Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - Resources, Technical Issues, Troubleshooting, FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

jaykhunter wrote: »
    You'll need a HDMI cable. Don't pay loads for it, they're all the same -- it's all a gimmick to make you pay more.
    Well, not necessarily. I would think that some cables will be more expensive as they are longer which could be helpful depending on how your electronics are set up. Make sure to check the length and if one cable is more expensive than another and they are both the same length then don't bother with the more expensive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Nice one lads, appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Hello chaps,question about "an error occurred during the start operation".

I don't ever remember getting this error before,but I got Star Wars-The Force Unleashed today and it won't boot without getting this error.
    I read about it online and attempted to fix it using the "restore system" function which sorts out any corrupted data,but this didn't work.
    The disc looks perfect but from what I've read online,others that have got this error have found that no games at all will work without getting that error,but I've tried about 5 games and they all work fine.
    Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

Recently bought a ps3.I tried to play mw2 with a friend on the Internet.Every time I invite him to a game or vice versa we can't connect.If he is in a pre game lobby and invites me in sometimes I can join but he can't see me in session and then I get a message saying unable to connect to host contact infinitywared.ie( or something similar)

I'm with eircom.in system settings I'm on nat 3 and when I'm online it says my nat is strict.Don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

yes N.A.T. type 3 is strict and you may have problems connecting...im not an eircom customer so i cant explain how to get around that particular system...
    try talking to someone who does or ring eircom and tell them ur problem

i run on nat type 2 and never have problems

hope ur problem gets fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

groomek wrote: »
    Recently bought a ps3.I tried to play mw2 with a friend on the Internet.Every time I invite him to a game or vice versa we can't connect.If he is in a pre game lobby and invites me in sometimes I can join but he can't see me in session and then I get a message saying unable to connect to host contact infinitywared.ie( or something similar)

I'm with eircom.in system settings I'm on nat 3 and when I'm online it says my nat is strict.Don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Cheers

Is it the grey netopia router?? Those are only capable of NAT 3,yes I know it sounds ridiculous but hey its Eircom. I had the same issues with ReadDead,couldnt join online.I wined at eircom every other day until tehy sent out the new router which can do NAT 2.I just used an old router in the mean time to get around the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

Hello chaps,question about "an error occurred during the start operation".

I don't ever remember getting this error before,but I got Star Wars-The Force Unleashed today and it won't boot without getting this error.
    I read about it online and attempted to fix it using the "restore system" function which sorts out any corrupted data,but this didn't work.
    The disc looks perfect but from what I've read online,others that have got this error have found that no games at all will work without getting that error,but I've tried about 5 games and they all work fine.
    Any suggestions?

Had the game loaded any bit??

Try looking for the save game data folder for the game on the XMB at the top of the game column.If a starwars game save data exists then delete that and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

update 3.50

ps3 gets as far as 18% and wont download anymore....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

spider_pig wrote: »
    update 3.50

Have you turned if off? If not, dont! Let it sit there for a while, connection to the PS Store may be slow with everyone downloading the update. How long has it been on 18% for?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

spider_pig wrote: »
    update 3.50

Update by USB...http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/index.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

F1ngers wrote: »

did that worked a charm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Having a problem with updates-downloads no problem but get error message during install even using a usb stick,any ideas what's causing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

zerks wrote: »
    Having a problem with updates-downloads no problem but get error message during install even using a usb stick,any ideas what's causing this?

What is the error number?

Downloading latest version now,will let you know how it goes and post error number if not successful.

Error 8002F99D is coming up now.

There are two code for this

usb way : 8002f99d

&

ps3 Internet way : 8002f997 (try and see if that's right)

8002f997 means there is corruption on the file, what connection does the ps3 and pc have.

Got the first error message trying via usb,just tried direct via internet and got 8002F997
    Ah well,it's off for the night-will go at it again tomorrow sometime and see how it goes (crosses fingers)

zerks wrote: »
    Got the first error message trying via usb,just tried direct via internet and got 8002F997
    Ah well,it's off for the night-will go at it again tomorrow sometime and see how it goes (crosses fingers)

Try disabling SPI for a time on the router and re-enable it if this works and finishes or doesn't work, as it is important.

Got it updated-bypassed the router completely and connected via ethernet cable direct to the modem and viola it worked.Thanks for the info Varik:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

My 60gb busted last night, YLOD. Does anyone know of any stores in Dublin who stock 60gb refurbs,sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum to ask this question.

• Advertisement

My 60gb busted last night, YLOD. Does anyone know of any stores in Dublin who stock 60gb refurbs,sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum to ask this question.

I wouldn't think you'll find it in a shop, only adverts, ebay or the like.

Have a look on the small claims court thread to see if you think you might have a chance of getting some money out of whoever sold it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

Hi

My controller fell the other day and the r2 button is very stiff and doesn't spring back.Where the r2 button is,a bit of the controller is out of place but it won't go back in.

Help appreciated

Hi

My controller fell the other day and the r2 button is very stiff and doesn't spring back.Where the r2 button is,a bit of the controller is out of place but it won't go back in.

Help appreciated
    1. Take it apart and fix it
    2. Buy a new controller

Hi

Help appreciated

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055964403

I've fixed a few already, if you have any problems ask. All you need is a screwdriver and a spring from a pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

Thanks lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Posted a topic about problems with fifa 11 early on tonight but now its got worse!!

I tried another game mw2 not loading black screen fifa world cup same black screen no idea whats wrong :(

My ps3 is the original fat one in perfect condition i did change harddrive on it months ago but cant see why would affect it now out of no where just starting last nite randomally playing a game.

What am i meant to do now??

I tried playing a ps game i have bought from market and that works so its not the hard drive.

I also just tried to play a blu ray avatar which i have played and watched before not working.

Posted a topic about problems with fifa 11 early on tonight but now its got worse!!

I tried another game mw2 not loading black screen fifa world cup same black screen no idea whats wrong :(

My ps3 is the original fat one in perfect condition i did change harddrive on it months ago but cant see why would affect it now out of no where just starting last nite randomally playing a game.

I tried playing a ps game i have bought from market and that works so its not the hard drive.

I also just tried to play a blu ray avatar which i have played and watched before not working.

I think you've answered your own question, blu-ray drive is phuqed.
    Try a standard DVD, to be sure, if it works, it's the blu-ray.

From the sound of it it doesn't seem like a problem that can be fixed with changing some options, back-up the HDD and then try to use the Format Utility ,Restore Default Settings or Restore PS3 System.

Did avatar work before or not, try it on someone else's ps3, it may be the blu ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

F1ngers wrote: »
    I think you've answered your own question, blu-ray drive is phuqed.
    Try a standard DVD, to be sure, if it works, it's the blu-ray.

Put the avater dvd version in and yup it plays ffs !!!!! :mad: :(

Now what do i do?? Anyone any ideas?
    I have this ps3 since release day weekend its well out of warranty and i also have upgraded the hard drive.

Who should i contact bout this is it easy and cheap enough to get fixed?

• Advertisement

Put the avater dvd version in and yup it plays ffs !!!!! :mad: :(

Now what do i do?? Anyone any ideas?
    I have this ps3 since release day weekend its well out of warranty and i also have upgraded the hard drive.

Who should i contact bout this is it easy and cheap enough to get fixed?

I used this place earlier in the year when my phat died(YLOD). http://www.computerrepairs.ie/console_repair.html

Are you handy with a screwdriver?

Advertisement