Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking pint glasses from pubs

Options
  • 28-08-2008 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

What's your rules on taking pint glasses from pub? We generally have a 3 pints to 1 glass rule, but this can vary depending on how many glasses you need and how much you plan to drink.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

That reminds me, I'm running low on pint glasses. Must go to the pub...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I generall have a rule that involves buying them - they're not actually that expensive :D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

all you people around here are so craaaaazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

stole a litre glass from a beergarden in munich, brought it home and now i drink everything from it, had orange juice out of it this morning with my breakfast, felt like a viking lord at the table!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

grasshopa wrote: »
    What's your rules on taking pint glasses from pub? We generally have a 3 pints to 1 glass rule, but this can vary depending on how many glasses you need and how much you plan to drink.

Suppose it depends on how fancy the glass is and will it be missed? Trick is not to overdo it, in the same night, in the same place. Oh jebus no.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Its good to see a code of principles, regulations and quotas operating in the world of thievery. Personally I think to take any more than 20% of the church collection plate is outright unethical. and to be frowned upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Generally don't do it, unless its a really nice glass. Want to nab some of those Jameson branded glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i have a breo glass which i nicked, shame it was piss tho!

skelliser wrote: »
    i have a breo glass which i nicked, shame it was piss tho!

+1, I'm sure someone out there would pay a pretty penny for it if you threw it up on eBay.............not me. It's just a glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

We generally have a 3 pints to 1 glass rule

"We?" Are you in a syndicate of glass thieves or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I have never actually knicked a glass from a pub, mainly due to my massive lazyness.

I remember a friend stealing shot glasses before, and hiding them in her handbag. A few of the shot glasses still had the remains of whatever was initially in them, which landed her with stickyass money and a ruined mobile phone screen.

My brother always manages to land a few nice ones, think he has some Kopperburg ones which are cool.

Yeah, we know what you're up to we can..........pffffft.......see right through you..........sigh.
    I remember a friend stealing shot glasses before, and hiding them in her handbag. A few of the shot glasses still had the remains of whatever was initially in them, which landed her with stickyass money and a ruined mobile phone screen.

Try a ripped snare drum head............don't ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

pure scumbaggery! but resourceful...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I just ask if I can take the glass home with me.
    The staff in my local always say yes.
    I'm a clumsy bastard and am always breaking them, so I tend to take a good few home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Syndicate is such a strong word. I call it a "meeting of like-minded people"

Terry wrote: »
    I just ask if I can take the glass home with me.
    The staff in my local always say yes.
    I'm a clumsy bastard and am always breaking them, so I tend to take a good few home.
    perks of being a grumpy old bastard eh? respect

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

my ma robs plates from hotels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I call it a "meeting of like-minded people"
    Oh, like a "rally!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

When we lived in Dublin my missus was always at it. We had a nice little collection of pint glasses in the kitchen.

Since moving to Germany its been a bit harder, the glasses are huge and they won't fit in a handbag :mad:

• Advertisement

Do we need to turn this one in to a poll? Those for and against?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I think I've nabbed one.

Stay away from the pub one night and you'll have enough money to buy quite a few glasses.

Holsten wrote: »
    I think I've nabbed one.

Stay away from the pub one night and you'll have enough money to buy quite a few glasses.

Prescription?..........sigh (again)

Holsten wrote: »
    I think I've nabbed one.

qft, bravo sir

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I got one of those big ass frosted Smirnoff glasses from a club before. It was the first time I'd seen one and was so enthralled I took 2, incase one didnt work. I actually smashed one by accident on my way home but I still have the second one somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I live next to 3 pubs, all my glasses are from the pub bar two. I'd often walk out of the pub with the glass, drinking from it. Go for a **** at home and return to the pub with pint glass. Sometimes I leave glasses outside my door so I can take them in when I finish up for the night.

I used to be really bad for stealing from pubs. The home house still has a number of stools, light fixtures, signs and ashtrays from pubs.

I got one of those big ass frosted Smirnoff glasses from a club before. It was the first time I'd seen one and was so enthralled I took 2, incase one didnt work. I actually smashed one by accident on my way home but I still have the second one somewhere...

^ eh? How does a glass "not work"!? :D (I know if it's smashed and therefore cannot fulfill it's duty of retaining liquids. But to put it this way........)

I used to be really bad for stealing from pubs. The home house still has a number of stools, light fixtures, signs and ashtrays from pubs.

Ok, that's impressive. How the hell did you manage to walk out with those?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Never stolen any, but I often find them outside pubs on my way home on greens and such, so I take them home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

chin_grin wrote: »
    ^ eh? How does a glass "not work"!? :

When you're drunk thats one of those little things that go through your head ;)

• Advertisement

chin_grin wrote: »
    ^ eh? How does a glass "not work"!? :D (I know if it's smashed and therefore cannot fulfill it's duty of retaining liquids. But to put it this way........)

Ok, that's impressive. How the hell did you manage to walk out with those?
    all the magic could be gone out of it, these things happen you know

Advertisement