Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Does anyone do this course and want to tell me about it?"

Options
  • 01-02-2007 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

MOD EDIT:
    If you've suddenly found this 9-page thread spring up overnight, please don't be alarmed.
    An explanation is here.

Interested in the following courses if anyone could be of help!

Law @ UCC
    Law & Euro @ UL
    Law & Acc @ UL
    Law & Griffith College Cork
    Government @ UCC
    Politics @ Maynooth

also regarding computer courses... What of Comp Science offered by UCC, and in comparison to Computer Information Systems at CIT? I've a friend who is gonna be doing one of those two.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

If any1 can give info on following courses:
    Speech and Language in UCC
    Speech and Language in University of Ulster
    Speech and Language in Trinity
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' in Galway

THANKS SO MUCH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Hooly22

Anyone able to give me any information on studying medicine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Izziflusky

did any1 here do intellectual disability nursing? or any kinda nursin at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Arts in NUI Maynooth anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

MSISS in TCD or Business Computing in DIT anyone?

• Advertisement

Nehpets wrote:
    MSISS in TCD or Business Computing in DIT anyone?

Check the link I've provided in this thread already. There are two threads in the link for MSISS in Trinity. It's meant to be tough, but a very good degree.
    Question: Why didn't ye ask the students what they thought of the course when you were at the open days?

If you weren't at the open days, tough ****.

Yes, you're completely right. Because you didn't go along to one event, obviously you are doomed. Doomed I tells ya.

Or you might actually find that most people on this site are more then willing to help other people, and especially if they have questions relating to their own course. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

just wonderin has anyone done any sort of physics degree?? i know everyone says that theres a shortage of physic degree people but i know someone who couldnt get a job after gettin a first class honours in physics from UCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

Film an television prodruction. There are at least three i am deeply considering, but i dont know which one to choose.

a. IADT - (BA) 4yrs. Film and Television Production.
    28 places available only. porfolio req.

b. DCU - (BA) 3yrs. Communication Studies.
    (MA) 1yr. Film and Televition Production,

c. BCFE - Television and Digital Film (1yr)
    Cinematography (1yr)
    Radio Production (1yr)
    (BA) Media Production Management (1yr)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

just wonderin has anyone done any sort of physics degree?? i know everyone says that theres a shortage of physic degree people but i know someone who couldnt get a job after gettin a first class honours in physics from UCC

Hey man, Im hopefully going to be studying Physics in UCC next year. A good friend of mine is in his 4th year and he has already been approached by Tyndall to move to Barcelona to research phonons or something. Sounds pretty impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 FergusConcannon

If anyone from
    *International Business and Japanese in DCU
    *Commerce in UCD

Can give me any info that would be fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 evee_03

Anyone doing B.Ed in St Pats??
    Any info would be good!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

im really considering doing law at queens university belfast. just wondering anybody who did this course what did they think of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Besides markup languages, is Programming included:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

md99 wrote:
    Interested in the following courses if anyone could be of help!

Law @ UCC
    Law & Euro @ UL
    Law & Acc @ UL
    Law & Griffith College Cork
    Government @ UCC
    Politics @ Maynooth

also regarding computer courses... What of Comp Science offered by UCC, and in comparison to Computer Information Systems at CIT? I've a friend who is gonna be doing one of those two.
    im in law in ucc if ur still interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

dcarroll wrote:
    im in law in ucc if ur still interested

certainly am!

boger wrote:
    im really considering doing law at queens university belfast. just wondering anybody who did this course what did they think of it

I highly recommend the course, in fact they say the further away from UCC the better the law degree I hear... :eek: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

md99 wrote:
    I highly recommend the course, in fact they say the further away from UCC the better the law degree I hear... :eek: :)
    not true whatsoever, certainly in the top 3 law schools in the republic imo

Here's a tip, as stupid as it may sound, but make sure you have an interest in the college course you want to do. Don't be like me and basically go eeney-meeney-miney-moe on the CAO. I ended up getting Computing in Software Development in GMIT and it took me 2 years to realise it just wasn't for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

If anyone from
    *International Business and Japanese in DCU
    *Commerce in UCD

Can give me any info that would be fantastic

I know aloto f people who done IBL with Japaneese in DCU. THe business Part is easy enough, well in the scheme of things but they all found the japaneese very tough going. All just came out with a very basic grasp. Also you have to be willing to go to live and study in Japan for a year which again can be good be tough at the same time.

I done business in DCU & DIT so cant help you out on the UCD front. Any questions on the latter though and Id be happy to answer them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hey just wondering about Computer Applications In DCU!!! Is is any good . what are the hours like , Course content.etc!

• Advertisement

dcarroll wrote:
    not true whatsoever, certainly in the top 3 law schools in the republic imo

that was a joke, idiot, that's why i followed it with smilies...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Naikon wrote:
    Besides markup languages, is Programming included:confused:

multimedia courses don't contain much programming as you call it. they'd do markup languages like HTML and possibly do PHP at a stretch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

bit of civil eng in ucd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Cremo wrote:
    multimedia courses don't contain much programming as you call it. they'd do markup languages like HTML and possibly do PHP at a stretch

I see, I thought Multimedia would contain a bit more programming content.
    That course in IADT "Multimedia systems" or something has a good bit in it, but to be honest I dont like the look of almost half of it.
    must be a great place If you are in anyway creative/interested in media/Arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Is anybody doing Commerce in UCC

Is There much maths or accounting in the first two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 walkers

Does anyone know which colleges/universities do a degree in web design any help is appreciated:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Marketing in DIT anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mrac

chemical engineering ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

DeBeere wrote:
    Marketing in DIT anyone?
    ya i have that down aswell !! do you know if the course is any good ?? whats the hours like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Arts in NUI Maynooth anyone?

Yep, any subjects in mind? I've experience of three and a bit, and have friends in others.

Advertisement