Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US / IRL: 4X01 / 4X02 - "Scylla" / "Breaking And Entering" [** SPOILERS WITHIN *

Options
  • 02-09-2008 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "SCYLLA / BREAKING AND ENTERING" -

Episode Title: "Scylla" / "Breaking And Entering"
    Airdate: September 1st 2008

TV.com Summary:
    Michael has trailed Gretchen/Susan, Whistler and Mahone to L.A.
    Chaos reigns in SONA while T-Bag, Bellick and Sucre go missing.
    Lincoln and L.J. continue to stay with Sofia.

This episode shall air on:

Fox (US) - September 1st 2008
    RTÉ2 (UK/IRL) - September 2nd 2008

If you are sure you have seen the episode as mentioned above (on the channels on those original airdates), you can move down further in order to discuss the episode.

Otherwise, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - there shall be major plot details of the episode revealed and discussed below with no spoiler tags used!

What did you think of "Scylla" / "Breaking And Entering"? 84 votes

0%
    8%
    LumpOur man in HavanaFastFullBacklostirishgirlFol20JP LizJohn McClane 7 votes
    11%
    peterk19Stephen PJ-blk[Deleted User]pauloskevmy35notoutFedFrank2SlickRicHardrain 10 votes
    26%
    YakuzaQ_BallkaimeraeirebhoyDiddy Kongyom 1neacy69RodVelvetIcebergSherifuRick_sunzzGBXAgamemnonJelloplisskenmcgrailgchavezychavezjasonbourme.csTim131 22 votes
    20%
    Mountjoy MuggerMr EV9Doodah7Cactus ColshinnyNeo#Slippin JimmyNewApproachGonzovisionjayteecorkThat_GuymgadgetMr. Guappagordon_gekkoSmartly Dressedmaki 17 votes
    14%
    Mossy MonkweemcdBig EarsdoonothingRon DMChomerjkdjkeoghRob30888Baby4hybieWENTY07Taco Corp 12 votes
    9%
    teck-x5User45701skibumtvnutzBrianb8802Nothingcomparesmurpho999Also Starring LeVar Burton 8 votes
    3%
    HobbesArathornAdam08 3 votes
    3%
    ondaflystarninnocentsmile 3 votes
    2%
    EoinDa Funky Munky 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't know why I'm bothering to watch this when I really didn't enjoy last season.

But it's like '24' at this stage - it's getting increasingly worse yet we're still compelled to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Watched it a few hours ago. Really good to have it back!

This season could go either way based on this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

It's great that it's back, but I was a little disappointed with it, if I'm being honest. The chemistry between Michael & Sara seems to have abated somewhat or maybe I don't really care that she's back, but yet I wanted her to be back.

Too many holes in the execution of their plan, imo. They really need some clever writers for this season to work.

My favourite line (which was in the second episode) was "What's wrong man, eat some bad Mexican?" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Very dissapointing. I see this season moving swiftly downhill. Hope they end it this season.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Downloading now.

I do agree that PB has been getting worse as it's been progressing.

Season 3 was a bit crap in all fairness.

So I'll check out season 4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It was ok. All a bit meh really. They have a chance to make this season a fantastic one. I hope they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    It was ok. All a bit meh really. They have a chance to make this season a fantastic one. I hope they do.

They had a chance to make the series fantastic by ending it after season 2, I don't really think that theres going to be a massive improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

shortys94 wrote: »
    They had a chance to make the series fantastic by ending it after season 2, I don't really think that theres going to be a massive improvement.

I rather waiting to see what happens instead of judging before I have seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Just finished watching now...I think the the first episode really was just a way to set up the new season and then things started happening in episode 2 which was much better.

Really don't like brad bellic at all bit of a boring character...

As for sara being back I think they could have dragged that out a bit longer to make it more interesting cos she just bores me now..

As for no explanation as to how michael got back to the US or how Sucre, Bellic and T-Bag got out of Sona- I think that was poor form even some sort of summary would have been good

The best line was "Whats wrong man, eat some bad mexican?" haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Really good, I think this season's gonna be good - Great way to totally re-invent the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mike getting the tats off so unrealistic. Getting that tat lasered off in one night would have you in a hospital bed for a couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't watched yet.. so don't know why I'm reading this thread but...
    Cremo wrote:
    mike getting the tats off so unrealistic. Getting that tat lasered off in one night would have you in a hospital bed for a couple of months
    .. IT'S PRISON BREAK!

Realism went straight out the window from episode 1! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

A bit meh really. But I'll continue to watch 'cause I watch too uch telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Really got into in by the end of ep01 but overall it wasn't anything brilliant.

