Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP IP Phone + €5 Blueface Credit (€10)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Any chance you'll be getting in any more of these?

Didn't see this til now, would have loved to have gotten one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Ah thank God I ordered when I did so, if these work out I'd prob want to get more, any chance something similar would come again joePC?

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

I have 5 left for backup in case there are any damages in transit etc... So can offer these next week.

I should have 50+ Grandstream GXP-2000's in a couple of weeks and will very likely offer the same type of discount.

Sweet! Nice one.

MC

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

joePC wrote: »
    I have 5 left for backup in case there are any damages in transit etc... So can offer these next week.

I should have 50+ Grandstream GXP-2000's in a couple of weeks and will very likely offer the same type of discount.

Why are you doing this to us :confused: , don't sell it cheap because if you do I will need to order it, and if I get more stuff in the house I will have to move out. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Joe - will you be doing any wifi versions of these? Could be time to ditch the landline if you do.

Wifi VOIP phones a still a little expensive, even for the main stream. IP / DECT phones are more affordable and work extremely well.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Wifi VOIP phones a still a little expensive, even for the main stream. IP / DECT phones are more affordable and work extremely well.
    Interesting that - is it possible to take existing DECT phones and run them through an IP base unit?

Yes, you just need an ATA adaptor. This one is very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

I ordered 2. Tonight I got an email saying that they will supply only 1 per customer. Anyone else get this?
    I don't see how it happened because if a lot of people ordered multiples and now they're giving only 1 per order, they'll have a lot of phones left over that they're not sending out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

I ordered 2. Tonight I got an email saying that they will supply only 1 per customer. Anyone else get this?
    I don't see how it happened because if a lot of people ordered multiples and now they're giving only 1 per order, they'll have a lot of phones left over that they're not sending out.

Tough for you, but might be good news for those of us who missed out!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

amby666 wrote: »
    Tough for you, but might be good news for those of us who missed out!

Its not tough for me, I'll be getting a phone, the 2nd phone was for someone else. If the site had actually stated that it was one per customer, she could have ordered it herself. But now she misses out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

If it's of interest to anyone - Freespeech.ie is still giving away an ADSL modem/wireless router with VoIP free (you pay for P&P, €10.00) when you sign up for a Home Unlimited or Small Business Unlimited VoIP account - http://www.freespeech.ie/home/index.html

You can plug your regular phone into the router, and make VoIP calls with it. It also has a PSTN passthrough so you can make calls with your landline if you want to too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Anyone's order get dispatched yet? Cant wait to get my voip setup setup up and running for myself, great offer JoePc good to see you looking after boards customers.

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yes, you just need an ATA adaptor. This one is very popular.

They're also available on eBay: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__linksys-ATA_W0QQ_nkwZlinksysQ20ATAQ20QQ_cqrZtrueQQ_nkwuscZliksysQQ_nkwuscZATA I got a Linksys ATA for €20 including delivery on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Mine just arrived - working away nicely straight out of the box, just called my picky mother who didn't notice anything wrong - she's usually the first to give out when I call her via skype at the poor call quality :) Brilliant stuff, sending it over to America with my baby brother when he moves in November so we can keep an eye on him :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Mine arrived today as well.

Just noticed that the postal charge was €6.00

I dont know how you do it joePC

Thanks.

Mine arrived too but the power supply has a high pitch ringing coming from it, really annoying. Have contacted them about it and awaiting resolution, keep ye informed

MC

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Mine arrived too but the power supply has a high pitch ringing coming from it, really annoying. Have contacted them about it and awaiting resolution, keep ye informed

MC
    It's a bog standard 9V DC power supply.. replace it yourself!

Umm yeah.

MC :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

@joePC - when are you releasing the ones you are left with ;)

Hey Just woondering who actually delivered the phones?Dhl/An Post?

Hey Just woondering who actually delivered the phones?Dhl/An Post?
    Mine was An Post.

Looks like i will be waiting till tomorrow was looking forward in messing about with them tonight and all :(
    jmccrohan wrote: »
    Mine was An Post.

Looks like i will be waiting till tomorrow was looking forward in messing about with them tonight and all :(
    There is hope for you yet.
    It was "delivery man in a van" An Post.

Not the regular postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭KNO3

Got mine as well, An Post/postman delivered it. Set up straight out of the box, no problems, making phonecalls straight away, perfect reception. Well pleased.

Thanks very much Joepc great offer:)

Hi All

I received my phone today and works ok but what I noticed is that when is switch on (from the back) I can hear a continues low squeaky noise 1st I thought it was the phone itself but after checking it further noticed that the noise is coming from the plug itself. Any others with the same/similar problem?

Also thought it was strange only makes the noise when is switch on as the noise is from the plug not the phone. :confused:

Have the same problem, they sending me a replacement when they send me out my next phone that I'm getting from them. Works great on a multi-voltage adaptor I happened to have handy.

MC

thanks will send them a mail on the web.

• Advertisement

:( no sign of mine yet

Advertisement