Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US / IRL: 4X01 / 4X02 - "Scylla" / "Breaking And Entering" [** SPOILERS WITHIN *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Awful, I think im done with it. Ill check back here in few weeks see if people think it improves enough to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Drawn to this like a moth to a flame, and you say to yourself after watching, bubble-gum-for-the-brain-big-time.

You could drive holes through the plot, the actors are like something cut from the back of a cornflake's box, characters assumed dead keep coming back (for no reason), T-Bag just about keeping his head above water with the one-liners, instant tattoo removal (WTF?), wifi hard drives / cell phones unable to transmit data a few hundred feet, 4 guys hopping a fence and literally strolling into a heavily guarded compound to recover the device, etc., etc.? Even Homer never managed to pen such gobbledygook.

Of course I will be tuning in next week :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Prisonbreak is a mere parody of its former self.

Take all the ridiculous parts of prisonbreak and put them under a magnifying glass and you've got this. Plot holes, Scofield's whispering voice, fantasy technology, pantomime.

It's watchable, but only barely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

If I was to list the plot holes. I'd still be writing this in 3 hours(which is probably longer then the writers took to write the script). But my favourite is the device which can all retrieve all data within 10 feet, that made me chuckle.

I think my biggest problem with everything now is you just know that they have no idea where they are going with it. The longer it goes on the more convoluted everything gets and the explanations for why everyone stays together get worse and worse and they find themselves in more and more corners. It just gets to the stage where you just don't care what happens to any of them

Still, my highlight like others have said above was definitely the line about the bad Mexican. Rare highlight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

FedFrank2 wrote: »
    i didnt quite get the nose bleed thing? can someone explain?
    signs of a tumour I took it as.

Wasn't there a scene when Mike was talking to the agent guy and he seemed very "zoned-out" as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I think it is terrible TV from the start, the worst character come back since Bobby Ewing, Sara tortured by the Company for what reason what information had she on her that they could want or was it tortured for fun then released, then T Bag eating the Mexican after a few days in the dessert reminds me of a Simpson’s episode when they were camping and turned to cannibalism after a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WENTY07

Michael Rappaport is a good addition to cast and without a doubt the eps were miles better than the terrible fiasco that was Sona season 3 but i do hope FOX end it after this 4th season especially since US Ratings down to 6 Million for its premiere there on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Paddy C wrote: »
    Would have been a lot better if RTÉ hadn't mucked up the broadcast and put it out in 4:3 on Sky. But anyway....

Why didn't they just get Sara to go back to the cleaning lady and say "I think I dropped my phone into your handbag, could you get it back for me?"
    That's exactly what I was wondering. That private security company weren't much good either.
    I knew Gretchen was still alive, as usual, we don't hear the gun go off when she was "killed" so classic PB rules should dictate the person is still alive. Wasn't expecting Whistler to bite the dust though, I thought after Whistler got popped that he was the "major" character to get killed.
    Given that you saw gore when Whistler got shot, and didn't even hear the gun go off for her, that was a safe bet.

It's a lot better than season 3 - I watched the last 15 minutes of that on Monday night and wasn't even going to bother watching this season.

They've basically scrapped S3 - get everyone out of Sona, out of Panama, forget all that stuff ever happened, even kill off Whistler, which was a surprise. Which is great, Sona was a disaster. Last thing it needed would have been the first 6 episdoes explaining how bellick, T-Bag and Sucre get out of sona and back to the US.

All the surviving S1 characters back together in the US. Mahone working with Michael against the Company - it's like a lot of people expected S3 to be.

OK, you've got the ridiculous electroinic gizmo, and the crap private security who don't notice carloads of people sitting outside their front gate with binoculars (and are friendly neighbours, rushihng off to check alarms across the street), Sara coming back, but at least it's moving along pretty fast.

Losing the tattoos was a good move, it'll stop them having to use them every time you see Michael's arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Watchable enough. But the plot holes are not just holes now, they are huge plot craters. Like how does a wanted Scofield manage to travel from LA to Chicago very quickly without being caught? The whole "Sona burnt down and we all escaped" line made me chuckle. How did they escape the Panamanian army?

I was PMSL at the bad Mexican joke. :D The only real comedy in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I knew Gretchen was still alive, as usual, we don't hear the gun go off when she was "killed" so classic PB rules should dictate the person is still alive. Wasn't expecting Whistler to bite the dust though, I thought after Whistler got popped that he was the "major" character to get killed.
    What about the fact that her name was still in the credits in the second episode?! :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

I would say that it was there for her appearance in Sara's flashbacks of being beaten by her. I don't think it would have fully given away that she was still alive, after all, Sarah Wayne Callies was listed for the first episode and if you didn't know that Sara was alive and back in the show, you would have thought it was only appearing there because we see her face at the start of the episode in flashback. Actors like to have their rights, and not being credited for an appearance, even in flashback, probably would have got their legal team fidgeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

t-bags camp value still scores highly

when dune buggy guys meet him , what happend you dude , bad mexican

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/averts eyes from thread

Forgot about this. Will watch tonight. Happy it's back. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The first episode was more of a recap, and fairly rubbish. Here's what happened, here's how we're all back together, here's what we need to do now. The second episode was much better as a result.

I'm glad RTÉ have it so quickly after the US. I think I'd be giving up on it quicker if I had to waste my bandwidth on it.

At least SKY had it in HD. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

watched these again today, quite good, will keep watching.

although anyone notice that when bruce bennett was confronted by the agent that works for the general that he said something along the lines of "hey Mr. Burrows" :confused:

surprised that got passed the editors.

