Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikini Bod

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

hi dudess,i think the point al was making is that saying to eat clean is obviously the goal,but the previous poster gave no indication of what that could entail.Its like saying to study more you need to study more.As for mixed messages,well thats what happens in online forums isn't it?I know this is off topic,but you joined tt recently and seem to be interested in making your body/life better and healthier,and i just didn't want you to get discouraged and stop using the fitness forum because of some poor advice.
    Cheers Brian. No it's just I often see comments like "weight loss boils down simply to food" yet obviously if you were to increase your exercise in addition to switching to a healthy diet, you'd lose more weight than if you didn't exercise. And if you did eat stodgy stuff now and again, you'd burn it off with ****loads of exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yes thats true.The standard figures are by decreasing calorie intake by 500 cals a day a person should theoritically lose a pound of fat a wk.If they expend 300 cals a day extra in exercise/activity they should lose more weight because then the calorie deficit is 800/day.Thats very simplistic,but thats pretty much what it boils down to.If you see someone giving odd or wrong advice refer back to the stickies,or call them out as you did today.Everyone has an answer but not always the right one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Was the OP happy with her results?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Was the OP happy with her results?

Mod I apologise in advance...

Climate Expert... You're a knob!!! The girl just wanted to know if anyone wanted tips on toning up ... NOT lose loads of weight before she went on holidays.
    People don't post on boards.ie to get slagged off etc... if you have no constructive advice to offer... then don't bother posting at all.....

I have no respect for people like you!

OP - I hope you achieved the results that you wanted. And I hope that you had a great holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Mod I apologise in advance...

Climate Expert... You're a knob!!! The girl just wanted to know if anyone wanted tips on toning up ... NOT lose loads of weight before she went on holidays.
    People don't post on boards.ie to get slagged off etc...

if you have no constructive advice to offer... then don't bother posting at all.....

I have no respect for people like you!

OP - I hope you achieved the results that you wanted. And I hope that you had a great holiday

It might be an idea to re-read and re-consider your own post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Ya lost the head a little bit there. People who just slag off really annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Munster_Gal infracted for abuse.

In future, if you find yourself getting annoyed, take a break from your keyboard and calm down before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

smashey wrote: »
    Munster_Gal infracted for abuse.

In future, if you find yourself getting annoyed, take a break from your keyboard and calm down before posting.
    Personally I would have her given a weeks ban as it was she was needlessly offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Personally I would have her given a weeks ban as it was she was needlessly offensive.
    Leave the modding to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

I think that was harsh. She didn't really deserve to be infracted for something that petty. I think I should be a mod, I'd be brilliant and fair because I'm a lovely guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I think I should be a mod, I'd be brilliant and fair because I'm a lovely guy.

Funniest thing I've seen on boards in a very, very long time.

Thread closed. Munster_Gal dragging up a thread is annoying. Dragging up a thread to insult someone is simply craptastic. Once again Climate Expert I suggest that you brush up on the Charter with regards to arguing with moderators in-thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement