Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP IP Phone + €5 Blueface Credit (€10)

Options
  • 27-08-2008 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

Great Deal,

YWH500%20ip%20phone.jpgVOIP IP Phone + €5 Blueface Credit for €10

Its comes delivered already setup with the Blueface account, just plug it in and start calling. Free Shipping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Durrrrrrrrrrr..

You wouldn't be affiliated with them, would you joePC? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

:pac: That's quite possible!!!! Seriouly tho ifs it against the charter pls delete.

Cheers, Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Lidl have them for €9.99 so no €6.99 delivery:

08_18234_b.jpg

:D (Not really the same, just an ordinary phone.)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

All sorted now.

Ahhh sorry about that, shipping is free. Thats changed now.

• Advertisement

Fair play for you JoePC 'tis a good deal with free delivery. Even if it's B-grade, these babies usually cost over €100.

As Oracle pointed out the Lidl offer is a standard PSTN phone, for the uninitiated our phones are IP based which means your calls are made over the internet using a VOIP provider, in this case its Blueface.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

can you change provider if necessary?

I think this phone is based on a chip by Palmmicro supplied by Yuxin. There's a tutorial and some user comments (mixed) at Asterisk Guru.

Yes, you can change to any SIP or IAX compatible provider.

Here is a screenshot of the config page.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

Thanks, looking at it there's no mention they locked to Blueface so I would say they are free to be configure as you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

WOW! that's one user friendly looking config page ;)
    It's a good deal imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tiobraid arann

hi joe-perhaps you can explain to a totally non techie how this phone works?
    ive heard you can buy a special fone that plugs into the back of the computer and allows you to fone the UK for next to nothing-is this it? what are the costs of foning on it? and is the clarity of a conversation as good as a normal landline? if i buy one does it come with a disc that does the setup for you

cheers

Hi all,

I should point out the comment I made (Over 2 years ago) on the Asterisk Guru phone review (See bottom of the page)

I can safely say Yuxin (The manufacture of the phone) has released a number of firmware updates that have fixed these issues.

Cheers, Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

joePC wrote: »
    Hi all,

I should point out the comment I made (Over 2 years ago) on the Asterisk Guru phone review (See bottom of the page)

I can safely say Yuxin (The manufacture of the phone) has released a number of firmware updates that have fixed these issues.

Cheers, Joe
    I wouldn't be so quick to praise these phones; I rolled out 50 based on this review. I have to return them because of the following faults.

1. Power over Ethernet causes a loud static sound from the speaker at all times ((unbearable))
    2. 0.5 / 1 second pauses of absolute silence when talking on the phone ((unbearable))
    3. Cheap quality, the headset button stays jammed when left on overnight.
    4. Bad sound quality for the speaker and headset, echo from external calls, tested with Grandstream GXP-2000 (Perfect quality)

Don’t touch these phones if you have the choice, I tried to save our company money getting these phones instead it has caused me Hugh annoyance and expense, we are getting 50 GXP-2000 in two days, The grandstream is a great phone and an excellent company to deal with also great support for there customers.

I got mine from http://www.yntx.com/ they have ignored my quires about the phone. They know the faults but still sell the phones, a total waste of time.
    I only wish someone had posted like this before I ordered.
    Thanks,
    Joe

I've just ordered one as it looks like a fairly good deal, if as you say the firmware update solves the above issues. Will the new firmware be on it when it arrives, or do I need to manually update it?

EDIT: I see from the Asterisk Guru page that the firmware is easy enough to update so it should be ok.

Hi Arann,

Its quite simple.

1. The phone connects to your Home broadband router (LAN Port) or if you only have 1 LAN port you can connect it to the phone and from the phone into your PC.

2. The phone registers with its provider (Blueface.ie)

3. You start calling as normal.

The calling costs are listed here on the Blueface website. Also have a look at the blog entry.

The clarity is largely dependant on your broadband connection. I would recommend you read this and run the network tester available.

The phone doesn’t come with a disc, there is no software needed. It runs independently of your PC or Laptop.

Hi Ronny,

The phones will be running the latest SIP firmware.

Cheers, Joe

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

Place and order earlier (last hour) after I sent them a question and they already replied. Very good service.

joePC keeps us updated with any other offers.

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

nava wrote: »
    Hi

Place and order earlier (last hour) after I sent them a question and they already replied. Very good service.

joePC keeps us updated with any other offers.

Thanks
    Agreed. Service was top notch. Two separate questions answered within minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tiobraid arann

i think i will get one-joe does the phone come with the lead that connects to my router-i checked an i have a spare LAN yoke in it ...and has the fone got a handsfree?

• Advertisement

It has a speakphone / handsfree option. It doesn't come with a LAN cable. Drop them a mail when you order and I'll be able to arrange one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is it skype compatible?

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Is it skype compatible?
    No afaik. Skype doesn't support sip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Fair enough, thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Ordered one, Thanks.

jmccrohan wrote: »
    No afaik. Skype doesn't support sip.
    Actually, according to this I think it is possible, but requires a bunch of software and settings.

Would probably be a pain in the ass to set up.

EDIT: A much better solution to this is available here and it explains basically how this works here.

Actually, according to this I think it is possible, but requires a bunch of software and settings.

Would probably be a pain in the ass to set up.
    I meant natively ;) Read somewhere a while back that google will be adding sip support to gtalk.

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I meant natively ;) Read somewhere a while back that google will be adding sip support to gtalk.
    Yep, so I've heard, but to be honest no one uses gTalk for voice, it's mainly just IM, Skype seems to have the voice market almost completely tied up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Sounds like a great offer, just ordered two to try them out. Thanks OP

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Thats them all sold out, great to see such a interest in VOIP.
    Many thanks for the orders.

Cheers, Joe

Advertisement