Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking pint glasses from pubs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

mp3guy wrote: »
    Never stolen any, but I often find them outside pubs on my way home on greens and such, so I take them home.

Hope you give em a fair wash first, a few "fair washes"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

One night we robbed about 6/7 including a bailey's one, the OH's HUGE handbag came in handy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

grasshopa wrote: »

Got one of them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

phasers wrote: »
    my ma robs plates from hotels

bit like that alan partridge episode - valentines night one where he scores with bird from his office (big plate that is):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Local pub got a rake load of jemmie glasses in, really fancy ones, we managed to get 8 out of 10. Gave them to my parents as a gift. Next day they were down the pub and saw the glass and said to the barman "there must be some promotional thing going on the jameson, my sone and his mates had lots of them last night".

Needless to say the barman wasn't impressed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

What's your rules on taking pint glasses from pub? We generally have a 3 pints to 1 glass rule, but this can vary depending on how many glasses you need and how much you plan to drink.

My rule is "Don't take what's not yours"

If I want a glass I'll ask for (and usually receive) it.

If I need several I will buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

mp3guy wrote: »
    Never stolen any, but I often find them outside pubs on my way home on greens and such, so I take them home.

That's actually worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

That's actually worse.

I concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I don't rob them very often, unless its a cool one.. I have about 2 Becks ones cos those are nice and one Kopparberg glass. Big handbags are indeed handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I have not so much robbed them but taken them with me so I could finish what was in them. Also got a box full of pint glasses from the guy that owns the Cardiff Inn one time, probably as a form of defense but I jst ran with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Meh, don't really care about people lifting pint glasses from the bar, I mean i'll take the bar I work in as an example, we have about 10-20 boxes of glasses spare in the store. I would be annoyed if I saw someone walking out with one of the fancy glasses we stock like hot whiskey glasses or champagne glasses. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

During the first week of college I'm going to be robbing plenty of pints and shot glasses, knives and forks, and loads of small packets of mayonaise!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Can remember partying so hard at this one bar on the beach, that when I stumbled out the door onto the sand, the bar tender just looked the other way while I carried my half full pint out the door. He probably felt that it was worth it, now that peace had been restored to his establishment.:pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

chin_grin wrote: »
    Ok, that's impressive. How the hell did you manage to walk out with those?
    I have no idea, apparently me and my sister walked straight out the door of the local nightclub with a stool each, sat around outside for a while and then took them home. All the stuff came from that nightclub, they've gotten a professional bouncer crew in since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Parsley wrote: »
    Got one of them!

got three of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

A friend handed me an Erdinger glass outside of a pub we just left.
    So I didn't really take it from the pub, he did, and now I have a cool glass that wont fit in the press.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My brother started collecting as many different glasses as he could, about a year ago iirc. Included Kopparberg, Erdinger, Harp, Bulmers and one or two more. One afternoon he looked at his shelf, saw a load of useless empty glasses, and realised the error of his ways!

That said, he does still have the big Erdinger and Kopparberg ones. Filled with, erm, pot-pouri... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I have a crate of the Erdinger sitting in my hall way, don't use then because they are a b!tch to clean....

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

have a few pint glasses but not many. dont know how I got them actually. But I love shot glasses. I have a glass cupboard in the kitchen with 3 glass shelves and they are lines with shot glasses. Love them! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

got a few shot glasses last weekend i do miss the asstrays got a few good ones years ago :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,995 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I "acquired" a pint glass from a pub in England, years ago, and the only reason I kept it was because all of the pub's glasses came ready etched with "This glass was stolen from the crown inn". It was too tempting to resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    I have a crate of the Erdinger sitting in my hall way, don't use then because they are a b!tch to clean....
    Don't let the dregs sit in the end - rinse them and then use a long handled brush when having them washed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Victor wrote: »
    Don't let the dregs sit in the end - rinse them and then use a long handled brush when having them washed.
    one of those brushes for getting inside baby bottles would be ideal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

gcgirl wrote: »
    got a few shot glasses last weekend i do miss the asstrays got a few good ones years ago :D:D:D

I too love asstrays. Except I generally call them stools :p

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

BOFH_139 wrote: »

Dude thats such a waste, they're a sexy glass if there is such a thing

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I used to have a huge collection, then I moved.
    I've only two Erdingers and two Kwaks left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

What's your rules on taking pint glasses from pub? We generally have a 3 pints to 1 glass rule, but this can vary depending on how many glasses you need and how much you plan to drink.

Depends on the quality of the glass. If it's a Carlsberg, I'll take as many as will fit in the missus' handbag.

It is the real indication of a person true colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Moonbaby wrote: »
    It is the real indication of a person true colours.

That just makes me think of f***in Phil Collins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 NicOda

Don't feel so bad about acquiring branded glasses from pubs. I was a bar manager and the only glasses I had to buy were pils glasses, slim jim's and believe it or not Guinness glasses.

All the other branded glasses were provided at request by the relevant rep for nothing along with all the other goodies.
    I'm on the look out for a Duvel glass if anyone has seen any loitering :P

Advertisement