Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You HAVE the power...to take ONE show off the air forever.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

My Super Sweet Sixteen:eek:

I was forced to watch this by a room-mate..how anyone can watch a spoiled little sh*t acting like an uber spoiled little sh*t is beyond me :mad:... Even though I have to admit to smiling when all they're plans fall apart and a load of uninvited crash their party...ah is there anything more enjoyable than other peoples misery ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Most Haunted...I can't be in the same room when its on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

zuutroy wrote: »
    Most Haunted...I can't be in the same room when its on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Zaph wrote: »
    Any one of Coronation Street / Eastenders / Fair City / Emmerdale / Neighbours / Home & Away. I'm really not that fussy, but I hate soaps so much that having even one scrapped can only be for the good of humanity.

This sort of generalisation pisses the feck out of me. I quite like coronation street, most of the others are sh1te, but I think coronation street is quite good. And it is the most loved soap in the UK, so I cant be all wrong.

I also hate generalisations in other forms. Yes I hate most reality tv shows, but "SAS - Are you tough enough?", is a reality television show, but it is also good, compared to that fecking abomination which is Big Brother.

I also quite like friends. The reason it is on all the time is because people quite like it. The other thing that is on almost as much is frasier. I suppose one program is for the more refined viewer, and one is for the less refined. And if you cant understand friends, go to E4, you will definitely understand Big Brother.

If they take friends off TV, you can expect reruns of something of less quality. If another comedy had come along which equaled friends, they would be running it, but in my opinion nothing else has. So we are stuck watching reruns of friends until it dies, or something better comes along. Before friends it was reruns of Cheers, The Cosby Show and taxi.

American Dad i would happily take off. Who finds it funny??? BTW I dont like Bottom or Little Britain.

Family Guy was funny initially. The simpsons IMHO lasted better, but it has been drained of all humour because every issue has been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

syklops wrote: »
    American Dad i would happily take off. Who finds it funny??? BTW I dont like Bottom or Little Britain.
    I quite like American Dad and Bottom, but they're not very complex or mentally-engaging, none of the jokes are intelligent- I think it's just a matter of suspending not only your disbelief but your mind also!
    Agree with you about re-runs, they're inevitable, and can be enjoyed depending on the show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

karlr42 wrote: »
    I quite like American Dad and Bottom, but they're not very complex or mentally-engaging, none of the jokes are intelligent- I think it's just a matter of suspending not only your disbelief but your mind also!
    Agree with you about re-runs, they're inevitable, and can be enjoyed depending on the show

Thank you Karl42 for your objective opinion. Im not being sarcastic btw. I am actually glad, because anyone I meet who likes Bottom or little britain, seem... touched. Turning off my mind is something I have a problem with, so maybe thats it. I was watching American Pie last night, half a sleep, and yer man Jim goes "Im going inside to grab my bag. My date also.", Next scene, he has the date, no bag. I was almost out of it. My brain, no.

I wont have that problem tonight. A few more glasses of whiskey, and Ill pass out, hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Ah, continuity errors, you gotta love 'em ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

syklops wrote: »
    This sort of generalisation pisses the feck out of me. I quite like coronation street, most of the others are sh1te, but I think coronation street is quite good. And it is the most loved soap in the UK, so I cant be all wrong.

I also hate generalisations in other forms. Yes I hate most reality tv shows, but "SAS - Are you tough enough?", is a reality television show, but it is also good, compared to that fecking abomination which is Big Brother.

I also quite like friends. The reason it is on all the time is because people quite like it. The other thing that is on almost as much is frasier. I suppose one program is for the more refined viewer, and one is for the less refined. And if you cant understand friends, go to E4, you will definitely understand Big Brother.

If they take friends off TV, you can expect reruns of something of less quality. If another comedy had come along which equaled friends, they would be running it, but in my opinion nothing else has. So we are stuck watching reruns of friends until it dies, or something better comes along. Before friends it was reruns of Cheers, The Cosby Show and taxi.

Family Guy was funny initially. The simpsons IMHO lasted better, but it has been drained of all humour because every issue has been done.

Jeeeze, were your ears bleeding after that?

I like bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Coronation Street,,I feckin hate that stupid show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

Big brother and all the other garbage it spawned.

definitely agree with ya on that one , if only we could get rid of the people who watch em as well and then spend the rest of their free time reading magazines about whats gone on , on said shows when their not watching them !!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Big Brother. Definately Big Brother. Grrrr... aren't I allowed to just say reality TV in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's got to be the weather forecast - I think that all the channels have been doing the same one for three months. They seem to delight in telling everybody that it's never going to stop raining. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I like bottom

I'm just going to quote that out of context there...

First show that sprung to mind here for me was Two Pints of Larger and a Packet of Crisps... It seems to go out of it's way to be grating and annoying in every way possible... And there's a double bill of it on almost every feckin' night.

Advertisement