I'll keep watching and hoping it keeps me warm & fuzzy at night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

heap of sh1t. Any ol' story arc will do these days once it can be dragged out for a bit. Dont think I'll be bothering with S04 E02.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

A bit, well, crap so far if im to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I thought it was an ok start to the season but it's not really "Prison Break" anymore, is it? For a moment there when Linc got busted in Panama, I thought they were gonna have Michael break him out yet again - I'd stop watching right away if that was the case!

I found it a bit disappointing too that there was no explanation at all how Michael made it to the US from Panama (but gets busted right on the street in Chicago), how Bellick and Sucre made it out of Sona, how T-Bag got out, etc... Still, it's early enough in the season for it to redeem itself - overall I enjoyed the two first episodes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's on in the background but I'm barely giving it any attention. Methinks it's time to do to it, what I did to '24' last year - watch something else.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Completely outrageous.

Watchable thought at the same time.

Don't know why the producers brought back Sara, she adds nothing to the show.

Also, hasn't T-Bag become the spitting image of Johnny Depp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Would have been a lot better if RTÉ hadn't mucked up the broadcast and put it out in 4:3 on Sky. But anyway....

Why didn't they just get Sara to go back to the cleaning lady and say "I think I dropped my phone into your handbag, could you get it back for me?"

I knew Gretchen was still alive, as usual, we don't hear the gun go off when she was "killed" so classic PB rules should dictate the person is still alive. Wasn't expecting Whistler to bite the dust though, I thought after Whistler got popped that he was the "major" character to get killed.

Overall I gave the whole thing an 8. The first episode was OK, but the second was better. Seperately I would give ep 1 a 7 and episode 2 a 9, so it gets an 8 overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

What a pile of ****e that was. All plot lines where seen coming a mile, as for the bloody nose, how obvious was that!!!!

Oh the OH pointed out how he has put on a little weight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭FedFrank2

i didnt quite get the nose bleed thing? can someone explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Complete rubbish, how they could script such rubbish I do not know, then again this is Season 4 of something which I think should have been curtained at the end of 2 Seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭lukin

Lazy script-writing all round.
    You can just imagine the meeting went like this:
    "We need to get T-Bag, Bellick and Sucre out of Sona without having to take up a lot of episodes"
    "Emmm, let's just say there was a fire and they all escaped?"
    "Grand, that'll do"

Also, so now Sara was tortured while The Company had her? How convenient, now Michael has a reason to seek revenge seeing as his original reason (that The Company killed her) is now defunct.
    T-Bag's comedy value has worn off, but they are already developing a storyline to get him involved in later eps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Utter tripe. Needless to say, i enjoyed it thoroughly though, and i'll be tuning in next week. If i wanted realism, i'd watch the news. If i wanted a decent script, there's Blackadder on UK Gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

im long used to ignoring massive plot holes & complete lack of common sense from characters.. . missed that complete "what the fauk" feeling that i still got watching it over the years tho, definatly lost a bit of his spark.

also disappointed they removed the tatto's. imo, a very important part of the character, the gravity in going throguh such a drastic life change like getting a full body tattoo was just completly removed . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,553 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Very poor start to season 4.
    The plot was contrived,cliched ,completely lacked pacing and full of holes.
    Its all becoming very predictable at this stage.
    The boys think they are almost free and then right at the death their plan is foiled/delayed.
    The dialogue was crap and I think that the actors are very one dimensional.
    I fear for the rest of the series but I will still watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Have to say it was an ok two episodes. A bit farfetched at times but hey.
    One thing has me really confused however:

Whistler makes a copy of the original card and gives the copy to Gretchen.
    He then leaves the other card (which I can only presume is the original) in a newspaper which is picked up by a white haired man.
    Later Whistler is killed and another card (apparently the original) is recovered from his body. Now where exactly did this card come from? He didn't have time to make two copies. This card is then given to who I believe is the same white haired man who would now have two copies.
    Did anyone else see something I didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭lukin

maki wrote: »
    Have to say it was an ok two episodes. A bit farfetched at times but hey.
    One thing has me really confused however:

Whistler makes a copy of the original card and gives the copy to Gretchen.
    He then leaves the other card (which I can only presume is the original) in a newspaper which is picked up by a white haired man.
    Later Whistler is killed and another card (apparently the original) is recovered from his body. Now where exactly did this card come from? He didn't have time to make two copies. This card is then given to who I believe is the same white haired man who would now have two copies.
    Did anyone else see something I didn't?

The card he gave to the white-haired dude in the newspaper was a fake. The one the assassin took from his body was the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Come on people. It's season 4 and people are complaining about lack of realism and daft off the wall things happening. It was like that from the very beginning. Only difference now is that the plot has taken so many twists and turns it's in danger of disappearing up its own backside.

Still entertaining though.:D

Advertisement