Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You HAVE the power...to take ONE show off the air forever.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Big Brother. I'd love to kill the son of a bìtch that invented that shìtbrick of a program!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

"Back to you". Only saw one episode of it the other night, but what a terrible low from the man who gave us "Frasier" and "Sideshow Bob".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

two and a half men, the worst thing ever to exist in the history of the world.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Mr E wrote: »
    Celebrity Masterchef is really good though (although thats down to the show's format, and the people that do well genuinely CAN cook)

I agree it's a great show, but I had a few gripes about the sereis just ended. Did you believe that Liz had never even used an oven before? I didn't quite buy it. I thought they over-played that note, and it lost a bit of credibility.

They seemed so eager to turn the contestants into quick recognizable characters that it began to look cliched too. Heart-of-gold newcomer Liz v. pernickety Andi, etc.

Is it on the wane, do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

phasers wrote: »
    two and a half men, the worst thing ever to exist in the history of the world.

:mad:

sings theme tune : men men men men !!

neighbours, so bad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

TarfHead wrote: »
    The Simpsons.

seriously

I never found it as funny, as subversive and as genre-changing as others have claimed.

IMHO it is nowhere close to being the 'best TV comedy of all time'. It litters the TV schedules in the same way as Friends and Scrubs do.

I would not miss it.

Well said. I loved it for a while, but it has long outlived its welcome. The film was like sitting in a pool of warm sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Big Brother

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'd second Xpose. I watched it once and my head exploded from the sheer stupidity of it all.

Plus the curly haired one told Will Ferrell that the Irish for 'hair ball' would indeed be 'gruaig ball'. If you're going to start with the Irish, at least have more than one word. Bimbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

gogglebok wrote: »
    I agree it's a great show, but I had a few gripes about the sereis just ended. Did you believe that Liz had never even used an oven before? I didn't quite buy it. I thought they over-played that note, and it lost a bit of credibility.
    Yeah, I though that was a bit suss too, gogglebok. "Natural Talent"? Really? No coaching at all? Hmmmm......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

BIG BROTHER

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Mr E wrote: »
    Nice idea for a thread, bravestarr.... Only one show? How do I choose?!? :)

You already have. You chose Bravestarr.

I will choose Scrubs. It dies a little more with each mutilated daytime repeat.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I can not choose just 1 program...
    But please get rid off all the "reality shows" they are an insult to people who actually have an higher iq than shoesize.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

gotta be CSI.. Miami, Vegas, wherever... the ginger midget wrecks my head:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Ah, come on. Give Friends a break. It's still funny when you watch them again. It saves you buying the DVD too because they show it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Simpsons (hasn't been remotely funny in years)
    Family Guy (I used to love it but Christ on a bike it's gone downhill)
    Neighbours (same as Family Guy)
    Every reality tv show to have ever come from the mind of some feckless tv exec, thankfully I only normally have to suffer through the BBC stuff but even those are god awful, I want to punch that yoke Arlene Phillips right in her 104 year old face.

As for channels, if it was possible I would love to wipe both TV3 and Real Estate TV of the face of the earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Dman001 wrote: »
    Ah, come on. Give Friends a break. It's still funny when you watch them again. It saves you buying the DVD too because they show it so much.

If by "funny" you mean making you want to set yourself on fire and slice your head off with a broken plastic scissors, then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

emo!! wrote: »
    sings theme tune : men men men men !!

aah it burns my ears!

Charlie Sheen must be the devil incarnate. Him or that weird kid who plays his nephew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Agree with GDM, take Simpsons off the air while it still has a modicum of its former glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Eastenders.
    Hate it, hate it, hate it.

The whiny wingey cockeney accents, the depressing storylines, the "humour".

I dont watch it, havent seen it years, but the fact that its out there, polluting, dumbing down, that gets to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Diarmey

The simpsons...{yawns}

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Well there is so much to choose from...Big Brother, Reality tv, soap opera's, MTV, crap American sitcoms...but I think I'd have to choose football. If it were taken off tv, it would make my world a little brigher. I hate it. I hate how it takes over prime time tv 9 months of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'd like to see all of the "your going to die - so take out some life assurance" ads for the over 50s on the music channels removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭brucer24!

Lost - oh god i hate that show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

Nightwish wrote: »
    Well there is so much to choose from...Big Brother, Reality tv, soap opera's, MTV, crap American sitcoms...but I think I'd have to choose football. If it were taken off tv, it would make my world a little brigher. I hate it. I hate how it takes over prime time tv 9 months of the year.

You do know the soccer season means beer, games and not an awful lot else. It does seem to take over and gets in the way of music and gigs, and just about everything else.

If you thought that was bad, the NFL is only in pre season right now. The league will run until the Super Bowl (XLIII) in Tampa, FL in Feb 1 2009. Great fun isn't it? The company I am with are doing NFL promos for a client in the US so we have to just get on with it. :(

At least you have Within Temptation to look forward to. Lucky thing. :)

Mind you I do like the excitement of the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Winning streak.

+1 This makes me ashamed to be Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

BIG BROTHER :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Any programme that has the word reality associated with it and involves embarrassing members of the public, who feel they have a talent for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Eastenders.

I dont watch it, havent seen it years, but the fact that its out there, polluting, dumbing down, that gets to me.

+1

But I still think Corrie is decent

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Any one of Coronation Street / Eastenders / Fair City / Emmerdale / Neighbours / Home & Away. I'm really not that fussy, but I hate soaps so much that having even one scrapped can only be for the good of humanity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Eastenders.

What I dont get is why it cant have a bit of comic relief like every other soap known to mankind instead of the constant negativity. Also it makes Cockney accents even more annoying than they really are and thats saying something.

Advertisement