Mr.S wrote: »
    The only thing that really bothered me where the plot wholes..

All off the Characters got into the US, how? Micheal is walking around, and you'd think people would notice him? the lack of explaining Sona was dissapointing aswell.

Also a bit offtopic:

Whats Whistlers Bird Book for again? the one Tbag has? I thought it was the co-ordinates to where the Company's building is, but he works for the company, so why would they have wanted the book :confused:
    The book must contain the encrytion keys for Scylla.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

The Company chief assassin is going along the lines of Star Trek captains - everyone's getting a look in.

Season 1: Kellerman. white.
    Season 2: Mr Kim. asian.
    Season 3: Gretchen. woman.
    Season 4: Your man. black.

I'm glad Gretchen survived. She was the only reason to keep watching season 3.
    What they're keeping her alive though for, I dunno.

I'm also sure that T-bag will be back in his "pure evil" mode like he was for season 1/half of season 2.

His brush with cannibalism will have driven him back over the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Really wasn't impressed that sara is still alive. That was a total sham.

But made the rest of the first episode a bit of an easier pill to swallow. Belic and Sucre best of friends now? sure, why not.

Now that the slate has been wiped clean I'm expecting a much tighter, more tension filled season.

(of course a return to bad ass bellic would be nice too).

Was afraid Mahone was gonna have his ticket punched while all the worthless characters were being gotten rid of.

Best bit was Mahone's "I had to slow down" comment to Belic after the purse snatch

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Watchable enough. But the plot holes are not just holes now, they are huge plot craters. Like how does a wanted Scofield manage to travel from LA to Chicago very quickly without being caught? The whole "Sona burnt down and we all escaped" line made me chuckle. How did they escape the Panamanian army?

I've lost track, but is he still wanted in the US? Weren't they pardoned at the end of S2? Or the start of S3? when Kellerman testified? He was wanted in Panama alright for the guy Linc (or was it Sara) shot, which got him into Sona, but thought the US were OK with him.
    basquille wrote: »
    What about the fact that her name was still in the credits in the second episode?! :rolleyes: :D
    There were credits for the second ep? did RTE show it as two? Sky just rolled them together.

Mahone seems a bit confused - seems to still be still doing a bit of the junkie withdrawal thing sometimes, but other times he's OK. And what happened to Bellick's ma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

When I first watched I thought the whole Scolfield, Burrows, Sucre, Mahone, Bellick team just wouldn't work for the series but then when I watched Episode 2 I thought they were brilliant together. I thought it was all brilliant. I totally different genre compared to the other seasons. For all the people who thought it was rubbish, give the writers a break. If they had finished Prison Break in Season 1 or 2 there would be people complaining how to many questions were left unanswered and we never learnt who exactly are the company. I think you are all want another series which is like season 1, where they are trying to break out again. It shouldn't of being called PB to begin with, because the series is so much more about breaking out of prison. You all would of liked this episode if was a brand new programme beginning off, but y'all are still living in Season 1 of PB.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

MOH wrote: »
    I've lost track, but is he still wanted in the US? Weren't they pardoned at the end of S2? Or the start of S3? when Kellerman testified? He was wanted in Panama alright for the guy Linc (or was it Sara) shot, which got him into Sona, but thought the US were OK with him.

Only Linc was pardoned. Michael still had to answer to the authorities about the some of the stuff he did to get in and out of prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't understand how this season is going to work to be honest.

Just seems like a terrible version of Ocean's Eleven from what I've gathered so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭neosmaster

I'm glad Gretchen survived. She was the only reason to keep watching season 3.
    What they're keeping her alive though for, I dunno. ( as said by Jayteecork )

I bet she'll team up with Michael to bring down the company.....Seems as now they have " killed " her....

Oh and man is she HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

OMG That was painful to watch. I mean it is like they forgot all about the previous two seasons.

LFCFan wrote: »
    Only Linc was pardoned. Michael still had to answer to the authorities about the some of the stuff he did to get in and out of prison.

Ah, you're right.

Still, it doesn't sound like Michael was facing that much time:
    wikipedia wrote:
    Sara emerges from the boat and tells Lincoln and Michael about the exoneration. She tells Michael that under the circumstances he will probably not do any time for his crimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

How did Sara escape?

Where are LJ and Sofia? Still in Panama?

RIP Whistler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 innocentsmile

Whistler was another bit of eye candy [apart from Michael and Linc of course] which was rapidly becoming my only reason for watching PB. Now I'm down one.

To be honest, they [and Lost] should've stopped after the 1st season and finished on a high.
    Now it's beyond ridiculous and feels like it'll never end just fade into rubbish that's not worth watching.

There were so many unexplained parts in last night's episode that I spent half of it confusedly asking annoying questions of my boyfriend.

I'm going to watch next weeks and see can they win me back though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Whistler was another bit of eye candy [apart from Michael and Linc of course] which was rapidly becoming my only reason for watching PB. Now I'm down one.
    Mike + linc = 2 right?
    To be honest, they [and Lost] should've stopped after the 1st season and finished on a high.
    that will never happen with a show that was successful after their first season, tv executives are greedy more episodes = more money.
    There were so many unexplained parts in last night's episode that I spent half of it confusedly asking annoying questions of my boyfriend.
    i'd rather they don't explain everything otherwise if they did then i'd be finished with the whole story after watching two episodes of this season.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Wouldn't have though Whistler was that attractive to be honest.

I loved Gretchen cracking onto him "Do this deal right - you can come up to my room later and no won't be in my vocabulary" (paraphrase)

Gretchen is so fine.
    She has a real "nasty" look about her.

Advertisement