Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai may be given new powers to enter your house / car to disable nuisance alarms.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

seamus wrote: »
    Big fines would be a sufficient deterrant against this, and it doesn't require any screwing with civil liberties, and is probably a far easier bill to draft.

They used to think that tickets were enough of a deterent against drivers parking in random spots - in the end the only thing that got the bus lanes cleared of parked cars was the threat of the clampers.

I don't think a fine is enough - the type of people who couldn't be bothered to maintain their alarms properly ("ah, sure, i'm never there when it's ringing for 10+ hours so i don't care...") need the big scary thought of a couple of guards letting themselves in.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cuckoo wrote: »
    They used to think that tickets were enough of a deterent against drivers parking in random spots - in the end the only thing that got the bus lanes cleared of parked cars was the threat of the clampers.

I don't think a fine is enough - the type of people who couldn't be bothered to maintain their alarms properly ("ah, sure, i'm never there when it's ringing for 10+ hours so i don't care...") need the big scary thought of a couple of guards letting themselves in.
    Here's a mad idea. If your alarm is going off, they put your house on the back of a truck and tow it away.

I pity the poor guy at the compound though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

d0gb0y wrote: »
    This goes against the constitution and is open to abuse. I wonder has the minister who is involved in this got friends/family involved in the home security business. Better off just not having an alarm now since noone responds to them anymore the only ones who insist on it are home insurers.
    FFS the green party allow shell to rape the natural resources of this country without paying sweet feck all taxes and export the gas abroad even though its against the constitution. The green in the green party stands for green dollars bunch of hypocritcal bastards:mad:
    Victor wrote: »
    No, I think that was Ray Burke, a FF member.
    d0gb0y wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/0828/1219873097682.html

from the times article it says it was Wormley oops I mean Gormley and iirc hes a greener
    You diverted the conversation to Shell and taxes, I quoted your post and said that was down to Ray Burke. You then changed the subject again.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

they get the locks changed and send you the bill.

about time in my opinion!

Thats fine if they charge you for changing the locks but you get a discount on your house insurance if you have an alarm. Don't think your covered if the alarm is not turned on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Right now as we speak there is an alarm going off in my appartment block and it has been going off for the last 36 hours ......... it is the loudest alarm I have heard in my life ...... Bring on this new law before I kill someone
    A lump hammer and a step ladder works wonders :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The Green party and people of that ilk think you should live a certain way.They hate the individual freedoms (like a private car) afforded to people today. IMO Fianna Fail should put some manners on them or kick them out if its required. I dont want to live in a police state thank you - you Green loopers.

Advertisement