives.

...What? Am I thinking too much into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yup. :)

I'd put money on one of the scylla pieces being IN a prison too....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Mr. K wrote: »
    the second and fourth seasons are about escaping the prison that the Company has made out of the main characters' lives
    Duuude, that's deep :pac:

I wonder if any of the writers have given it much thought ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I loved the fact that they took michaels tattoos off so he could wasnt distingushable yet left lincs :D

Sarah coming back was a real jump the shark moment for me....the way they explained it was gas.

I'll keep watching though

Advertisement